OT: Favorite Low Major? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Low Major?

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Robert Morris. Local to me. Highly entertaining type of game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Um, sociology?

Wait was that what you were asking?

Reaction Score
1. BCU. It's endearing to watch them dribble and pretend to play basketball with real basketball players every year.

2. Robert Morris. Put an embarrassing exclamation point on the Squid and Friends' 2013 season in the NIT.

Reaction Score
Chaminade! Tiny Hawaiian school that hosts a premier early season tournament.

Also: Le Moyne, UVM, Mercer, Lehigh, and the 2015-16 iterations of those schools. And I'm not sure if they'd count, but I'll always love Dayton's "THE University of Dayton" paper headline in 2014.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Where's the line between mid and low? I think of Valpo, Davidson, maybe even Yale/Quinny & of the others mentioned as mid-major.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Where's the line between mid and low? I think of Valpo, Davidson, maybe even Yale/Quinny & of the others mentioned as mid-major.

Now that Davidson's in the A10 I would definitely call them a mid-major. With Valpo being a longtime Horizon League power I would tend to put them there as well. However, the MAAC is probably where the "low-major" classification begins.

Reaction Score
Local teams I've always liked for some reason or another: UVM (always liked the state and I was a freshman at UConn for the TJ Sorrentine shot (I will always know where I was during that shot) for Lehigh (had friends' dads that went there and took us for football games, but Duke victory was the icing on the cake), Sacred Heart, Albany, Yale...

Now that I'm soon to be married (25 more days), I've taken to root for my future wife's family's favorite teams. She is from Montana and went to U of Montana, so I root for them.

Her parents went to North Dakota State so their recent football domination has been fun (went to a game in Fargo last October), and their basketball team has been to the tourney the last two years, so that's cool.

I also love WKU's mascot, so they rule. Gotta love the Banana Slugs of UC-Santa Cruz.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Not a low major but whenever I think of a non UConn team that I loved I always come back to the West Virginia team with Pittsnogle and Mike Gansey.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
That was Hartford product (and my friend) Jared Jordan's SR year and second time leading the nation in assists. He put up 17.2pts, 5.9reb and 8.7ast and was drafted by the Clippers, then traded to the Knicks but never found a spot on either roster. Spent time in Germany, Greece and now Spain.
One of my favorite non-UConn players of all time. I still wish we'd recruited him instead of Marcus.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I've always liked Northern Arizona for some reason.
Ben Howland came this close to winning a 15-2 game with them over a St. John's team that beat us three times in 2000. That was endearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom