OT. How good is Duke going to be next year? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT. How good is Duke going to be next year?

Reaction Score
I like this post because not counting Diarra since he’s graduated and has to opt into a 5th year we currently have 1 PG (Nowell), 5 wings (Stewart, Ball, Ross, Apostolos, Abraham) and 3 posts (Karaban, Johnson, Yousseff).
I’m including Diarra and I should have said Duke has 6 small forwards but fine defend scheyer if you must

Reaction Score
They'll bring in transfer portal players just like we will. Judge the rosters in July.
Duke has terrible with transfers due to the unusually stingy academic requirements specific to transfers to the college of arts and sciences

Reaction Score
I think Maluach will struggle in college, at least the first year, he looked very raw last night. I'm interested in how they use Flagg, I've heard they plan on playing him at the 3 and that would be the wrong move. He should be playing PF and honestly a good bit of small ball 5 with the way he's able to play big defensively.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Duke has terrible with transfers due to the unusually stingy academic requirements specific to transfers to the college of arts and sciences

Cryie Irving, Mr flat earth, went to Dook

So there's that

Reaction Score
Kyrie Irving didn’t Transfer there did he?
correct. the distinction is that the admissions office is the only people who have a say in freshman matriculation....but the actual college of arts and sciences also has a say in transfers, and are much less likely to bend the rules than, say, the ones at UNC.

Reaction Score
As much as I hate them, they have the potential to be very good. The one headwind they face is that next year is the last year of COVID seniors and Flagg and the other freshmen will still be 18-19 year olds sometimes battling 22-23 year olds, and not sure that Proctor alone can provide the leadership needed. The Kentucky team that won had a couple veterans (Lamb in particular) that did some of the heavy lifting. All Davis really did in the final was be big and grab rebounds.

I think they’ll be in the top 10 all year on talent, but the tourney could be a different animal. The Zion-Reddish class was even better than this one, and they needed a miracle to beat Tacko Fall in the second round (and lost to Michigan State in the regional final). They’ll have a punchers chance in the tourney, especially if they never run into an older team.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
NIT runner up after the coach is fired. Hopefully

Reaction Score
Pretty sure they are returning their whole backcourt besides heroball McCain. Maliq Brown is visiting this weekend (guy I've been trying to talk up here). If they get him, on paper they'll have the best roster in the country. Brown could actually cause some more defections since none of their other big forwards, current or incoming can outplay him. He could even push Flagg to the 3 for the biggest lineup in cbb. Nightmare fuel.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure they are returning their whole backcourt besides heroball McCain. Maliq Brown is visiting this weekend (guy I've been trying to talk up here). If they get him, on paper they'll have the best roster in the country. Brown could actually cause some more defections since none of their other big forwards, current or incoming can outplay him. He could even push Flagg to the 3 for the biggest lineup in cbb. Nightmare fuel.
I believe they lose Roach too. Theyll be slightly younger and slightly more talented next year. I wouldnt say they have the BEST roster. Theyre too young and their coach doesn't develop them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom