Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://instorrsnow.wordpress.com/2014/08/28/boatright-hamilton-settling-in/

Full schedule should be out today, too.

New poster in Gampel:

img_2619.jpg

Reaction Score
A little weird to have Ray there and leave Donyell off. If you're talking about the "tradition of excellence," I might include a picture from 2009, probably Adrien or Price. I know Kemba was on that team, but it's hard to count him since he's very clearly wearing a "2011" t-shirt.

Reaction Score
A little weird to have Ray there and leave Donyell off. If you're talking about the "tradition of excellence," I might include a picture from 2009, probably Adrien or Price. I know Kemba was on that team, but it's hard to count him since he's very clearly wearing a "2011" t-shirt.

I'm sure 'Yell is well represented in the Champions Center.

Reaction Score

I find it weird to have Ray on there at all. There are 4 huge championship trophies, and the 4 guys who were the leaders of each of those teams (plus the 2 coaches). Ray just seems like a 5th wheel.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I find it weird to have Ray on there at all. There are 4 huge championship trophies, and the 4 guys who were the leaders of each of those teams (plus the 2 coaches). Ray just seems like a 5th wheel.

Besides the trophies, Ray is THE face of the UCONN brand. He's by far the greatest ambassador, the elder statesman of the program.

Reaction Score
Besides the trophies, Ray is THE face of the UCONN brand. He's by far the greatest ambassador, the elder statesman of the program.
This. You just can't omit him from a poster lauding the accomplishments of the program over the years even if he didn't win a championship here. We've had a lot of great players here. Plenty have even gone on to have success in the NBA, but not one can even come close to the career that Ray has had post-UConn.

Reaction Score
Johnnie Selvie's missing from this picture which makes it invalid.
Well he can only blame himself as its his fault only.

Be nice to have Smitty in that pic though.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Given the number of people that are in the poster, they did it exactly right IMHO. If that's all the people you can have, those are the right people. Nice job! Anyone know of a better picture of it?

Reaction Score
Other people covered it, but you can't leave an active NBA player that is a sure fire HOFer off the wall. That would be be stupid.

Reaction Score
The only other players wish were included were Donyell and Caron. Those in the poster plus The aforementioned separated themselves as our all stars in terms of high character men and accomplishments

AstarIsBorn31

Underrated Poster
Reaction Score
Guys we can go through a list all day of Uconn guys that should be on the poster...We've had soooo many greats... Ray Allen was and continues to be a huge reason why kids want to go to UCONN...

But seriously where is my dude Souleymane Wane at...

Reaction Score
Given the number of people that are in the poster, they did it exactly right IMHO. If that's all the people you can have, those are the right people. Nice job! Anyone know of a better picture of it?
I totally agree. Given the amount of space available on the poster, I think this was perfectly done. With his college career, Hen Got Game and HOF caliber NBA career and visibility, Ray Allen is easily the alumni face of our university. He never got a ring while here, but he belongs in the top 5 and is certainly worthy of a spot on that poster.

Reaction Score
FlaHusky said:
I totally agree. Given the amount of space available on the poster, I think this was perfectly done. With his college career, Hen Got Game and HOF caliber NBA career and visibility, Ray Allen is easily the alumni face of our university. He never got a ring while here, but he belongs in the top 5 and is certainly worthy of a spot on that poster.

I have groggy morning eyes and read your handle as "Fishy" instead of "FlaHusky" - I was wondering if he had taken happy pills or something to have a sarcasm-free post that was full of approval.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I don't think it is a coincidence that when JC mentions the great players at UCONN, he usually starts with Ray.

Reaction Score
I have groggy morning eyes and read your handle as "Fishy" instead of "FlaHusky" - I was wondering if he had taken happy pills or something to have a sarcasm-free post that was full of approval.
Gurleyman, if it makes you feel better I could tell you I'm surprised you had the requisite brain matter to turn on your computer or tablet and even coherently read my post in the first place.

Reaction Score
This. You just can't omit him from a poster lauding the accomplishments of the program over the years even if he didn't win a championship here. We've had a lot of great players here. Plenty have even gone on to have success in the NBA, but not one can even come close to the career that Ray has had post-UConn.

They just need to have a second poster with the same 4 trophies and include Ben, Khalid, Caron, Donyell and others.

Reaction Score
They just need to have a second poster with the same 4 trophies and include Ben, Khalid, Caron, Donyell and others.

Also Geno should be peeking out of the 2nd one in a photobomb

Reaction Score

There is no way you can make everyone happy, not even with a 4 ncaa poster in the champions center. It really sucks to be us. I'll bet the Cuse poster is much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom