Notre Dame | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
What the hell did I just watch??? That is either going to give me nightmares, or it will become my favorite song of all time. E=mc(vagina)....what???

hes one of my favorite comedians. most know him for the league and not his acts. he has some great utube vids and good standup. look im normal guy vid of his. a+

Reaction Score
Now your position is best athletes at each position. Sorry it's hard to pin down - I read 1000 posts on passing.

Yeah I guess I don't understand the game.

You really don't get it. No wait. . . You're drinking and playing. Gosh I hope so.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You really don't get it. No wait. . . You're drinking and playing. Gosh I hope so.

Drinking yes. If 'playing' means pointing out the idiocy of what you've posted the last few years than sure.. Yes.

Reaction Score
Drinking yes. If 'playing' means pointing out the idiocy of what you've posted the last few years than sure.. Yes.

Drinking too much obviously. But look I'll indulge you. . . Go UConn. Lyle McCombs right, Lyle McCombs left and Lyle McCombs up the middle. Now it's you and GDL talking the same talk.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Drinking too much obviously. But look I'll indulge you. . . Go UConn. Lyle McCombs right, Lyle McCombs left and Lyle McCombs up the middle. Now it's you and GDL talking the same talk.

Lol. The 5 best teams in the country don't throw the ball at all. When confronted with that fact you argue best athletes at positions blah blah blah.

Yeah I'm a huge supporter of the coaching staff - you really got me on that one!

Reaction Score
Lol. The 5 best teams in the country don't throw the ball at all. When confronted with that fact you argue best athletes at positions blah blah blah.

Yeah I'm a huge supporter of the coaching staff - you really got me on that one!
Oh so you think UConn is on the right track as those five teams. So very close, I get it. Just keep grounding and pounding. That will get it done.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh so you think UConn is on the right track as those five teams. So very close, I get it. Just keep grounding and pounding. That will get it done.

Yep thats what I think. Exactly what I've said. UConn who doesn't even attempt
to run anymore is headed to the BCS top 5 on the back of Lyle McCombs.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Whaler,

I am at a complete loss for the point you are trying to make here. Notre Dame never was in the Big East in football. Are you saying that somehow the affiliation with basketball helped the football teams? Are you linking the game last night to the Gator Bowl alliance? The Big East already lost the Gator Bowl.

You are also making some point about running which is confusing. Are you saying that UConn should run a 165 pound back between the tackles more out of Deleone's stupid pro set? Kelly runs a spread, which is what a lot of us have been saying UConn should do. It helps both the running and passing games. Did you just figure this out?

Or are you talking trash about Notre Dame? If you are, this is one of the weakest threads you have ever started. Talking trash after a team is in the Top 5 when you were silent about the team before the season when everyone thought they would just be OK is pretty pathetic. Either talk trash up front, or shut up.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler,

I am at a complete loss for the point you are trying to make here. Notre Dame never was in the Big East in football. Are you saying that somehow the affiliation with basketball helped the football teams? Are you linking the game last night to the Gator Bowl alliance? The Big East already lost the Gator Bowl.

You are also making some point about running which is confusing. Are you saying that UConn should run a 165 pound back between the tackles more out of Deleone's stupid pro set? Kelly runs a spread, which is what a lot of us have been saying UConn should do. It helps both the running and passing games. Did you just figure this out?

Or are you talking trash about Notre Dame? If you are, this is one of the weakest threads you have ever started. Talking trash after a team is in the Top 5 when you were silent about the team before the season when everyone thought they would just be OK is pretty pathetic. Either talk trash up front, or shut up.

I was merely commenting on the dozens of threads on the Boneyard the past few years that stated Notre Dame was irrelevant.

I also think those who play the parasite card are clueless. Unless you'd agreed that hosts generally choose their parasites.

I am not making any point about
UConn. TDH has posted 500 times in the past 4 years that modern offenses are all passing and that is the way to
win. Confronted with the fact that the five best teams in the country do not throw for even average yardage leads his argument to best players at positions - whatever the hell that means.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
LSU and Alabama have payrolls that would choke most schools, and I am just talking about the players. KState, Oregon and Notre Dame likely also have sizable payrolls, and are all spread teams.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Notre Dame created enormous instability with the Big East that would have been better addressed by cutting them loose, because that would have forced them to join a league years ago and could have avoided the last round of expansion. Notre Dame has been nothing but detrimental to UConn's athletic program.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame created enormous instability with the Big East that would have been better addressed by cutting them loose, because that would have forced them to join a league years ago and could have avoided the last round of expansion. Notre Dame has been nothing but detrimental to UConn's athletic program.

How is that? Seriously how the hell does ND have anything to do with UConn except maybe a positive for recruiting because the Huskies went there and beat them 3 years ago?

These ND facists are hilarious.........jealousy. They haven't been good enough until now to make an impact, never played in the BE in football, were a pretty nice rival in hoops but they have been detriment? You can't make this stuff up!!:confused:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

I thought the NNBE was so great and finally UConn is rid of Syracuse and Pitt? Remember Aresco said the basketball league is stronger than ever!

Reaction Score
Are we still working under the Boneyard assumption that Notre Dame is irrelevant or did they just need a coach?

I bet no one will watch Notre Dame at USC - that's ancient history.
We had a lot of geniuses on this board telling us that they were irrelevant and we shouldn't schedule a series with them. It would have been a great thing for us, but that ship has sailed.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
We had a lot of geniuses on this board telling us that they were irrelevant and we shouldn't schedule a series with them. It would have been a great thing for us, but that ship has sailed.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
A lot of ships have sailed. Many believe that we should have let every one sail because we are too big time to negotiate on anything less than an equal basis with any football program in the country.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Kelly bringin the Irish back to the promised land. He WILL coach them to another NC (even this year is a possibility). Anyone who really believed that ND was irrelevant is a knucklehead with a capital KNUCK.

If they beat SC and and there's another loss in the top 3 they'll be playing in the NC game this year.

Reaction Score

That's it in a nutshell. Notre Dame has hurt the Big East not helped it.

Reaction Score
Whaler,

You are also making some point about running which is confusing. Are you saying that UConn should run a 165 pound back between the tackles more out of Deleone's stupid pro set? Kelly runs a spread, which is what a lot of us have been saying UConn should do. It
helps both the running and passing games. Did you just figure this out?

Great advice. I was wondering the same thing. Hard to tell because lost in all his trash talking is some real football discussion.

Reaction Score
Kelly is an excellent HC, you can be a great recruiter but you gotta coach them up to and Kelly does a damn good job at that, he will have ND in the top 10 consistantly and then leave to coach in the NFL, and if that doesnt work for him in the NFL, then he will just go back to coaching in college.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Great advice. I was wondering the same thing. Hard to tell because lost in all his trash talking is some real football discussion.

LOL. Your posts are jammed packed with football analysis. And I've posted a dozen times that all ND needed was a coach and Kelly was the guy. Got them to the top faster than I expected but come on it was obvious they had right guy a while back.

Reaction Score
Do people seriously not remember the posts on this board about how Houston is better in football than Notre Dame?

I guess that's why its so easy for people to spout off pure idiocy on here - because they'll just pretend they didn't say it later on.

Reaction Score
LOL. Your posts are jammed packed with football analysis. And I've posted a dozen times that all ND needed was a coach and Kelly was the guy. Got them to the top faster than I expected but come on it was obvious they had right guy a while back.

And its obvious that UConn doesn't have the right coach. Ran this program into problems faster than I expected, but come on it was obvious we had the wrong guy a while back. January 2011 to be more precise. There's your analysis.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And its obvious that UConn doesn't have the right coach. Ran this program into problems faster than I expected, but come on it was obvious we had the wrong guy a while back. January 2011 to be more precise. There's your analysis.

No . And I was one of the first and most vocal on that bandwagon.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame did nothing for the Big East. They were parasites. Should have been left on an island (for all non- football sports) years ago.
THIS is why I loathe them. I respect the fact that they hold their student-athletes to a higher standard and actually have them interact with the general student population. They want everyone to think they hold their student athletes to a higher standard than they actually hold them, but when all is said and done-they do a much better job of treating them like "real" students than almost all big time schools. For this, I definitely respect them.

For the first time in forever, their play actually matches the hype. Give credit where it's due, they've earned it this year.

I will never, ever respect them for the reason you note-the BE gave them a home for all their "other" sports and allowed them a platform to maintain/raise their status in all of those sports. They rarely threw the BE football schools a bone (to think of how much they benefitted for YEARS of being able to say they played UCONN in hoops for both men and women....) despite the huge benefits they reaped from playing in the BE.

I don't like gold diggers, whether they are individuals, or entire universities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom