OT: Blue/White "Kid" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Blue/White "Kid"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Davis could invest a few grand into these things called braces. His mouth would no longer look like a cemetery. I've literally seen the unimaginable done. My step sister had a tooth that sat right under her tongue. They were able to wire that sucker up and pull it into line with the rest of its friends.

The fact that formerlurker is apologizing for his joke about ADs teeth is disturbing. Making fun of a kids about their teeth, I get it because they or their parents might not have the funds to correct the issue. Making fun of a millionaire who apparently is too lazy or doesn't care about his physical appearance is justified. I'm sure he is spending his money wisely. Maybe when he's 80 his dentures can finally resemble a straight grill.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Boat, do you really think that my posting a picture of NBA superstar, multi-millionaire, Anthony Davis's jacked up teeth is equal to me mocking someone with a mental or physical disability?

If you do, my sincerest apologies, I'd never want to come across that way.

I know where your post was going and went so people need a chill pill……..this by no means points to your feelings, or anyone who may have giggled, in regards to handicapped people. This has little or nothing to do with any of that and people are ridiculous trying to relate the 2. We have fun here at the BY and have been doing so for years. Never has it been in relation to those with handicaps. No worries lurker……..

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
My first reaction when I hear/read super fan is to laugh and think to myself that's about the dumbest descriptor ever.

I think the dude that shelled out a ton of coin for the practice facility, or the football complex or the folks that give big chunks of change and want to remain quiet about it are pretty committed fans. Might want to give them some consideration

So being rich $ donating money > going to every important men's & women's game?

If Dale was a multimillionaire he'd probably donate every dime to UConn. I don't know the guy at all but the one thing I do know is that he's THE UConn superfan.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think Davis could invest a few grand into these things called braces. His mouth would no longer look like a cemetery. I've literally seen the unimaginable done. My step sister had a tooth that sat right under her tongue. They were able to wire that sucker up and pull it into line with the rest of its friends.

The fact that formerlurker is apologizing for his joke about ADs teeth is disturbing. Making fun of a kids about their teeth, I get it because they or their parents might not have the funds to correct the issue. Making fun of a millionaire who apparently is too lazy or doesn't care about his physical appearance is justified. I'm sure he is spending his money wisely. Maybe when he's 80 his dentures can finally resemble a strait grill.

Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but how do you know that the picture was taken when he was a "lazy millionaire" on the Pelicans and not while he was a poor college kid at UK? Don't get me wrong, making fun of this guy (who maintains a unibrow presumably to troll people) is nothing like making fun of a child or someone with a genetic deformity.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but how do you know that the picture was taken when he was a "lazy millionaire" on the Pelicans and not while he was a poor college kid at UK? Don't get me wrong, making fun of this guy (who maintains a unibrow presumably to troll people) is nothing like making fun of a child or someone with a genetic deformity.

It was taken his freshman and only year at Kentucky. He was definitely a lazy millionaire by then, trust me.

Reaction Score
nomar said:

Seeing as he donated over 63k in his first year toward some project, I don't think money was an issue in his early NBA career.

hqdefault.jpg

Reaction Score
Hey guys, thanks for the support. Just wanted to answer a couple of the questions. I do still paint up, but I mainly only do football games now. I've been to every football game home and away since we beat Notre Dame, and have been at every game including spring games played at the Rent.

As far as basketball, I have not been to a home game since the 2009-2010. I did one season in the "regular" seats and couldn't be myself without irritating fans around me. Since I was not interested in irritating our own fans all season, I gave up going to home games after that season. I decided that if I could not jump around and yell constantly throughout the games it was not worth the time, effort, and money to paint up and attend every home game men's and women's. So since then I have not been to a home game. The only games I've been to for basketball since then are final four games for both the men's and women's teams.

As far as donating money to the university, I have never donated a dime. However, I will start to do that next season, so that I can continue to get final four tickets in the future. If I ever won power ball or mega millions, the first thing I would do is donate 10-20 million to the athletic program, hoping that I could then return to the front of the student section for every basketball game. I know that idea will lead many to believe that I'm crazy, which I probably am, at least a little. My mentality though is do what you love until you know longer love it, or you are physically unable. I doesn't matter to me if people disagree with me painting up at the age of 28. That is my way off showing support and dedication to the program, and I plan to do it as long as I enjoy doing so.

Reaction Score
Loved seeing you at the hoop games kid. I don't know how you stay away from them. Maybe you'll reconsider. Anyhow love your enthusiasm and my peeps and I always appreciated your effort. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Did someone suggest otherwise?

You questioned the timing of the photograph. I attached a photo of him playing for New Orleans as a team Captain. Obviously later in his career at the program. Obviously also sporting the multiple rows of teeth.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
As far as donating money to the university, I have never donated a dime. However, I will start to do that next season, so that I can continue to get final four tickets in the future. If I ever won power ball or mega millions, the first thing I would do is donate 10-20 million to the athletic program, hoping that I could then return to the front of the student section for every basketball game. I know that idea will lead many to believe that I'm crazy, which I probably am, at least a little. My mentality though is do what you love until you know longer love it, or you are physically unable. I doesn't matter to me if people disagree with me painting up at the age of 28. That is my way off showing support and dedication to the program, and I plan to do it as long as I enjoy doing so.

Honestly, I love this.

And by the way, for a lot of major football programs, guys paint up in their forties. So you are still a kid.

Reaction Score
He sat next to me and my dad at the Final Four this year. Great Guy and is defiantly a superfan. He drove back and fourth this year to go to both the Mens and Women's Final Four games.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You questioned the timing of the photograph. I attached a photo of him playing for New Orleans as a team Captain. Obviously later in his career at the program. Obviously also sporting the multiple rows of teeth.

You posted a tiny photo and I had to struggle to figure out why. (I did.) Forgive me for being confused why you care so much about whether his teeth are fixed since the question was how you knew that the first picture was taken when he was a Pelican. Attaching another photo didn't answer that. Understand? I was just asking a question. I wasn't offended or anything.

Reaction Score
Hopefully you can adapt and start attending the hoops games again BWK. Your passion is admirable and we need as many fans as possible now more than ever at our games in this God forsaken conference. I would urge you to reconsider and do whatever is needed to get to the games.....and bring some others with you paint or no paint.

Reaction Score
nomar said:
You posted a tiny photo and I had to struggle to figure out why. (I did.) Forgive me for being confused why you care so much about whether his teeth are fixed since the question was how you knew that the first picture was taken when he was a Pelican. Attaching another photo didn't answer that. Understand? I was just asking a question. I wasn't offended or anything.

My point in posting the tiny photo is that he has spent multiple years in the NBA and has yet to fix his teeth. Therefore it doesn't matter what he made as a rookie as he was a number one pick and an instant millionaire. It doesn't matter when that photo was taken because he still hasn't done a damn thing about his face.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This is a lot more discussion of Anthony Davis's teeth than I would have anticipated upon first opening this thread. I guess when I introduced zombies, everything was on the table at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom