Oriakhi last night | The Boneyard

Oriakhi last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
4 points in 15 minutes last night....I hope he likes the playing time. I do not have a problem with alex, but his attitude towards calhoun has really irritated me. Give Calhoun a break, he had two surgeries last year was unhealthy and he wants to rip into Calhoun for last year. Last year was definitely one of Calhouns worst considering the talent he had. but when you have the boatright situation, his really poor health, and the suspensions for calhoun last year there was no consistency. It was just one of those years, in which nothing went right. So because of that Alex and his dad want to talk smack about him. I think that is a little childish. Probably Calhoun should have packed it in after the championship run, but you know that is a hard thing to do. Point is, Alex's dad has taught him to be a whiner and a disrespectful person. I have been watching his minutes and really he is not getting much more if at all than last year.

Reaction Score
4 points in 15 minutes last night....I hope he likes the playing time. I do not have a problem with alex, but his attitude towards calhoun has really irritated me. Give Calhoun a break, he had two surgeries last year was unhealthy and he wants to rip into Calhoun for last year. Last year was definitely one of Calhouns worst considering the talent he had. but when you have the boatright situation, his really poor health, and the suspensions for calhoun last year there was no consistency. It was just one of those years, in which nothing went right. So because of that Alex and his dad want to talk smack about him. I think that is a little childish. Probably Calhoun should have packed it in after the championship run, but you know that is a hard thing to do. Point is, Alex's dad has taught him to be a whiner and a disrespectful person. I have been watching his minutes and really he is not getting much more if at all than last year.

Why did Oriakhi play so little? It was actually a very close game?

Reaction Score
note to any mods: can we just make a separate AO board for all of these threads, where everyone can track his every move and bitch about it.

seriously, it's like listening to a high school girl that just got dumped by her boyfriend. HE BROKE UP WITH YOU, MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE.

Reaction Score
Oriakhi or else: Missouri center Alex Oriakhi had a run of four straight games with at least 12 points but has only combined for 11 over the past two games. During a weekly gathering with reporters on Monday, Haith talked about the need to re-establish him as an offensive threat.

"If you look at this team, this team is a paint production team," Haith said. "Every game, we’re getting 35-40 points in the paint, and that’s how we’ve got to play, and it all starts with him establishing post position and being a threat in the paint."
Haith wants the Connecticut transfer to expect to receive the ball, something he wasn't accustomed to during his three seasons in Storrs when most of his scoring chances came off of offensive rebounds.
"I told him one day, I said, 'I’m going to start a game and I’m going to run like 10 straight plays for you, and I don’t care if you miss every shot. I’m going to make everybody throw you the ball every time down,'" Haith said. "Because I want him to understand, you’ve got to be that assertive on the offensive end, but that’s only going to make us better."

Why wasn't Calhoun smart enough to try this? You'd think Blaney, Hobbs or Miller would have mentioned such a strategy as well.

Reaction Score
Why wasn't Calhoun smart enough to try this? You'd think Blaney, Hobbs or Miller would have mentioned such a strategy as well.

And the myth of Alex not getting chances on offense grows more legs.

Reaction Score
note to any mods: can we just make a separate AO board for all of these threads, where everyone can track his every move and bitch about it.

seriously, it's like listening to a high school girl that just got dumped by her boyfriend. HE BROKE UP WITH YOU, MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE.
Not sure what this post is suppose to mean...This is a husky forum where we talk about things related to uconn athletics. I apologize for talking about these things...I should just leave all of the intelligent discussion to you...I definitely think slamming on other people in the forum brings the conversation to such a broader content.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.

Yeah - my mistake. My response was directed at the article and not at upstater. I hit 'reply' to his post instead of replying to the thread. Rookie mistake.

Reaction Score
Forget all his issues with his game and Calhoun. The main reason he didnt get PT with us is because Drummond overshadowed him. Drummond makes Oriakhi look like a lil girl. I feel pretty confident saying Drummond will become a star center in the NBA in 5 years and Oriakhi needs to realize that he is just not at that level and when u play with someone who is a pro at your position, your not gonna get as much PT and u need to learn how to adjust your game and compliment your teammate. Olander got more PT cuz he was unselfish and knew how to share the ball with Drummond, plus he has a nice shooting stroke, unlike Oriakhi. I'm getting sick of all this orakhi talk. Who cares about him, lets move on.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

Good luck with that Haith.:confused: Alex Buttafingaz will see your plan end up in the trash bin real quick.

Reaction Score

Note to self: If the post title has AO or Oriaki in it, do not open, repeat do not open. Seriously, a little Napoleon complex?

Reaction Score
Not sure what this post is suppose to mean...This is a husky forum where we talk about things related to uconn athletics. I apologize for talking about these things...I should just leave all of the intelligent discussion to you...I definitely think slamming on other people in the forum brings the conversation to such a broader content.
nah you're fine, i was just trying to get a few likes and i figured that would be a surefire way (look 3 already). at the end of the day it's all about the lp ratio. i've found that sarcastic responses garner about a 2.4 lp ratio, whereas well thought out, intelligent replies average a measly 0.01.

you know what they say...don't hate the player, hate the game.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
nah you're fine, i was just trying to get a few likes and i figured that would be a surefire way (look 3 already). at the end of the day it's all about the lp ratio. i've found that sarcastic responses garner about a 2.4 lp ratio, whereas well thought out, intelligent replies average a measly 0.01.

you know what they say...don't hate the player, hate the game.
Sad thing is that even though a great part of your post is tongue in cheek, it is so true! Didn't give you a like in the other post but you got one from me in this one!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It seems to me that it would be a lot of fun to go over there, create an AO, Sr. persona and just get that ball rolling.....
Yes, yes it would.

Reaction Score
It seems to me that it would be a lot of fun to go over there, create an AO, Sr. persona and just get that ball rolling.....
It looks like Alex's dad is on the Missouri board now. MizzoutoUConn handle name. Man Alex's dad just can't stay away from social media! Real destructive guy indeed! haha

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Not sure what to say just know fleudy expects me to reply to every AO thread!:D
LOL! On a quick read I thought the op was you and then I realized it was a guy from Maine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom