Non-Key Tweets | Page 71 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
I am sorry, but being a "Valley Boy" was something very special, and made me very successful. It was not an attempt to hijack anything but to try to understand the passion that people here have for UConn. When you come from the Naugatuck Valley, you have passion. It is just so unfortunate that we have to be passive observers in CR. That goes against the way the valley works.
Amen
I was at an Ansonia ,Shelton Pop Warner game years ago ,to watch my Nephew play for Ansonia and my young cousin ,his best friend ,play for Shelton.
It was a pouring cold,rainy miserable morning.
The Ref (a coach at Naugatuck High )came over to talk to a friend of his nearby, at the half.
He said when he got up that morning his wife told him to go back to bed as no one is going to play in this weather.
He told her "your wrong ,they will play for sure,did you forget this is Shelton vs Ansonia "

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Amen
I was at an Ansonia ,Shelton Pop Warner game years ago ,to watch my Nephew play for Ansonia and my young cousin ,his best friend ,play for Shelton.
It was a pouring cold,rainy miserable morning.
The Ref (a coach at Naugatuck High )came over to talk to a friend of his nearby, at the half.
He said when he got up that morning his wife told him to go back to bed as no one is going to play in this weather.
He told her "your wrong ,they will play for sure,did you forget this is Shelton vs Ansonia "

I spent a decade working as an official for the Central CT officals board. No one anywhere cancels little kid games. To this day I don't understand why they tore up the fields so badly.

Reaction Score
There was a recent ranking released (seriously) of the 10 dumbest states in the country. WV was ranked as the dumbest. As far as conferences go the breakdown was this:

SEC 6
B1G 1
Big 12 - 2
MWC 1

OK (Tulsa) and LA (Tulane) are on the list but I counted them for the other conferences...because I can. :)
That's the selling point for Tulsa and Tulane in their regions. They're good schools.

Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just basketball? I'll guess B1G to MSG for Tournament announcement.

Reaction Score
MH3‏@MH3 10h
Big things in store for B12 and BYU. Things should hit the fast track after August meetings.

MH3‏@MH3 10h
Chuck Neinas asked to brainstorm synergy ideas between BYUtv and B12. Guess we needed an excuse to throw him some more $$

MH3‏@MH3 10h
@mulletYno I'm not calling it yet. Been burned too many times.lets just say that patience is a virtue and this summer and fall should be fun

MH3‏@MH3 9h
@ScottSandyMan BYU still has obstacles to overcome. Namely August meetings and 2 B12 schools that will try to keep you out

Reaction Score
MH3‏@MH3 10h
Big things in store for B12 and BYU. Things should hit the fast track after August meetings.

MH3‏@MH3 10h
Chuck Neinas asked to brainstorm synergy ideas between BYUtv and B12. Guess we needed an excuse to throw him some more

MH3‏@MH3 10h
@mulletYno I'm not calling it yet. Been burned too many times.lets just say that patience is a virtue and this summer and fall should be fun

MH3‏@MH3 9h
@ScottSandyMan BYU still has obstacles to overcome. Namely August meetings and 2 B12 schools that will try to keep you out

If this doesn't happen I recommend that jostar and MH3 info are banned from this board. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV · 2h
A few things expansion related.

Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV · 2h
Please stop emailing me & tweeting me asking about what @mh3 puts out. Nothing he says is true but I don't have time to refute.

Christopher Lambert@theDudeofWV · 1h
The idea that the B12 would hire Chuck Neinas to collaborate with BYU on B12 membership is beyond ludicrous.

Plus, my B12 contact, who actually works for the conf., has leaked excepts of valuation reports.

Beginning next week, I'll share as much as I can from those valuations on BYU, UCF, Cincy, Memphis and UCONN.

Why next week? Because its graduation week for us and I'll be busy.

The purpose of leaking me the excepts was throw cold water on the rumors of Big 12 expansion.

The summary report and certain metrics have been redacted before I received them.

Academics did not play a role in the valuations but Fox & ESPN provided proprietary data.

Hopefully this information will take the emotion out of B12 expansion & replace it with logic.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hmmm, me thinks we're about to be shad upon by the Dude by vague allusions to made up data.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Sigh. If only there was some UConn-centric news that could qualify for "Key Tweets" instead of non-key tweets. I guess I might as well look up some recipes for gazpacho.

Reaction Score
Sure, sure, we believe that someone would risk their job to leak you "excepts" (sic) of a proprietary conference valuation report thinking you, not ESPN, FOX or another online entity, would have enough pull to quash the rumors of Big 12 expansion.

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 10m
So my B12 source regarding BYU isn't spilling all the beans to me. Telling me it has to stay completely quiet and he can't say anything else

MH3 ‏@MH3 10m
For now anyway

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 2m
His last words on the matter: too much on the line to let anything else out, specific info getting out in any way could be bad

Reaction Score
jostar1 said:
MH3 ‏@MH3 10m
So my B12 source regarding BYU isn't spilling all the beans to me. Telling me it has to stay completely quiet and he can't say anything else

MH3 ‏@MH3 10m
For now anyway

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 2m
His last words on the matter: too much on the line to let anything else out, specific info getting out in any way could be bad

Classic mh3!

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda @TuxedoYoda · 4h
2 people(1 who runs an ACC message board & a NE journalist/blogger)emailed me UVA & UConn to B1G rumor. ACC GOR? No idea how this will work.
The only thing that makes sense here is this: UCONN/UVA basically seals up the Mid-Atlantic/Northeast coast for the B1G. They will own from New England south to VA/NC border...all the while isolating BC from the ACC that much more. Right now I'm skeptical at any CR related rumor after all that has happened in the past, but this does makes sense...until you look at the following things: ACC GOR, the fact that UVA pushed for VT's entry into the ACC. If this is true then I see VT heading to the SEC...no way they are left in the wind.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda @TuxedoYoda · 4h
2 people(1 who runs an ACC message board & a NE journalist/blogger)emailed me UVA & UConn to B1G rumor. ACC GOR? No idea how this will work.

At least he is now giving a hint of sources.

If a guiy who runs a message board and a blogger each said this, how can it not be legitimate?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom