Anyone Else Getting Redirected? | The Boneyard

Anyone Else Getting Redirected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
It seems that some malware script may have infested some of the ads. The result is your reading this board being redirected to other and undesired pages. Bummer.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
It seems that some malware script may have infested some of the ads. The result is your reading this board being redirected to other and undesired pages. Bummer.
it was happening to me earlier. I cleared my cache and rebooted and haven;t had it happen since (last 4 hours).

Reaction Score
Oh good - glad to know it is not just me. Just happened to me on the John A stats thread.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
It may be attacking the board's server and not individual devices. Or not. Not much info out there yet.

Reaction Score
It happened to me a couple of evenings ago, but was ok in the emorning. That stuff really infuriates me.

Reaction Score
Yes, cleared my history and restarted but to no avail. Many others seem to be having issues as well but I haven't read of any solution.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I started a thread on the Technology Q&A forum. Tom looks at those regularly.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
had the same thing happen to me this morning as well. I pm'ed Tom about another issue I noticed, didn't think to mention this.

Reaction Score
Happening to me also. Seems to be infecting a lot of boards cause I searched: http://lemode-.com/ , where I was being sent and saw a lot of posts complaining about it happening on other sites.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
The North Koreans have too much time on their hands.... or they think WE have too much time on our hands...

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
Its happening to me too..but I like those Russian women looking for husbands. At first I thought that some of those D1 uniforms were getting quite provocative.

Reaction Score
The North Koreans have too much time on their hands.... or they think WE have too much time on our hands...
I had enough time on my hands to rent "The Interview" on Christmas day. Hilarious (in an absolutely-no-socially-redeeming-values-whatsoever, "The Hangover" type way, if you like that sorta thing), but I do see how Kim found it a bit insulting.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Switched to Skyfire (browser) for Ipad. This neutralized the malware for the moment.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
If you have the problem, change your style to "Adsense"

That should solve the problem. If it doesn't, let me know.

EDIT: I changed the default style to a single ad vendor (Adsense). This should work, for now. This seems to happen from time to time.

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Is anyone still getting the redirects? If so, please post the url.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Looks like the answer is yes based on this post on the Women's board.

I wasn't getting redirected. I was just objecting to the skankiness of some of the "we got beautiful eager young foreign girls for you old guys" ads.

temery

What?
Reaction Score

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Can I change my settings to get the "foreign girls for older guys" ads JRRRJ is getting? :cool:

You'll need to visit the sites he visits. Most ads are based on browsing history.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Ads pay the bills. If you click on the little arrow at the top right of an ad, you can customize what you see. If you still object, I'll set it up so you see no ads.

Edit: click here to customize what you see:

https://support.google.com/adsense/...OKvCLBN52r-kOvZaB1smIBgGgBi7YBgSAB_3IliQ&rd=1

Thanks for the link, Tom. It provided amusement (on my wife's computer, it says she's interested in East Asian Music, Hip Hop Culture and Shooter Game) and information.

I went through the T&C for advertisers. The only way I could find to stop seeing all the dating ads is to turn off interest-based ads completely, because they don't allow targeting minors and can't show them if they don't consider my age. I'd rather turn off the age dimension separately, but you can't do that.

Again, thanks.

Incidentally, a shortcut to the settings is www.google.com/settings/ads

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
You'll need to visit the sites he visits. Most ads are based on browsing history.

In this case, this is a computer I use seldom and I NEVER surf the web while signed onto my Google account. There were only 9 interests noted (my wife's computer has 24) and none of them related to women.

So my conjecture is that male/55-to-64 was what instigated the ads.

Reaction Score
In this case, this is a computer I use seldom and I NEVER surf the web while signed onto my Google account. There were only 9 interests noted (my wife's computer has 24) and none of them related to women.

So my conjecture is that male/55-to-64 was what instigated the ads.
Prolly right - I actually do get the same ones, and this computer is totally 'clean' regarding where I've been.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Thanks for the link, Tom. It provided amusement (on my wife's computer, it says she's interested in East Asian Music, Hip Hop Culture and Shooter Game) and information.

I went through the T&C for advertisers. The only way I could find to stop seeing all the dating ads is to turn off interest-based ads completely, because they don't allow targeting minors and can't show them if they don't consider my age. I'd rather turn off the age dimension separately, but you can't do that.

Again, thanks.

Incidentally, a shortcut to the settings is www.google.com/settings/ads

I just blocked dating ads on my end. Most should be blocked for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom