October UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

October UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I just have one question about her game. Has Geno been to Finland yet?:D
Before Geno departs for Finland Awak needs to express "some" interest in playing college basketball in the US. Keep in mind that Anna had a sister who play US college ball and Nika had narrowed her list of potential US schools to 4? before UCONN contacted her.
Two additional points:
1) Nika Muhl and Awak are good friends from Basketball without borders event. It was Nika who threw her the alley oop pass that Awak slammed to close out a BWB camp.
2) The NBA recently sponsored a state side camp in Charlotte in Feb featuring the "top 63 Girls and Boys from 30 countries". As a prior participant in BWB Awak should have "easily" met the criteria but did not attend this event. A quick scan of the players that did attend shows many players ended up signing with US colleges including two to UCONN.
If Awak had any intention of playing college ball she missed a great opportunity.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Well, this is getting interesting.
Offered 2021 Players for UCONN: Azzi Fudd, Amari DeBerry, Rayah Marshall, Saylor Poffenbarger
Still considering UCONN: Teonni Key, Payton Verhulst

Still being evaluated as of late Summer early Fall: Aaliyah Moore, Saniya Rivers, Talia Von Oelhoffen, Jersey Wolfenbarger, Caroline Ducharme, Sonia Citron

Haven't heard anything in a while: Jillian Hollingshead, Destiny Adams,
Olivia Miles

Reaction Score
Well, this is getting interesting.
Offered 2021 Players for UCONN: Azzi Fudd, Amari DeBerry, Rayah Marshall, Saylor Poffenbarger
Still considering UCONN: Teonni Key, Payton Verhulst

Still being evaluated as of late Summer early Fall: Aaliyah Moore, Saniya Rivers, Talia Von Oelhoffen, Jersey Wolfenbarger, Caroline Ducharme, Sonia Citron

Haven't heard anything in a while: Jillian Hollingshead, Destiny Adams,
Olivia Miles
Some players also don’t report offers, which can make it hard to tell (IIRC an offer was never officially reported from Mir or Aaliyah). There was an article that stated Wolfenbarger held an offer, but the Banshees post offers for their players, and a UConn one was never reported for Jersey.

In addition two 2020 players, Maggie Besselink (Canadian who committed to AZ State) and Ugonne Onyiah both listed UConn as the programs who they chose their respective schools over, but I had never heard of either of them, so who knows.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Our Husky Icon looks a little small (and thin?) and catching hives next to TN. :eek:
I think the dark blue UCONN blends in to the background diminishing the appearance size. Just notice that from left to right UConn is before UT, as it should be. :)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
One of the aspects of recruiting that is often difficult to decipher is just which schools are really interested in a particular player and vice versa. Top HS players literally receive mailers from hundreds of schools which effectively starts the recruiting process. Most players eventually list their top choices which, in some cases, may be largely aspirational. I do believe that players list top schools like ND, SC, MD, Baylor, OR & UConn simply to generate solid offers from schools. After all, if ND & UConn are recruiting someone, they must be really good, so maybe we should offer them?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Some players also don’t report offers, which can make it hard to tell (IIRC an offer was never officially reported from Mir or Aaliyah). There was an article that stated Wolfenbarger held an offer, but the Banshees post offers for their players, and a UConn one was never reported for Jersey.

In addition two 2020 players, Maggie Besselink (Canadian who committed to AZ State) and Ugonne Onyiah both listed UConn as the programs who they chose their respective schools over, but I had never heard of either of them, so who knows.

I've been saying here for years that high school players often confuse an expression of interest with a scholarship offer.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think the dark blue UCONN blends in to the background diminishing the appearance size. Just notice that from left to right UConn is before UT, as it should be. :)

I clipped and zoomed both icons keeping the same scale and I think we got
the short end. And in my eyes, we are being put on the same 'Level' as TN. :mad::mad::mad: ;););)
1572097902299.png

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
You cut off some of UConn's logo. She included the logo with the words, not just the husky.

Just a tiny bit of the chin mane but I guess I am focused on the 'scrawny' width. :oops:

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I've been saying here for years that high school players often confuse an expression of interest with a scholarship offer.
Hmmmm....Hope we’re not opening up a certain can of worms about a current freshman in South Bend....:rolleyes:

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I clipped and zoomed both icons keeping the same scale and I think we got
the short end. And in my eyes, we are being put on the same 'Level' as TN. :mad::mad::mad: ;););)
View attachment 47464
You left out the blue letters UCONN under the husky head
1572100719765.png

Reaction Score
It's possible I've missed this being posted, but in case it wasn't here's a more up-to-date video highlight of Nika Muhl. If she plays like this or better for us it's going to be really hard to keep her off the floor. The next couple of years are going to be a pleasure to watch. And if we get Azzi and Amari, it will simply be glorious! Lol

Ok, I’m impressed.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Uh, shouldn’t you guys be done recruiting for at least two years? I mean, come on....when I think about what UConn did the last couple of years with a limited (though extremely talented) roster, I shudder to think about what could be coming.
Speaking of talent, Karen Aston was extended in 2016 to the end of the 19-20 season. Is this season the end of the road for her at Texas?

Reaction Score
First Night, my assessments and what I recall:

Paige Bueckers--committed to come, I believe. She'll be recruiting.

Piath Gabriel--committed to come, I believe

Nika Muhl--possible, depending on travel

Mir McLean--probable

Saylor Poffenbarger--probable

All 5 players above have verbaled.

Some players who have not yet verbaled:

Azzi Fudd--probable, in my opinion

Amari DeBerry--probable, in my opinion

There may be other 2021 recruits and possibly some 2022 or 2023 recruits. In short, look for a BIG group.
If you haven't had a chance to watch Paige Bueckers, I enplore you to go to Youtube and watch her . One of the best high-school player i have ever watched.. and the thing is she is physically unassuming. Mentally tough. and a scoring machine. I followed her all last year. It was a Treat without the Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom