One heck of a press conference. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

One heck of a press conference.

Reaction Score
I would remind you however that NIL will infect D3 if it has not yet already. D3 simply means no scholarships.

Regarding Trinity, they are interesting. You can't even recruit in NESCAC. So how is it they have built a dynasty?
Competed D3 in the 70's. Spoke with current coach who felt he was going to lose an All American athlete due to financial aid cut, and Dad going on disability Asked him about putting together an NIL for 3-5k, he said it was legal, but administration not on board.

Reaction Score
Competed D3 in the 70's. Spoke with current coach who felt he was going to lose an All American athlete due to financial aid cut, and Dad going on disability Asked him about putting together an NIL for 3-5k, he said it was legal, but administration not on board.
That brings up an interesting question. Does NIL HAVE to be administered thru the institution or are the SA's free to cut their own deals? It would seem to me that the institutions now have a responsibility to the SA.

Reaction Score
That brings up an interesting question. Does NIL HAVE to be administered thru the institution or are the SA's free to cut their own deals? It would seem to me that the institutions now have a responsibility to the SA.
Student athletes are the only ones who can cut their own deals. They can do whatever they want. I saw a video where the Oklahoma punter just walked into a car dealership and asked them to give him a car to lease for free until he left the team. NIL is not administered through the institution.

Reaction Score
Student athletes are the only ones who can cut their own deals. They can do whatever they want. I saw a video where the Oklahoma punter just walked into a car dealership and asked them to give him a car to lease for free until he left the team. NIL is not administered through the institution.
Some of it is as a simple pass-through and administration. . But that is my point, not all of it is. And a bunch of people can simply get together and decide to provide support for an individual athlete.

Reaction Score
Some of it is as a simple pass-through and administration. . But that is my point, not all of it is. And a bunch of people can simply get together and decide to provide support for an individual athlete.
Boneyard NIL?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom