Not This Season Brenda, Not Next Either | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Not This Season Brenda, Not Next Either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Rocky - just a little correction - Frese went to the form book when she saw the Nurse commitment and her first reaction - Hah! Geno is finally slipping, she isn't even an honorable mention All American!!! :cool:

Trying to find this but failing, was it a joke?

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Trying to find this but failing, was it a joke?
I'm sure it was, implying that da Freeze doesn't realize that Nurse is Canadian, not US citizen..

Reaction Score
If my Hebrew school experience had only had a touch of your input, I would be a religious man today. Alas, on Christmas day, I take my annual Christmas day pilgrimage to fly off and visit my youngest, who by the way, is evidence of either immaculate conception or that Jews are really bad at the rhythm method. Making it to PA the night before, sadly, appears not to be in the cards. (I seem to be in a poker mode this morning).

Well, you'd be childless if you didn't poker.

You're forgiven for not knowing this, cohenzone, but the Catholic theological term Immaculate Conception has nothng to do with sex, nor even Mary's conception of Jesus. In short, the dogma is that Ann, mother of Mary, conceived Mary without inflicting the condition of Original Sin on Mary's soul. In other words, Mary was sinless from the moment of her conception and did not need baptism to purify her soul.

Don't even think about using the term papal infallibility. Even Catholics rarely have a clue what it means.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Well, you'd be sonless if you didn't poker.

You're forgiven for not knowing this, cohenzone, but the Catholic theological term Immaculate Conception has nothng to do with s e x, nor even Mary's conception of Jesus. In short, the dogma is that Ann, mother of Mary, conceived Mary without inflicting the condition of Original Sin on Mary's soul. In other words, Mary was sinless from the moment of her conception and did not need baptism to purify her soul.

Don't even think about using the term papal infallibility. Even Catholics rarely have a clue what it means.

Yes, I learned this some time recently. Must be one of the more misunderstood phrases in existence.

Reaction Score
When Britney Griner signed with Baylor people were saying that they might not lose a game in her four years and could possibly win four straight championships. How did that work out? That Baylor didn't win at least two championships, has to be a major disappointment. Do you think Geno would have won at least two? Without question, especially since they had Odyssey Sims and other solid if not spectacular players.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Well, you'd be childless if you didn't poker.

You're forgiven for not knowing this, cohenzone, but the Catholic theological term Immaculate Conception has nothng to do with s e x, nor even Mary's conception of Jesus. In short, the dogma is that Ann, mother of Mary, conceived Mary without inflicting the condition of Original Sin on Mary's soul. In other words, Mary was sinless from the moment of her conception and did not need baptism to purify her soul.

If I'd be childless, you know something about the conception his 2 older brothers that I don't.

As for the rest, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the 10 plagues in the Old Testament. But even if I or millions of others accept the Ann story as true, isn't it also true that Mary was pregnant sans the usual human way of procreating ? She and her mom would have confounded Masters and Johnson, or at least Hugh Hefner.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
When Britney Griner signed with Baylor people were saying that they might not lose a game in her four years and could possibly win four straight championships. How did that work out? That Baylor didn't win at least two championships, has to be a major disappointment. Do you think Geno would have won at least two? Without question, especially since they had Odyssey Sims and other solid if not spectacular players.

Little puzzled at what this is directed. By thread title I did not mean to claim either undefeated seasons or Nat'l Championships, but simply Geno would not be suffering the fate of Frese and others and actually have to coach - the apparent meaning of her wise crack.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Shea was drafted, but never actually played in the WNBA...
I know, but close enough. Especially when you are selling UCONN gets them ready for the next level. It was only injury that prevented it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
ummm, I believe the term is Immaculate Reception. And it doesn't have anything to do with Ann, or Touchdown Jesus (one could argue Hail Mary though). But rather with Fuqua, Tatum and Harris. :cool:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I'm sure it was, implying that da Freeze doesn't realize that Nurse is Canadian, not US citizen..
Thanks - I thought the emoticons in my piece might indicate less than truthful rendition of facts.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Thanks - I thought the emoticons in my piece might indicate less than truthful rendition of facts.

Yep, plain as day, but missed them at the time.

T

TroyHouse66

And, I'd contend that Stewie (in the paint) is the basis for the Concept of Immaculate Rejection.

Dat lil' Philly guy ain't the Ace or King ... dat paesano always been a Joka... always be Da Joka

[AND... Serious stuff, folks..... let's not start bad mouthing ANY Mulkey at this point (there's a lanky Mulkey down South coming up on the radar)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom