Official 2023 bracket thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Official 2023 bracket thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They were happy showing teams showoff their dance routine rather than actual Q&A. The three answers from the committee person didn't really answer much (she could have been talking about UConn as well when she defended Stanford as #1 seed).

...by the way, Carolyn and Carter are from the SEC, since some are wondering about their allegiance to the SEC and South Carolina.
The two co- chairwomen of the selection committee are from the ACC & Pac 12. Conspiracy theorists can claim favoritism for Stanford & VA Tech as #1 seeds instead of UCONN.
But I'm sure it is just a coincidence! ;)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
For you folks that questioned why some of us did not want to be in South Carolina’s region, it‘s not just us. The panel host Elle Duncan asked Rebecca Lobo which bracket she would not want to be in, she said “South Carolina.” Great minds think alike. :cool: It’s fair to say she knows a little something about WCBB, and the teams in this year’s field.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am glad to not be in the Stanford region. Lots of teams there that are best to avoid - Florida State, Georgia, Texas, Colorado, Louisville, even Ole Miss. I would be surprised if both Stanford and Iowa make it to the Elite Eight.

Hard to believe what an insipid mess ESPN made out of what could have been a very interesting show. How about we cut it from five people to three and leave out all the teams who are all doing the same thing?

I don`t get ND as a three seed but they are in with SC, so they won`t get to Dallas even if Miles makes a miraculous recovery.

Some interesting second round matchups. I like Michigan over LSU and Creighton over ND.

Very happy with UConn`s draw.
I'm more baffled that Duke is a #3 seed. They struggle to break 40 points a game. The ACC is so overrated!

Reaction Score
The brackets are, shall we say, "interesting." South Carolina, as is its due as the #1 team in the country, has the easiest journey to the Final Four. Maryland could cause about a half's worth of agita, but SC is just too good. Indiana likewise has what seems to be a clear trip to the Final Foure. I don't see Villanova or LSU as serious threats. Now if Princeton can shoot the ball, then a Carla Berube coached team could cause an upset - but I doubt it. I think that Stanford has the rockiest journey. Stanford is big and can be very efficient. However, it has demonstrated a Uconn-like penchant for inconsistency. Louisville and, of course, Iowa, present Stanford with real challenges. And now to Uconn. So much depends on whether Fudd and Ducharme can provide real offense. If they are really on, then Va Tech is in trouble. Hell, everybody is in trouble. Frankly, I think that VA Tech is going to have a tough time with Tennessee. My thought about the Final Four: Soth Carolina, Iowa, Indiana and Uconn. At that point, the gods of basketball will make decisions.

Reaction Score
I was watching the men’s reveal and several analysts picked UConn to make it to the final four and even win it all. I hope the women and the men make to their respective final fours. Winning it all would repeat what has been done before by only UConn. As I write this line, even Charlie Crème has picked UConn to make it to the final four!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Not a bad regional to be in. What is interesting this year is you can make a case for pretty much any of the top four seeds in each region making it to the E8 except for UCLA and TN ;) and for any of them to lose on their home court.

Reaction Score
this is an excellent draw... if we were given a #1 seed, we would have have SC in the semi finals.... Now, if we get there, it's not until the championship game. It's never smart to overlook anyone, but we are way better than OSU (if we can limit our turnovers) and V Tech is a nice draw as a one seed. So go UConn!

Reaction Score
The brackets are, shall we say, "interesting." South Carolina, as is its due as the #1 team in the country, has the easiest journey to the Final Four. Maryland could cause about a half's worth of agita, but SC is just too good. Indiana likewise has what seems to be a clear trip to the Final Foure. I don't see Villanova or LSU as serious threats. Now if Princeton can shoot the ball, then a Carla Berube coached team could cause an upset - but I doubt it. I think that Stanford has the rockiest journey. Stanford is big and can be very efficient. However, it has demonstrated a Uconn-like penchant for inconsistency. Louisville and, of course, Iowa, present Stanford with real challenges. And now to Uconn. So much depends on whether Fudd and Ducharme can provide real offense. If they are really on, then Va Tech is in trouble. Hell, everybody is in trouble. Frankly, I think that VA Tech is going to have a tough time with Tennessee. My thought about the Final Four: Soth Carolina, Iowa, Indiana and Uconn. At that point, the gods of basketball will make decisions.
I wouldn’t take South Carolina’s bracket as one seed. UCLA, Maryland, Creighton, and Oklahoma are are less than ideal matchups for them and all teams I wanted to avoid only. I’m sure they will make through it but I don’t think it’s an easy bracket at all. It’s a more difficult path to the final four than we have.

#1florida

Midwest Husky
Reaction Score
Stanford a 1-seed over UConn is absurd on any metric. Not sure what the Committee is smoking...

Good Night GIF by filmeditor

Reaction Score
Geno: "I think if we weren't called UConn we may be a number one (seed). Or if they used the men's criteria, when you think about the wins that we've had in quadrant one, two, all that. Who has a better record than us against those teams?"

Reaction Score
Yes Carolynn, UConn is a #2 seed! Very easily could have been a #1.

From the way she said "UConn's a 2?, UConn's a 2?" it came across that she was surprised they were that high. Maybe I'm wrong and she felt they should've been a #1, but it didn't come across that way.
Later she made it clear she thought UConn should have been a 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom