Omar Calhoun is not the problem | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Omar Calhoun is not the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No he is not THE problem but he's a bigger one than our big men. His minutes has been negative mostly every game and averaging about 20 does hurt a lot. While also being disappointed in Phil and Tyler the expectations of impact are much less so I'm not sure it's a letdown or not........Omar has had trouble doing everything which is unexpected - can't shoot, pass, dribble and his D is eh..............I don't know about you but a kid who looked as good as he did last year, I was thinking 13-14 a game and shooting 40-45%.......they have gone to him for big shots and even set him up last night - nothing to speak of at all yet. Again, not at all on him only not close, especially last night, but if he doesn't improve soon I wouldn't take any minutes from Giffey and Kromah.......

At least we have replacements for OC. We got nothin inside. Omar might be the biggest 'disappointment', or what have you, so far. But the biggest problem is the gaping hole that is our front court.

Reaction Score
At least we have replacements for OC. We got nothin inside. Omar might be the biggest 'disappointment', or what have you, so far. But the biggest problem is the gaping hole that is our front court.

it's a problem but we knew that going in when Wolf left just hoped Phil made the jump.......but he didn't. It is a gaping hole.......donut! Made Powell and the other guy look like Dennis Rodman and Charles Oakley!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Omar isn't a problem. He's just a bad fit right now. Bazz and boat handle the ball, drive, and shoot. DD slashes, Giffey hits the open three, and the 5 monster collects some garbage. What's his role? Where are his touches?

Right now he is a perimeter jump shooter who doesn't shoot that high a %. The lane is clogged and he doesn't have the handle like the other guards.

If he could run and hit on the old circle play, that might get him a few more shots, but I'm kind of at a loss as how to use him in the current offense. If he could rebound and play defense maybe we're not having this discussion. I'd like to see him and DD focus there until next year when Bazz is gone because like it or not he's going to be the alpha dog this season.

in other words omar is like rashad - the difference is rashad got open and hit a high percentage of shots.
omar is doing neither-granted he may be still in recovery and workout stages but ko cant let him do it in these games

Reaction Score
Good enough to be unbeaten until last night... What do you expect of them? My biggest disappointments have been DD and Boat. Each occasionally shows something positive, but gives something back way too quickly. I want Giffey and Kromah and even Tolksdorf and Facey to play more. At least they play team ball. Last night was the epitome of selfish basketball.

It had nothing to do with selfishness. They shot 16% and were 0-12 from 3 in the second half. Until then their shooting (and we have Bazz) was good enough to be unbeaten.

We've played a lot of hard fought close games and thankfully came out on top, but one was bound to catch up to them. This team is guard heavy and lives off jump shots. We knew that. Not a whole lot you can do but accept it and keep rooting them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom