OT: Blue/White "Kid" | The Boneyard

OT: Blue/White "Kid"

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I just stumbled on this article and thought you'd enjoy seeing this again. We going by "Blue/White Middle-aged Guy" yet? :)

Right behind Big Red in UCONN superfan rankings as far as I'm concerned.

BkjdU2gCcAAKWx1.jpg

https://twitter.com/hartfordcourant/status/452855113011322880/photo/1

Reaction Score
Never realized his teeth needed a seating chart. Damn!
I don't know, man, just not cool with pointing out somebody's teeth. I look back on life and I'm blown away by how horrible people are to each other, and particularly with children mocking each other because of perceived physical defects. I remember a kid in 5th grade mocking a girl who walked oddly because she had cerebral palsy. Made me cry. No need to post a pic of the kid and make fun of his teeth. Just no need.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
And he never uses the media to pander for tickets like Big Red.....every year.

I'm not sure if that's sarcasm or a shot at Big Red. I like where this thread is going.............

Reaction Score
I don't know, man, just not cool with pointing out somebody's teeth. I look back on life and I'm blown away by how horrible people are to each other, and particularly with children mocking each other because of perceived physical defects. I remember a kid in 5th grade mocking a girl who walked oddly because she had cerebral palsy. Made me cry. No need to post a pic of the kid and make fun of his teeth. Just no need.

It's sort of like making fun of Lebron for his hairline. I think they'll both be okay.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

I'm as charitable as anyone on this board, Strummer, you can believe that. I'll even donate $50 to get the stick out of your a-ss.

Lighten &ck up.

Reaction Score
I remember seeing him at a USF away game, in his blue/white colors. There were 3 guys giving him shart for standing up (in a section mostly empty and he wasn't blocking any view). They were students with a glow on. So I go over and ask these guys if there was any problem. Mind you I'm like 45 at the time but I'm 6'1" and about 240.

I actually went over with a smile, just to let them know Dale was with me. Took 'em up to buy 'em a beer, we had a few laughs and all was well.

I believe that was the game we were driving late for the win and Tyler fumbled. Ugh...

Any bowl games or away games I've gone to, there was Dale. Easy choice.

Reaction Score
Does he still paint himself? Last time I saw him was a number of years ago in the upper deck of the XL Center behind the students all by himself jumping up and down. I don't think they would let him in the student section because he was no longer a student. Honestly I felt sad/embarrassed for him at that point. He certainly was a very dedicated fan though!

Reaction Score
Does he still paint himself? Last time I saw him was a number of years ago in the upper deck of the XL Center behind the students all by himself jumping up and down. I don't think they would let him in the student section because he was no longer a student. Honestly I felt sad/embarrassed for him at that point. He certainly was a very dedicated fan though!

I saw him in Arlington at the semi-final game against Florida...he was painted.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I remember seeing him at a USF away game, in his blue/white colors. There were 3 guys giving him shart for standing up (in a section mostly empty and he wasn't blocking any view). They were students with a glow on. So I go over and ask these guys if there was any problem. Mind you I'm like 45 at the time but I'm 6'1" and about 240.

I actually went over with a smile, just to let them know Dale was with me. Took 'em up to buy 'em a beer, we had a few laughs and all was well.

I believe that was the game we were driving late for the win and Tyler fumbled. Ugh...

Any bowl games or away games I've gone to, there was Dale. Easy choice.

I have almost the same story but it was the UVA away game in 2007. Dale never taunted anyone but pissed off a few Docker, button down locals anyway just with his passion. My buddy and I saw him getting heckled, moved up a few rows behind BWK and let Trevor and his boys know we had still won the war and that Dale was with us.

I remember that game fondly because we had a roadtrip of about 8 guys planned. 6am on gameday I show up at the commuter parking lot and it's just me and another friend who had rented a sweet Cadillac Eldorado. We wait about 30 minutes and realize it's just the two of us. We both give each other an opportunity to back out but neither of us hesitates and we hit the road.

"Hey There Delilah" was on a loop at every f--cking tailgate but we also bumped into a great group of fellow UCONN fans. They just happened to be the Lutrus, Brown and Cullen families and we remained close to them at home and away games for several years. Probably one of my favorite away games because it was right at the start of us doing good things as program. I swear there was more Blue that day but this is a pic of the "UCONN section". May not look like much but we were pretty damn loud that day! (Chick on the right had great cans which is why the focus is on her).

upload_2014-4-19_0-2-0.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
My first reaction when I hear/read super fan is to laugh and think to myself that's about the dumbest descriptor ever.

I think the dude that shelled out a ton of coin for the practice facility, or the football complex or the folks that give big chunks of change and want to remain quiet about it are pretty committed fans. Might want to give them some consideration

Reaction Score
I teach special ed and yeah. S hhh ii t makes me upset too.

Reaction Score

Yeah well buckle up, wait until a thread about Cooley starts at some point. It's a free for all unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Yeah well buckle up, wait until a thread about Cooley starts at some point. It's a free for all unfortunately.
He has a disease that hinders hair growth on the back of his head but he coaches a rival team so let's give him crap about it!

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score

Boat, do you really think that my posting a picture of NBA superstar, multi-millionaire, Anthony Davis's jacked up teeth is equal to me mocking someone with a mental or physical disability?

If you do, my sincerest apologies, I'd never want to come across that way.

Reaction Score
Boat, do you really think that my posting a picture of NBA superstar, multi-millionaire, Anthony Davis's jacked up teeth is equal to me mocking someone with a mental or physical disability?

It's not. Some people just need to lighten up.

Reaction Score

I mean the two aren't directly related but aren't mutually exclusive.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I mean the two aren't directly related but aren't mutually exclusive.

I respect your stance on this. I think it's over-reaching and over-sensitive but I respect it. I started this thread in good faith and am sorry it took the turn it did. I'm done here, see you in another thread my friend. Much love.

Reaction Score
I respect your stance on this. I think it's over-reaching and over-sensitive but I respect it. I started this thread in good faith and am sorry it took the turn it did. I'm done here, see you in another thread my friend. Much love.
images

We can all agree B/W Kid (Dale) is the man.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
If 5% of our fanbase had BWK's enthusiasm we'd be the best college fans in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom