Official 2015-16 Non-Conference Schedule Announced | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Official 2015-16 Non-Conference Schedule Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Morgan's immediate family (parents) now lives in Virginia.
;;'

Geno can play Liberty, Geo Washington, Richmond, ODU,Geo Mason, UVa, Radford, Virginia Tech, JMU depending where Morgans family now lives, one or more will be close--and except in the DC area all have motels without lots of construction are the arena's. My suggestions are University of Virginia, Virgina Tech, JMU, Richmond or ODU. Tech is a bit far out as is Radford. Is 2016 the year to once again visit Virginia???

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You are lucky fans that your team gets to play such quality opponents. I am incredibly disappointed that Baylor has once again put together a very weak non-onference schedule, especially considering the talent that Kim has accumulated.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Other than some of the season tickets sections, tickets are general admission. The arena seats 18,000 so you'll be able to get tickets in advance. On the night of the game get there early; most visiting fans sit in section 107, which is the closest general admission section to the visitors' bench. Players' family and friends tickets are in the first 4 rows of section 106. I sit in the 5th row of 105 so I'm closer to the visitors' bench than the home bench.

Is it safe to go to that arena wearing opposing teams gear? Your fellow chicken fans seemed pleasant enough in Durham and Greensboro. I would hate to have to pummel a few on enemy turf... especially on a Sunday :cool:

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
You are lucky fans that your team gets to play such quality opponents. I am incredibly disappointed that Baylor has once again put together a very weak non-onference schedule, especially considering the talent that Kim has accumulated.
From what I can see of the so-far posted schedules for B12 teams, Baylor is in bad company there. Probably best you could say is the Iowa State plays Duke, and OK State has USF and UNC, but not really sure how good the Heels will be at this point. Still lots more games to be filled in, but considering the putrid B12 OOC last year, I'm not confident there will be much more quality flowing in.

For those who criticize the AAC teams (and certainly there will be a few with bad OOCs), take a look at USF's OOC slate. Includes Louisville, MS State (27-7 last year), OK State, Chattanooga (29-4), St. John's, and Northern Colorado (22-13), which all had 20+ wins. PSU is also on the schedule, but of course the Lions were a disaster last year, so they have nowhere to go but up.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
From what I can see of the so-far posted schedules for B12 teams, Baylor is in bad company there. Probably best you could say is the Iowa State plays Duke, and OK State has USF and UNC, but not really sure how good the Heels will be at this point. Still lots more games to be filled in, but considering the putrid B12 OOC last year, I'm not confident there will be much more quality flowing in.

For those who criticize the AAC teams (and certainly there will be a few with bad OOCs), take a look at USF's OOC slate. Includes Louisville, MS State (27-7 last year), OK State, Chattanooga (29-4), St. John's, and Northern Colorado (22-13), which all had 20+ wins. PSU is also on the schedule, but of course the Lions were a disaster last year, so they have nowhere to go but up.

Tulane has also upgraded its OOC schedule to include:

Arkansas Little Rock (28-4 last season; NCAA tournament win over Texas A&M)
Florida State
LSU
Rutgers
Green Bay
Virginia

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
And anyone from the old Creampuff Wars times who is wondering how UTenn's OOC schedule stacks up these days, I would rate Holly's slate at somewhere on the semi-nasty side for 2015-16. Though the full slate hasn't been officially announced, the Vols supposedly have away games at ND, Oregon State (27-5, PAC regular season champ), and Stanford. Home OOC slate is much lighter with 2015-debacle PSU, Texas, Chattanooga, Rutgers, and East Tennesee (21-12). Not UConn level certainly but no can of corn like the B12 teams' slates.

Some VolNation fans are wondering why so many of the top teams don't want to play them anymore, and of course state the usual crap about Geno. But the reality of modern WCBB may not have set in yet for many of the deluded ones still hoping that a slew of top teams will jump on the Vols' schedule. Top Vol insight: "If they wanted to play on national tv, they would play us."

What national TV are we talking about there? Liechtenstein and Djibouti?

Last edited:

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Is it safe to go to that arena wearing opposing teams gear? Your fellow chicken fans seemed pleasant enough in Durham and Greensboro. I would hate to have to pummel a few on enemy turf... especially on a Sunday :cool:

Yes, you won't have to worry as long as you don't wear orange.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Has anyone else taken the official OOC schedule and Charlie Creme's way too early preseason top 25 and cross referenced them? If memory serves me right almost all teams we are playing with the exception of Colgate, KState, and DePaul are referenced in some capacity there. DePaul usually finds some way to get in the top 25 at some point during the year.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
I imagine the line for the game, if there is one, will be UConn by about 64.
Let's see . . . 8 squared or 2 to the 6th. This year's squad might engender a lot of exponential "lines" come conference season.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
That's a great schedule. I wonder what the hold up is on our non-conference schedule...
If you check over on VolNation, the info is that everything has to run through SEC headquarters for all the teams and that the schedules should be released by mid August, so maybe they just need all the teams to report in for a simultaneous release. Nonetheless, most of the teams on the Vols schedule are already known, so it's just the dates that need to be squared away.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
If you check over on VolNation, the info is that everything has to run through SEC headquarters for all the teams and that the schedules should be released by mid August, so maybe they just need all the teams to report in for a simultaneous release. Nonetheless, most of the teams on the Vols schedule are already known, so it's just the dates that need to be squared away.

Yea I figured it was something like that. They started doing that for the men a few years back.

We know most of the teams as well (I think we're waiting on one more non-conf team) and we have the dates for the few that've already released their schedules.

So far:

We start the season at home vs. Ohio State (Nov. 13)
vs. Duke (Dec. 6)
@ UCLA (Nov. 22)
vs. Clemson
Arizona State (Hawaii tournament) (Nov. 27)
vs. UCONN (Feb. 8)

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Looking at the final Sagarin ratings for the 11 opponents I would estimate that no team has ever scheduled a tougher OOC based strictly on last year's team strengths. Of course some teams may have slipped back a bit going into next year, but I defy anyone to find a tougher OOC schedule in history based on previous year's results. Another incredible part of it is that there are 5 road games, plus 2 neutral games, and only 4 home games. One of the road games is Colgate, but the schedule is basically then balanced home-and-away at a time when teams like Baylor this year have completely given up on OOC away games, and many other P5 teams played only 1 or 2 OOC road games last year, often even then against weak opponents, the shirking teams including Missouri, Alabama, Ole Miss and Miss St., WVU, TCU, Kansas, etc. Texas also played only two road OOC games last year but at least they were against UCLA and Stanford. Money is the issue, but a huge number of the P5 teams have given up even the pretense of having a minimally competitive OOC and are just using it as an extended exhibition season against local lightweights until their conference season starts and their record begins the inevitable journey from from 11-0 to 16-9.

Final 2014-15 Sagarin ratings for this year's UConn OOC opponents

2 -- vs. ND
3 -- @ USCar
4 -- vs. MD
6 -- home FSU
17 -- @ OSU
25 -- @ DePaul
31 -- home Nebraska
46 -- @ Chattanooga
50 -- home LSU
71 -- home KSU
233 -- @ Colgate

Reaction Score
I know February is far off, but check with me before making reservations if you're coming to the game in Columbia and staying overnight. There is A LOT of construction in the Congaree Vista area of downtown, where the arena is located, and I'd highly recommend you stay within walking distance as ample parking is not as close as it once was. There are 4 hotels within ~ 3 blocks of the arena.
I just put that game on my calendar only a 7 hour drive. Would greatly appreciate all the info you can give me on lodging and getting tickets.

Reaction Score
I know February is far off, but check with me before making reservations if you're coming to the game in Columbia and staying overnight. There is A LOT of construction in the Congaree Vista area of downtown, where the arena is located, and I'd highly recommend you stay within walking distance as ample parking is not as close as it once was. There are 4 hotels within ~ 3 blocks of the arena.
could you please let me know what the 4 hotels are. Wife has had both her knees replace and would like to get one real close.
Thanks.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
could you please let me know what the 4 hotels are. Wife has had both her knees replace and would like to get one real close.
Thanks.

In order of proximity:

Hilton - Convention Center
Hampton Inn - Vista
Hyatt Place - Vista
Courtyard Marriott - Assembly Street

They're all within 3 blocks max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online