OT. How good is Duke going to be next year? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT. How good is Duke going to be next year?

Reaction Score
Went to the Duke/UNC game in early Feb.. McCain had 23 and 11 boards. Was the best Duke player that night. Very smooth. He will be a big loss for Duke. Proctor only had 2 points. He did not look good. I was very impressed with UNC’s Trimble. He had 10 points and played hard nose defense. Trimble is in the portal.

Reaction Score
high 20's wins. Fizzle out at a sweet 16 appearance. Mediocre coaching will be their demise.

Reaction Score
As much as these kids fall for the Duke line and dream of being a star there reality is that there can’t be enough PT for as many 5 stars that they have…maybe some of them bail.

Reaction Score
As long as Proctor is a featured guard, they’re going nowhere. Might be the most overhyped player in America. They’ll be top 15 on talent alone. I like Foster and Flagg will be an absolute stud. My guess is Elite 8 is their ceiling.
For only one year. Lol

Reaction Score
dook will be number one and win the National Title for the next 4 years in a row. dook will be always be the best team in the Nation even if they have a losing record. dook will always be greater than UConn, and UConn fans will always look to them for insight and comparison.

This thread is why blue bloods are so revered. Rip and Emeka squads dispatched them in our Championship runs, yet somehow, they still are relevant to UConn.

To me, until we go undefeated in the conference, the BE (non blue bloods) schools are the only opponents that matter.

end of rant

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nabonga is the recruit that should have signed with UConn. But maybe he wants to sit and learn for a year or two. This old school way.

Reaction Score
dook will be number one and win the National Title for the next 4 years in a row. dook will be always be the best team in the Nation even if they have a losing record. dook will always be greater than UConn, and UConn fans will always look to them for insight and comparison.

This thread is why blue bloods are so revered. Rip and Emeka squads dispatched them in our Championship runs, yet somehow, they still are relevant to UConn.

To me, until we go undefeated in the conference, the BE (non blue bloods) schools are the only opponents that matter.

end of rant
With all the HS talent they have, if Duke loses more than 8 or 9 games, Scheyer’s neck will be in a noose.

Reaction Score
I can’t remember a recruit in recent memory who made a more regrettable decision than Cooper Flagg. I mean, he will do well at Duke and be a top pick the following year after Duke flames out in the Sweet 16. So it’s not all bad. But had he come to UConn, with Hurley’s inevitable portal additions, he would have been a national champion in a historic UConn run to a three peat. I really believe that.

Reaction Score
I can’t remember a recruit in recent memory who made a more regrettable decision than Cooper Flagg. I mean, he will do well at Duke and be a top pick the following year after Duke flames out in the Sweet 16. So it’s not all bad. But had he come to UConn, with Hurley’s inevitable portal additions, he would have been a national champion in a historic UConn run to a three peat. I really believe that.
Would have loved him here but there are PLENTY of players that have made more regrettable decisions. He’s going to be he top pick in the draft whether he went to Duke, UConn, or DePaul.

Reaction Score

end of rant
Who is this clown ffs!

Reaction Score
One and done has won before with Duke and Kentucky. More often than not it won't get you to a final 4. Buy collect enough 5 stars and it can bring you the ring.

And even tho Jon can't coach at an elite level, the media will drool over him like he is the world's greatest coach.

Reaction Score
We wanted these 5 stars too, simply put they didn't want us. Flagg, Ngomba etc.

Uconn has won the last 2 years with 1 top 50 recruit, simply the Uconn way.

Reaction Score

It’s a team sport, that’s what Scheyer, Calipari and their like don’t realize. How many National Championships or even Big Ten Championships did the Michigan Fab 5 win? Zero!!!

Reaction Score

Yes, that maybe true but ask yourself how many players will Hurley have sent on from those two Championship teams to the NBA? I think the answer will ultimately be several more than 1.

Reaction Score
Apparently none of you watched the championship high school game Monteverde vs Paul VI.

Cooper is the real deal. Cam like intensity and team first player. Our recruit Abraham did a decent job defending him but I watched that game and thought to myself how great next year would be if we got Flagg.
Well true, I have not seen him play that much.

But it’s hard to argue that there is a chance he comes in a bit of a distraction with the ridiculous amount of attention and fanfare he’s going to get.

We‘ve beaten many teams over the years with players loaded with 4/5 stars.

Cooper made a choice. Hard to watch us win back to back championships and think he made the best decision. But ”it isis what it is? and look forward to seeing Diarra lock him down next year.

Reaction Score
One and done has won before with Duke and Kentucky. More often than not it won't get you to a final 4. Buy collect enough 5 stars and it can bring you the ring.

And even tho Jon can't coach at an elite level, the media will drool over him like he is the world's greatest coach.
One and done schools Kentucky and Duke haven’t won anything in going on 10 years. With the advent of the transfer portal and good college teams being older it will be more and more difficult for a team of one and dones to win the championship.

Reaction Score
One and done schools Kentucky and Duke haven’t won anything in going on 10 years. With the advent of the transfer portal and good college teams being older it will be more and more difficult for a team of one and dones to win the championship.
One and done never works. Calhoun, Wooden, Adolf Rupp, Joe B Hall, Coach K, Dean Smith, and now Hurley have proved that. A mix of “two and dones”, grads, and some super frosh, are much more likely to build a lasting dynasty. The Fab Five never won anything, not even a Big Ten championship.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Dook is highly regarded in preseason polls? No way, who could have possibly seen that coming?

If it wasn't for UK, Dook would be the biggest disappointment when comparing preseason expectations to post season reality

Reaction Score
Learn from who?
Nabonga is the recruit that should have signed with UConn. But maybe he wants to sit and learn for a year or two. This old school way.

Learn from who?
The players (Maluach and Stewart) who are listed that are ahead of him on the depth chart. Better opportunity for immediate playing time . . . UConn. But maybe he prefers to sit and learn like Singare did this year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/acc/duke/article287659365.htmlA third Duke men’s basketball player enters his name in the NCAA’s transfer portal

Jaylen Blakes transferring. Duke’s roster construction is a joke:
1 PG
6 wings
3 Centers

This isn’t fantasy bball
I like this post because not counting Diarra since he’s graduated and has to opt into a 5th year we currently have 1 PG (Nowell), 5 wings (Stewart, Ball, Ross, Apostolos, Abraham) and 3 posts (Karaban, Johnson, Yousseff).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom