ok....no wising and hoping .. real predictions please | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ok....no wising and hoping .. real predictions please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
The jack-o-lantern will be fired by 10/31.

This thread is depressing me. I do not think we will downsize and I do not think we go 0-12 or 8-4. 4-8 seems logical. Happy Labor Day wknd BY and HuskyNation.

TUIMM. (Throwing up in my mouth)

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
He's not going anywhere. Susan and Tim Horton haven't shown the slightest bit of intestinal fortitude since they arrived on campus. No chance their balls drop before the end of the UCONN Football season.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm speculating here but I believe that there will be a few meetings this weekend between Warde and Susan (with perhaps an independent third party expert called in) where the determination is made as to what (0-6?, 1-9 with little life?) level of ineptitude would warrant an in-season dismissal. My gut tells me that wherever they set the bar P will find a way to limbo his way under it.

We'll have a new (interim, member of the current staff) HC for the final two home games. The unofficial search for our next football head coach has already begun. The official search starts 12/08/13.

Reaction Score
Unless they catch him engaged in immoral acts with Emily Noonan and a dwarf in the locker room, he's here for the season. If the downslide continues, I can see them announcing that Memphis will be his last game at the end of the year.

Reaction Score
I'm speculating here but I believe that there will be a few meetings this weekend between Warde and Susan (with perhaps an independent third party expert called in) where the determination is made as to what (0-6?, 1-9 with little life?) level of ineptitude would warrant an in-season dismissal .

Agree but I would also believe the initial conversation has already occurred today. Their staffs are probably still collating phone messages and emails.

Reaction Score
Yes, Coach Pass the Bologna (just ask ‘I’m Too Short to see over a non-existent O-Line while being driven into the turf’ Whitmer) because 1) changing a coach early in the season does not solve much and 2) because no one under PP is ready to coach yet). That said, he is fired or retired before the end of the year. On the other hand, UConn needs to fire its O-Line ‘guru’ GDL today.

Reaction Score
This year s*cks already. We get pumped up all year long to see it lost in the first week. He's gotta go. I don't care how great of a guy he is. This year will be completely lost if they don't dump him after we lose to Maryland.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He is here for the season unless he is 0-5 heading into two road games and Louisville at home after the two. Then I feel they would have to let him go and go with a interim coach till the off season.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I say name Larry McHugh HC and Jim Calhoun AD - lets get on with it

Reaction Score
He will not be fired because WM will not be under any pressure from Herbst to fire him. Herbst is probably already talking in private to WM about a move to the FCS as the school's best alternative to being left out of CR. They may be feeding each other's delusions about how UConn could become a perennial national power in the FCS. WM would get to keep his job of course. These dreadful seasons under PP will support their case and help prep the fan base for the move. So there will be no need to fire PP as far as Herbst and WM are concerned. On the contrary, why take the chance that another coach might turn things around and again raise hopes of getting into a better conference? That would put pressure back on Herbst and WM to actually make it happen which they can't, as we know from recent experience. Yes, I love conspiracy theories.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
He should not make it. But he will.

At this point, I'm predicting 1-11 at best. How can I not? How can you logically argue any better?

Reaction Score
If they don't fire him this week he is probably coaching the whole season.

Warde should call P into his office today and tell him that the offensive line play was terrible and GDL needs to go with Foley returning to line coach, when P says no way you fire him and promote Weist, give Weist the opportunity to name a defensive coordinator and move forward with the season with Weist as interim coach. If Hank Hughes doesn't like being passed over he's free to leave. (his D was abysmal yesterday)

Hopefully we catch lightening in a bottle with Weist and he gets the job at the end of the season.
Most of Foley's success came with players recruited by Norries Wilson. The problem last night was that the linemen were getting out physicaled. I wish it were schemes. Coaching can fix schemes. It can't fix getting beat up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom