ot:I am in hell...Providence vs St Johns on a major | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ot:I am in hell...Providence vs St Johns on a major

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I have to imagine so - look at their attendance this year.

Duke sold the place out, but otherwise they're struggling to get more than 6,000 actual bodies into the building.

Gonzaga, Nova...didn't matter. Tickets aren't moving.
They will give Duke a lifetime of MSG games, and no doubt will bring in Syracuse whenever they can.

Reaction Score
9000 in attendance; not a sellout, but respectable for a noon tipoff considering the weather. As far as uconns current situation; if you are butthurt about it, look in the mirror.

Reaction Score
Sunny and mid 20's...so what was the issue with the weather in NYC today? It's January in the city.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
9000 in attendance; not a sellout, but respectable for a noon tipoff considering the weather. As far as uconns current situation; if you are butthurt about it, look in the mirror.

What is there to look in the mirror about? I've got no problem with Providence or St. John's. I like your league and I think it's good for basketball.

Do you really think UConn doesn't belong in a P5 league? Do you really think it's the fans' fault they aren't?

Reaction Score

sean 9,000 my a**. I already said you guys did a nice job with the crowd. Good PC following, not close to what we used to do but respectable.

Not so well in the final score against a team that was trying to hand you the game but oh well, who are we to say?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I have to imagine so - look at their attendance this year.

Duke sold the place out, but otherwise they're struggling to get more than 6,000 actual bodies into the building.

Gonzaga, Nova...didn't matter. Tickets aren't moving.

How many bodies are in Hartford for our AAC games?

I would have thought that given that the Big East is the #2 RPI league, makes a lot more money than us, is broadcast on a network that doesn't hate it, has had multiple teams ranked all season, and is rocking it on the recruiting trail, we would have stopped trying to pretend we have it better than them.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
nelsonmuntz said:
How many bodies are in Hartford for our AAC games? I would have thought that given that the Big East is the #2 RPI league, makes a lot more money than us, is broadcast on a network that doesn't hate it, has had multiple teams ranked all season, and is rocking it on the recruiting trail, we would have stopped trying to pretend we have it better than them.

13,000 plus for the last three, I believe. Which at last check is more than 9000.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
There have been two college hockey games at MSG this year...they drew 15k and 13k.

College hockey fills the building more than the Big East. Check the numbers.

Reaction Score

14,105 for South Florida
15,564 for Cincinnati
13,428 for Temple

Put another way, there were 5,000 more people in Hartford watching Uconn play a terrible South Florida team than there were at MSG watching St. John's play a pretty good Providence team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
14,105 for South Florida
15,564 for Cincinnati
13,428 for Temple

Put another way, there were 5,000 more people in Hartford watching Uconn play a terrible South Florida team than there were at MSG watching St. John's play a pretty good Providence team.
Those are great numbers.

Reaction Score
Very strange fan base. When we're having a very successful year the games like USF don't get that many.

I went to Cincy and USF and both were impressive crowds. Cindy at 11am to boot and USF not an appealing game normally and yet looking around, no huge gaping holes in the seats.

Reaction Score
Very strange fan base. When we're having a very successful year the games like USF don't get that many.

I went to Cincy and USF and both were impressive crowds. Cindy at 11am to boot and USF not an appealing game normally and yet looking around, no huge gaping holes in the seats.

Wait. You went to USF?? Where were you drinking??? :)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I would have thought that given that the Big East is the #2 RPI league, makes a lot more money than us, is broadcast on a network that doesn't hate it, has had multiple teams ranked all season, and is rocking it on the recruiting trail, we would have stopped trying to pretend we have it better than them.

Oh, usually about two and a half times what St. John's draws at Madison Square Garden, you dopey f---.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sounded like the PC fans did a decent job today getting there but let's admit it's never going to be the same as UConn-Johnnies on a Saturday afternoon or evening. Them were the days!

Until they were stolen from us by Satan.

Reaction Score
PC fans are very familiar with MSG from all their deep NIT runs.

Reaction Score
We are stuck on a fifth tier station for 30 percent of our games! This is ridiculous. More people would watch cricket then this game. I understand its not a national game but still. This game should be on ESPN 17
of all the dumb posts about our TV coverage this one might be the dumbest.

Simply this all that needs to be said:

Reaction Score
Wait. You went to USF?? Where were you drinking??? :)

No, went with my handicapped buddy. Well had a couple as did he. But I wouldn't call it "drinking" as you and I know it alex lol

Reaction Score
I am glad we arent on major station because we been playing ugly.. Lets keep this on the low....Off topic: I havent been on here for the past week because I don't need to read the people freaking out about these ugly games but it is what it is.. I see a lot of positives with this team. We clearly arent a top team this year and you could see that early. But this happens to a lot of programs especially after losing so many players... I think Hamilton and Brimah show plenty of positives for us, having them return with calhoun and purvis will be great for us. Its all about improving now so we are great next season...Lets just hope the recruiting picks up over the next few years

I was wrong I don't want this game where most of our games on any major stations!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not everyone can draw 3500 on the road like UConn.
Congrats

We drew 80,000 on the road the last time we were in Texas.

ncaa-uconn-gtytompennington.jpg

Reaction Score
About half as many people were at PC-St. John's as were at Cornell-Penn State HOCKEY at MSG last month.

The Big East cannot fill these buildings anymore.

St. John doesnt usually sell out its games, not even before 2013 breakup. but 9k for them seems to be enough for them to play @ MSG

I wonder how long before they have to quit playing in MSG. That would be a sad day. NYC should have a CBB team playing in MSG. It sounds wrong not to.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69