Obvious if you ask coaches | The Boneyard

Obvious if you ask coaches

Reaction Score
I just wish Dave would respond with something forceful sometimes and say, “No matter what people might say or who tries to keep us in our place, we are going to play big time football. We will seek not only to win national championships in basketball and other sports, but football too. There is nothing anyone can say to stop that pursuit”.

Our own football coach said it. Let’s keep doing it. When we are winning, it will become powerful marketing.

Reaction Score
I just wish Dave would respond with something forceful sometimes and say, “No matter what people might say or who tries to keep us in our place, we are going to play big time football. We will seek not only to win national championships in basketball and other sports, but football too. There is nothing anyone can say to stop that pursuit”.

Our own football coach said it. Let’s keep doing it. When we are winning, it will become powerful marketing.
Need the magic carpet ride type football season. The the message will resonate that much louder. When they come asking what the ceiling is, you can answer as you say.

Reaction Score
Need the magic carpet ride type football season. The the message will resonate that much louder. When they come asking what the ceiling is, you can answer as you say.
OR, the answer will be: UConn has NO ceiling.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

How do you explain Colorado jumping around conference partners like some of the Ted’s regulars at last call?

Colorado objectively has one of the worst football programs over the last 80 years of any major football program. Even their championship was a dumpster fire that embarrassed college football.

On the field performance is a relatively minor factor in a program’s appeal.

Reaction Score
How do you explain Colorado jumping around conference partners like some of the Ted’s regulars at last call?

Colorado objectively has one of the worst football programs over the last 80 years of any major football program. Even their championship was a dumpster fire that embarrassed college football.

Colorado has over 700 wins and a 58% winning percentage. This is despite their recent downturn. And most of those wins came in the last 80 years including their best run in school history, a 10 year stretch from the late 80s through to the late 90s.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

How do we sign up now to win a national championship in football at the cost of you finding it embarrassing?

Reaction Score

Every G5 call up has had really good seasons. UCF unbeaten and NY6 bowl. Cincinnati made the playoff. Houston NY6 Bowl.

Colorado has always been in rhe club and has a national title in our lifetime. No call up involved.

Like it or not P5s are treated differently than non P5s. We've been through this.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How do we sign up now to win a national championship in football at the cost of you finding it embarrassing?

How many coed sexual assaults, other assaults, and property crime are you willing to trade for a national championship in football?

The Colorado championship team was literally a street gang from Los Angeles in the late 80’s.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Every G5 call up has had really good seasons. UCF unbeaten and NY6 bowl. Cincinnati made the playoff. Houston NY6 Bowl.

Colorado has always been in rhe club and has a national title in our lifetime. No call up involved.

Like it or not P5s are treated differently than non P5s. We've been through this.

Utah, BYU, TCU, etc etc all say “hello”.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Colorado has over 700 wins and a 58% winning percentage. This is despite their recent downturn. And most of those wins came in the last 80 years including their best run in school history, a 10 year stretch from the late 80s through to the late 90s.

The program has sucked for decades except for a short window where McCartney was importing literal criminals. McCartney struggled prior to going evil, and once McCartney’s criminals were out of the program, even good coaches like Neuheisal and Bartnett struggled to be mediocre.

Now I suspect a few dozen sexual assaults and roving gangs beating the spit out of anyone that looks at them wrong doesn’t bother you, but you and I are just different that way.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Utah, BYU, TCU, etc etc all say “hello”.
I'm pretty confident that Utah had a team that performed as well as any in the country (not quite two decades ago) less than a decade before the PAC-10 added them, and that exact team would have been in the national championship hint if they didn't have the label as being from a lesser conference.

BYU not only has a national title and a Heisman under their belt, they also have many seasons in recent history where they've been ranked and their home attendance (with many games against opponents who we would use as an excuse for nobody showing up) absolutely is at P5(4) level.

TCU made it further last year than the best schools from the B1G (knocked their champion out in fact) and had a handful of prior top five finishes when they were G5 (or whatever it was referred to when the BE still had a New Years bowl).

If you're going to criticize, it helps if you can demonstrate that you have a clue about what it is you are criticizing.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yeah I’m tired of nonsense like this, after being passed up so many times. There needs to be an effort from the AD to fight these kinds of public narratives. These type of articles reinforce to P3 fans that we’re just a basketball school. There’s an implication that we’re unable to compete in football, which is disrespectful to the university and its fans. We need to go out swinging.

Reaction Score

If you think that winning an NC in the last 50 years, for whatever reason, has no value in the landscape, then perhaps youre not exactly the best analyst of realignment?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
If you think that winning an NC in the last 50 years, for whatever reason, has no value in the landscape, then perhaps youre not exactly the best analyst of realignment?

I am not close to the best analyst of realignment, but I just look that way because the rest of the board are mindless sheep that spent over a month believing an idiotic theory promoted by a troll that was laughing at the entire board., and have spent this thread celebrating a 30 year old Colorado team of hardened criminals as a model for what they want UConn to become.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I am not close to the best analyst of realignment, but I just look that way because the rest of the board are mindless sheep that spent over a month believing an idiotic theory promoted by a troll that was laughing at the entire board., and have spent this thread celebrating a 30 year old Colorado team of hardened criminals as a model for what they want UConn to become.
I know arguing in good faith isn’t your thing, but nobody here is advocating for the football team to turn into a crime syndicate. You have to know that.

Reaction Score
I know arguing in good faith isn’t your thing, but nobody here is advocating for the football team to turn into a crime syndicate. You have to know that.
His method of debate is very dishonest.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Geno said it best. “It doesn’t matter what league were in, we’re UConn we’re in a league of our own”

But some more money and stability would be great

Reaction Score
Colorado was the key piece in a very complex game of Jenga. It was the school that could pry open the PAC 12. The other schools didn't want to be known as the school that took down the PAC 12. But Colorado leaving gave Arizona cover to follow. Arizona's departure satisfied the concerns of the B1G lawyers and enabled Washington and Oregon to move. The departure of Oregon and Washington de-stabilized the conference and caused Az St and Utah to jump. And great was the collapse of the edifice. Colorado had a very small window of value and made the most of it.

Lots of people had an interest in this outcome. The networks didn't want to pay for an under-performing regional conference. The B1G wanted to lock up the West Coast so it could eventually expand East. The B12 wanted to remove the PAC from the Re-Alignment Hunger Games. And there was Colorado right in the middle of it all - at just the time with just the right willingness to act. Being a former B12 member didn't hurt either..

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
His method of debate is very dishonest.

If posters don’t want to be called out for taking repugnant positions, they shouldn’t take repugnant positions.

The Colorado national championship team was a not so much a crime syndicate as a terrifying, loosely organized gang that had complete protection from the athletic department. Three posters have said Colorado’s decision to turn the campus into a fan fiction Mad Max was worth it. They can defend themselves.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Read the words they wrote.
I don’t think the words mean what you think they meant. And I don’t think anyone is actually advocating for the football team to recruit criminals as a trade off for success. The point was Colorado did win football games in the past, and I think it’s safe to assume they didn’t think the players they recruited would be scumbags.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom