Obvious if you ask coaches | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Obvious if you ask coaches

Reaction Score
If posters don’t want to be called out for taking repugnant positions, they shouldn’t take repugnant positions.

The Colorado national championship team was a not so much a crime syndicate as a terrifying, loosely organized gang that had complete protection from the athletic department. Three posters have said Colorado’s decision to turn the campus into a fan fiction Mad Max was worth it. They can defend themselves.
We heard you the first time, several posters have said they want a criminal team if it means winning a NC. Now tell us what the post #s are that say this.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How do we sign up now to win a national championship in football at the cost of you finding it embarrassing?
Colorado has over 700 wins and a 58% winning percentage. This is despite their recent downturn. And most of those wins came in the last 80 years including their best run in school history, a 10 year stretch from the late 80s through to the late 90s.
If you think that winning an NC in the last 50 years, for whatever reason, has no value in the landscape, then perhaps youre not exactly the best analyst of realignment?

@John

Is this what you are looking for?

McCartney was evil, and deserves to burn in hell for eternity for what he unleashed on that campus. That is not a controversial statement. And above are two posters defending McCartney, and wishing UConn could do the same. CatsLair didn't quite cross the line completely, but he got close.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
...and I think it’s safe to assume they didn’t think the players they recruited would be scumbags.
Your naiveté betrays you here. Their being scumbags was a feature, not a bug.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It's amazing the way Waylon graps onto ridiculous reaches when it is pointed out that he was wrong.

Nelson: Colorado was one if the worst college football programs over the past 80 years.

Posters from the Boneyard: They won a national title in that time frame.

Nelson: So you want UConn to recruit criminals.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It's amazing the way Waylon graps onto ridiculous reaches when it is pointed out that he was wrong.

Nelson: Colorado was one if the worst college football programs over the past 80 years.

Weak effort. Don't bother trying to improve it, because I get that this is the best you can do.

Reaction Score
@John

McCartney was evil, and deserves to burn in hell for eternity for what he unleashed on that campus. That is not a controversial statement. And above are two posters defending McCartney, and wishing UConn could do the same. CatsLair didn't quite cross the line completely, but he got close.
You're halfway there, now show the post #s where folks are clamoring for a UConn FB NC at any cost.

Reaction Score
@John

God, why do I bother. I did not say I would trade people being victims of crimes for a championship. I said I would trade you being embarassed for a championship. Read better.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

I've been muntzed and didn't like it. But here, you leave off the key fact the one good year came when they did indeed recruit criminals. My ruling is "fair cop".

Reaction Score
@John

Show me where I defended McCarthy.

You said Colorado had one of the worst resumes of the past 80 years. That is unquestionably incorrect.

You were wrong, and don’t have the maturity to admit it.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You're halfway there, now show the post #s where folks are clamoring for a UConn FB NC at any cost.

The exchange with them speaks for itself. Once they posted what they posted about winning a championship in response to my initial Colorado post, they had three choices: own that they didn’t know anything about McCartney when the defended Colorado’s NC, or two, admit that they knew and are ok with what McCartney did. Or three, take the gutless path and attack me.

I own every post I make on this board. That is a difference between them and me.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Show me where I defended McCarthy.

You said Colorado had one of the worst resumes of the past 80 years. That is unquestionably incorrect.

You were wrong, and don’t have the maturity to admit it.

Fail of a post.

Reaction Score
The exchange with them speaks for itself. Once they posted what they posted about winning a championship in response to my initial Colorado post, they had three choices: own that they didn’t know anything about McCartney when the defended Colorado’s NC, or two, admit that they knew and are ok with what McCartney did. Or three, take the gutless path and attack me.

I own every post I make on this board. That is a difference between them and me.
The whole living in your mom's basement thing makes you different as well.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Pretending to have been trolling after making dumb posts is waiving the white flag on a message board. I guess that is as close as I will get to an "I was wrong" from the pro-McCartney crowd in this thread.

Reaction Score
I've been muntzed and didn't like it. But here, you leave off the key fact the one good year came when they did indeed recruit criminals. My ruling is "fair cop".
CU-Boulder had a couple of good years, back-to-back. In the first, they lost the national championship to ND in the Orange Bowl. The next year, they returned to the Orange Bowl and beat ND for the national championship. To be honest, however, they wouldn't have gotten that second trip to the Orange Bowl without the miracle fifth down awarded to them by an inattentive ref in their regular-season match-up against Missouri. Or maybe the guy simply couldn't count. Either way, that windfall enabled the offense to get a first down, stay alive, and eventually win the game. My daughter was a senior at CU-Boulder the year they won the national championship. Now I have a granddaughter who's just begun her sophomore year there. I guess I'm getting pretty old.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The next critical hire for UConn is Auriemma's successor. Women's basketball is going to carry a lot more weight in streaming than it did in linear. Rabid fans will matter a lot more than casual fans. UConn has to pick the next John Wooden of women's basketball, again.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The next critical hire for UConn is Auriemma's successor. Women's basketball is going to carry a lot more weight in streaming than it did in linear. Rabid fans will matter a lot more than casual fans. UConn has to pick the next John Wooden of women's basketball, again.
I'm thinking Becky Hammond.

Reaction Score
Very true rabid fans are like the regulars that go to a bar or club. The UConn women’s basketball coaching job now carries a high level of prestige and status so Benedict, or who ever the AD is, should have plenty of interested candidates to vet. Same as UConn Men’s basketball coach being a prestigious job. Hurley has mentioned it many times and alluded to it other times. Shaka Smart was believed to wanting the job.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom