ok....no wising and hoping .. real predictions please | The Boneyard

ok....no wising and hoping .. real predictions please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I know its quite unusual to fire a coach during the season...

Does HCPP make it through the season?

Just Yes or No..no maybe or ifs...

Put it on the line

Reaction Score
Has UConn ever fired a coach mid-season? I think there's basically zero chance he'll be fired before Thanksgiving, but if he's here next year people a lot higher than him need to be fired.

Reaction Score
I know its quite unusual to fire a coach during the season...

Does HCPP make it through the season?

Just Yes or No..no maybe or ifs...

Put it on the line

I'm betting he coaches for the season and is let go after the last game. If this turns into a decent season, I bet that he'll "retire". If it continues to be a sh-it show, they'll actually fire him. I'd bet that they'll be working the phones hard in Oct and Nov to have his replacment already lined up.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
No. I put the real over/under after Buffalo, before the bye week and conference games.

If you think WM is the cautious type, then after going 0-3 in conference before the second bye week, but man will that get ugly.

If he's still here at the end of the season, it means Warde is out too.

Really, it should be done now. Deal with the Edsall circus.

Reaction Score
Firing a coach mid-season isn't rare, but it isn't particularly common either. The answer is YES, though. The team came out, looked terrible early, didn't make half-time adjustments, continuing the coaching failures of last year. If those problems were not addressed in the off-season, how exactly is anyone going to believe they will be addressed as the season progresses. The most distressing problem are these: 1) the defense looks worse this year, and not simply because of the talent loss; and 2) the offensive line is atrocious. I'm not sure if that is a lack of talent or coaching, but it seems to be both. FCS D-linemen blew by FBS o-linemen all game. There is no excuse for that. And the kicker is that after every play they seemed to look at each other like they didn't have any idea what was going on. I pray for Whitmer's safety. I wouldn't want my worst enemy protected by them.

To sum up a long-winded tirade: How much more of this do we need to see to know that there is no bowling in the 2013 season? Inability to coach, an offense that can't even get 300 yds. against an FCS team, and a defense that doesn't look like it can hold us in games like last year.

Reaction Score
Yes, week before Memphis game it will be announced that he won't be back and search is under way for his replacement.

Reaction Score
How about a poll with each game as the time frame? I think he is fired after the UCF game.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I'm going to say NO. Pasqualoni will be fired.

Fan base will drop off too fast if he stays the entire season. The Rent will be lucky to have 10,000 fannies in the seats by mid-season. The financial ramifications are coming very soon. Donors are not going to support this program that is this poor.

The continual damage that Pasqualoni will cause with his continued employment could be permanent. All those years of building the program are being destroyed.

If Warde doesn't fire Pasqualoni, then he needs to go too.

Reaction Score
Before the season ends, it will be announced that he won't be back. Whether they let him coach it out or not I don't know.

Reaction Score
If they don't fire him this week he is probably coaching the whole season.

Warde should call P into his office today and tell him that the offensive line play was terrible and GDL needs to go with Foley returning to line coach, when P says no way you fire him and promote Weist, give Weist the opportunity to name a defensive coordinator and move forward with the season with Weist as interim coach. If Hank Hughes doesn't like being passed over he's free to leave. (his D was abysmal yesterday)

Hopefully we catch lightening in a bottle with Weist and he gets the job at the end of the season.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Do I think he will make through the end of the year? Unfortunately, yes I do. Warde is a wait-and-see monitoring kind of guy and I don't think he will want to disrupt whatever consistency/flow he thinks that the team may have after spring and summer camp. I can see a scenario where it's announced Pasqualoni won't be coming back at some point during the season but he continues to coach through the year.

Do I want him to make it through the end of the year? You'd be crazy to say yes. My plan would be to fire Pasqualoni and DeLeone right now. Insert Weist as Interim HC and OC. Hughes as Associate Head Coach and DC. Replace the OL coach ASAP. If Weist can re-energeize this team, reward him with an extension. The only area last night that showed anything were the WRs and I don't find it ironic that that is Weist's position. If Weist can't re-energize this team and it finishes in the 0-2 win area that most people know it will, then Warde will have to dip into the UCONN treasury fund and throw some serious cash at a big time coach. Not an old retread who is in way over his head and recommended by a foolish search committee because a few high school football coaches want a guy.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
yes, after losing to Michigan by 60 points

Reaction Score
The players quit on the coaching staff in the 3Q last night. Players know when they have no chance and when their coaches suck. The Edsall kids know it and they are the leaders of the team. the PP kids know they were recruited by a coach who sucks and who will lose his job, meaning their scholarships are at risk. keeping him around for a year does nothing to fix that, replacing him now is the only potential answer, even with interim title.

How can you let this guy coach you on national tv against the coach that deserted the program and then against the AD's alma mater? in no way does that make any sense at all.

I said on here 2+ years ago vehemently that this was an embarrassing and lazy hire. I said last year that if they kept this guy it signalled that uconn was nowhere in realignment and considers football an afterthought. Now, keeping him through this season signals to me that downsizing the football program is an option the administration is considering given the lack of money it brings in

Reaction Score
Yes, week before Memphis game it will be announced that he won't be back and search is under way for his replacement.
that's my take too. It is possible that we'll be 0-11 at that point. My guess is 2-9. Bu teither way, they will announce that Memphis is the end of the line.

Reaction Score
I do not think he will be fired before the end of the season. And unless you think doing so will surely get your team to a bowl game, then why do it? You still have to pay out the contract and you don't send a great message to any coaching prospects. Is there a hot coach waiting and available now that's ready to beat the door down to get this job? All valid questions, I believe. I don't have the answers.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I do not think he will be fired before the end of the season. And unless you think doing so will surely get your team to a bowl game, then why do it? You still have to pay out the contract and you don't send a great message to any coaching prospects. Is there a hot coach waiting and available now that's ready to beat the door down to get this job? All valid questions, I believe. I don't have the answers.
That's a logical post and you even say you don't have the answers. I might put down my pitchfork for a few seconds... and then pick up a torch!!!

Reaction Score

To give you a reason, to allow Coach Weist to interim and showcase his abilities to lead a team. Use that information when casting calls come in December. If Manuel doesn't want to give him an interview then that probably won't happen but I'd like to see that happen asap.....I'm done with HCPP. I honestly couldn't care less if he wins 7 games out of his last 11. He has proven to be very inconsistent at getting his team ready for games. The only time he seems to win is when he is about to totally lose control and then he wins one to hang his hat on (ie. Louisville) and say see there is a little improvement.

Reaction Score
Honestly I don't think it would be hurting the kids at all. Doing it early is actually better for the recruits so they know that officially that HCPP won't be in charge next year. And then they would get to see how the team looks under Weist. As for the current players, its not like any one new is coming in and changing things for the rest of the year. The only difference would be HCPP would be relieved of his duties.

Reaction Score
The players quit on the coaching staff in the 3Q last night. Players know when they have no chance and when their coaches suck. The Edsall kids know it and they are the leaders of the team. the PP kids know they were recruited by a coach who sucks and who will lose his job, meaning their scholarships are at risk. keeping him around for a year does nothing to fix that, replacing him now is the only potential answer, even with interim title.

How can you let this guy coach you on national tv against the coach that deserted the program and then against the AD's alma mater? in no way does that make any sense at all.

I said on here 2+ years ago vehemently that this was an embarrassing and lazy hire. I said last year that if they kept this guy it signalled that uconn was nowhere in realignment and considers football an afterthought. Now, keeping him through this season signals to me that downsizing the football program is an option the administration is considering given the lack of money it brings in
Disagree. Those players were pretty pumped to get within 8 points late. They forced Towson to go three and out and then fumbled the punt. That doesn't happen if they had given up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He'll coach until November and Fleck will coach the Memphis game.

Reaction Score
My prediction is yes he will stay...

However as a fan all I can think is "God I hope not"

Reaction Score
The players deserve a different person at the helm because there is no future with the present regime despite all the hype about best home schedule ever. To continue with this all season just shows that we are sit on our hands, content to lose, beancounters. He's gone before the end of the season, most likely after the UCF/Cinci road trip, but it should be now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom