OT- Bumgarner | The Boneyard

OT- Bumgarner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bochy better not mess around with putting a reliever in to close it out, pitch Bumgarner to the end. This guy is becoming the best postseason pitcher ever right before our eyes, it's just too bad more people aren't watching. I'm rooting for the Royals so kind of hope this post is somehow a jinx but I highly doubt it.

Reaction Score
Should have gone for the inside the park home run. Beats trying to get two hits in a row on Bumgarner.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Man on 3rd and Perez wasn't thinking single. He wanted the long ball.

Reaction Score
That was something else for sure. I remember when Cain and Lincecum were killing it, the SF GM said Bumgarner would be the best of em. Something else.

Reaction Score
Should have gone for the inside the park home run. Beats trying to get two hits in a row on Bumgarner.
He would have been dead at the plate though, had to hold him. Yost blew it big in the 5th when he had the hitter bunting on a 2-0 count with a runner on and no outs especially considering Aoki was coming up who is 0-16 against Bumgarner and 1-12 in the World Series, just a horrible decision.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Bochy better not mess around with putting a reliever in to close it out, pitch Bumgarner to the end. This guy is becoming the best postseason pitcher ever right before our eyes, it's just too bad more people aren't watching.

Not on Schilling's level yet. Could very well end up being it though.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Wow. Kid's a stud.

Panik play was nuts too. As was Panda. And Pence.

And Royals fans, who are still chanting.

Great game, great series.

Reaction Score
Not on Schilling's level yet. Could very well end up being it though.

Knew i'd hear that from one of you.......Oh he's there alright! That was an epic performance with 2 days rest. I know he didn't throw any ketchup on his sock and limp out there, but this was postseason was beyond impressive for this guy.

Seriously he was to pitch a few more to get to the Schill but he's one tough SOB.

Reaction Score
I go back to the 50's and I've never seen a better World Series performance by anyone: not Schilling, Tenace, Mariano, Ortiz, Kofax or anyone else. To use a JC term, Bumgarner was "special."

Reaction Score
By the time he got to third, the cutoff man already had the ball. Even if it was a poor throw, he would have been out by a mile. It was the right call to hold him, no question about it.

Reaction Score
By the time he got to third, the cutoff man already had the ball. Even if it was a poor throw, he would have been out by a mile. It was the right call to hold him, no question about it.

The key was the shorthop on the relay. If the SS doesn't come up with that clean and it kicks away, even a little, they'd likely have sent him. That short hop may have clinched the Series.

Reaction Score

Yeah I wasnt really serious, and had he got thrown out at home the crowd would have burned him and the 3rd base coach at the stake. If we want to complete the transition of this thread into Yankees vs Red Sox, howabout Sandoval vs Ortiz? They kind of look the same.

Reaction Score
He would have been dead at the plate though, had to hold him. Yost blew it big in the 5th when he had the hitter bunting on a 2-0 count with a runner on and no outs especially considering Aoki was coming up who is 0-16 against Bumgarner and 1-12 in the World Series, just a horrible decision.
Bunting with a position player has been pretty conclusively proven to be a terrible idea regardless of situation, yet the old school nature of the sport ignores this very simple statistical analysis.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
Bunting with a position player has been pretty conclusively proven to be a terrible idea regardless of situation, yet the old school nature of the sport ignores this very simple statistical analysis.

especially bunting a relatively hot hitter to get to someone who is an O-fer against Bumgarner and hitting poorly overall.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Knew i'd hear that from one of you..Oh he's there alright! That was an epic performance with 2 days rest. I know he didn't throw any ketchup on his sock and limp out there, but this was postseason was beyond impressive for this guy.

Seriously he was to pitch a few more to get to the Schill but he's one tough SOB.

Yankee fans would never vote for Schilling. He cut their heart out too many times. Schill did it for more than one team, so Sox fans don't 'own it' anyway. Say what you want about him being a blowhard, but the guy was as 'big game' as I've ever seen. His numbers bear that out.

Plus, whether you like to admit it, he's got one of the great 'Willis Reed' performances all time in baseball. Two days rest is great, but that is toughness.

Oh, and you sound like a 911 truther when you say ketchup (I know you're probably kidding as you've more than 2 brain cells to rub together)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
how about Sandoval vs Ortiz? They kind of look the same.
They both see the ball better than anyone else, that's for sure. Unbelievable.

There was nothing not to like about either team in this Series. As a National League guy with a soft spot for the Giants that extends back to the orange in the Mets' colors through now, I'm always more familiar with the Giants players and organization, and this one is loaded with guys who are interesting, smart and easy to like. Only got to know the Royals during the Series and they seemed like a good bunch too, if less colorful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom