Oriakhi: Yay or Nay? | The Boneyard

Oriakhi: Yay or Nay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wondering what the consensus thought is on Alex getting drafted tonight. In the absence of any of our guys being drafted tonight, this will be one of the only storylines that make the 2nd round worth watching tonight. My guess is he doesn't get drafted but gets a chance at camps this Summer. If you feel he'll get drafted, where do you see him going? I wish him the best.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Hope he gets drafted and makes the most of the situation.

Reaction Score
If I have a pick late in the 2nd round I'm definitely passing on AO. Too soft and mentally weak for the NBA, but he will make some decent money in Europe

Reaction Score
At this point, it would just be petty to root against him. I perhaps was a little petty rooting against Missouri, but there was some selfish benefit (if he tore it up at Missouri and went on a deep run, schools could use that against us recruiting future big men) - if AO thrived somewhere else. Now it is just Oriakhi and his personal dream/livelihood at stake. I also don't think it would be outrageous to claim him as a UConn product in the pros if he made it - he did spend three years here, and it wasn't like he blossomed at Missouri where they could take all the credit.

Reaction Score
If I have a pick late in the 2nd round I'm definitely passing on AO. Too soft and mentally weak for the NBA, but he will make some decent money in Europe

Can you imagine his disbelief look when he misses another perfect pass from a teammate or him pounding the ball into the floor trying to get post position would fly in the NBA??? LOL No need to answer...

Reaction Score
Can you imagine his disbelief look when he misses another perfect pass from a teammate or him pounding the ball into the floor trying to get post position would fly in the NBA??? LOL No need to answer...

Trust me I have that disbelief/whining to the ref look memorized after his 3 years at UConn. Won't work in the NBA, but being built like Dwight Howard will make him money for a couple years overseas. No way in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Trust me I have that disbelief/whining to the ref look memorized after his 3 years at UConn. Won't work in the NBA, but being built like Dwight Howard will make him money for a couple years overseas. No way in the NBA.
Ha, yeah that putting both hands up in the air plaintive gesture when he misses a bunny and looks for a bailout call. He'd fit right in the NBA though with that, since almost every star player seems to do the same.

Reaction Score
Ha, yeah that putting both hands up in the air plaintive gesture when he misses a bunny and looks for a bailout call. He'd fit right in the NBA though with that, since almost every star player seems to do the same.

LOL - But those players occasionally put the ball in the basket. ;)

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
He will get drafted. The Celts will swap next years Second Round for him

Reaction Score
Nothing against Alex but if he wants to play professionally, he should make sure his passport is up to date.

Uconnrick

Twisted, but still lovable.
Reaction Score
I hear the Philippines are lovely this time of year. I won't expect a postcard from him.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Think his dad is going to complain that his pick happened during a commercial?

Reaction Score
Hope he sticks. Have no idea if the Suns have room, but Price and Adrien have made it recently - and of course Ollie

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Without AO we don't win in 2011. But he's a Missouri Tiger alum now, so I don't care about him.

Reaction Score
You acceptance is pitiful.

Yikes. Talk about no perspective. I think most people would say it's pitiful to hold a grudge against a 21 year old you've never met whose only sin is transferring from a basketball team you root for. But if you say it's pitiful to be a rational human being and move on, different strokes i guess.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I know you can't imagine this but I hope he falls flat on his fn face!! And then his dad's too......................
I have to say I agree to an extent. Glad he got his 4 year degree so he can "take care of his family" with a nice job somewhere (after his NBA career falls flat)... I don't get why people have to disagree per se, or say your "act" is old. We all have our opinions. On the women's side, I hate Tennessee more than any other team on the planet including Duke men, the Yankees, Lakers, Heat, and Raiders all put together. BFD. No one is going to change my mind. Should I just let it go? Ain't gonna happen.

I don't hate Alex, and I do hope he gets a nice desk job somewhere. But I certainly am not rooting for him to succeed in the NBA. Is it logical? No. Do I spend any energy really wishing him ill? Of course not. But my opinion is that if/when I hear he's been cut and has to go to China to make a go of it, I will smile and say "good".

Does that mean I "haven't moved on"? Not really. Like i said, I spend about zero time thinking about him, unless I see a post on the BY about it. Then it makes me remember my opinion of the guy. Is that holding a grudge? Maybe I guess, if you want to call it that. Honestly I'm glad some on the board have moved on, or wish him well, or whatever. Everyone is different. I don't judge them and say they are "anti UCONN" or "disloyal", or anything else. We just have differing opinions. No biggie, right?

Reaction Score
I have to say I agree to an extent. Glad he got his 4 year degree so he can "take care of his family" with a nice job somewhere (after his NBA career falls flat)... I don't get why people have to disagree per se, or say your "act" is old. We all have our opinions. On the women's side, I hate Tennessee more than any other team on the planet including Duke men, the Yankees, Lakers, Heat, and Raiders all put together. BFD. No one is going to change my mind. Should I just let it go? Ain't gonna happen.

I don't hate Alex, and I do hope he gets a nice desk job somewhere. But I certainly am not rooting for him to succeed in the NBA. Is it logical? No. Do I spend any energy really wishing him ill? Of course not. But my opinion is that if/when I hear he's been cut and has to go to China to make a go of it, I will smile and say "good".

Does that mean I "haven't moved on"? Not really. Like i said, I spend about zero time thinking about him, unless I see a post on the BY about it. Then it makes me remember my opinion of the guy. Is that holding a grudge? Maybe I guess, if you want to call it that. Honestly I'm glad some on the board have moved on, or wish him well, or whatever. Everyone is different. I don't judge them and say they are "anti UCONN" or "disloyal", or anything else. We just have differing opinions. No biggie, right?

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but the grudge some people hold against a kid guilty of nothing but immaturity is strange to me and indicative of someone who might take their fandom a little too seriously.

Reaction Score
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but the grudge some people hold against a kid guilty of nothing but immaturity is strange to me and indicative of someone who might take their fandom a little too seriously.

I take being a fan of the Huskies pretty seriously yeah, over 40 years.........and what I saw a kid do to a team a year after a NC was downright despicable........it's amazing to me that anyone would care about him being drafted or what he actually does or did once he finally left Storrs. And while some of you are so quick to jump on me for letting you know how I feel, there are many more who agree. But as you say everyone is entitled to their opinion and if you care what he does and where he goes that's fine, I'm okay with that. I just can't see why?? To me he threw his value of the NC out the window with his effortless, vindictive acts the following year.

Hopefully no one cares to create any more threads on him as we have so much more positive happening in Storrs since he left!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom