Non-Key Tweets | Page 69 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I think the Big 12 would be crazy not to add BYU if BYU wanted to join. BYU is probably worth more from a TV standpoint than all but 3 schools currently in the Big 12. If BYU goes, does the Big 12 add Cincinnati too?

You would think so, but the Big 12 would have to start acting rationally - something they've not shown a penchant for.

They should have locked up UL, WV and Cincy in one jump, but they were busy powdering DeLoss Dodds' nut sack.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The B12 standing pat probably means that will be the P5 conference to be eventually dismantled. Texas, OU and maybe Kansas would all land on their feet somewhere. If UT or OU pulled a power trip, they could probably bring along a buddy to their new conference.

Adding BYU, Cincinnati, UCF and some other western pod school (Colorado St??) ASAP would probably be a good idea. Get the money now.

Reaction Score
@ScottyG1280
Program Director and Show Host - 1280 97.5 The Zone/Utah Jazz

Scott Garrard‏@ScottyG1280 4h
Can confirm a BYU investigation into allegations a former BYU staff member provided llegal gifts to current and former players

A player posted this:
  1. jamaal williams ‏@jswaggdaddy 3h
    @uclagrad90 mom get off twitter, stop trippin off of rumors. I got you and you got me. We know the truth so stop worrying and go get this
    1f4b0.png
    1f4b0.png

Reaction Score
MH3 ‏@MH3 · 1h
Got confirmation that the meeting did take place, BYU had a representative there.

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 1h
Was told a lot of groundwork was laid. A lot of things discussed pertaining to the future of the conference.

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 1h
A few members had to Skype as they were unable to attend in person.

MH3 ‏@MH3 · 1h
That's all he's given me thus far. Will share when I have more specifics.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
FWIW, I'll take a FoxSportsSW columnist's confirmation over a West Virginian Blogger's innuendo any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Call me crazy.

Reaction Score
  1. Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken 46m
    RT @BrentBriggeman: Air Force athletic director Hans Mueh officially announces his intent to retire next summer. http://blogs.gazette.com/afasports/?p=16577…

1. Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda 42m
      @DanWolken @BrentBriggeman maybe now the Texas sticks, a new AD will reconsider the B12.

1. Dan Wolken ‏@DanWolken 39m
        @TuxedoYoda @BrentBriggeman A) Air Force was never going to the Big 12. B) Any conference decisions wouldn’t be made by the AD

1. Tuxedo Yoda ‏@TuxedoYoda 37m
          @DanWolken AD at air force has more stroke on these matters than a typical AD.

Reaction Score
Dont know how to link tweets but dude is saying uconn to BIG rumor has teeth. Probably more than we could say for him since he is from wvu.

Reaction Score
Dont know how to link tweets but dude is saying uconn to BIG rumor has teeth. Probably more than we could say for him since he is from wvu.
As much as I want this to be true, I'm assuming he's just trolling us for hits.

Reaction Score
As much as I want this to be true, I'm assuming he's just trolling us for hits.
The next time one of the WV guys get something in realignment right will be the first.

What I like is that it's being talked about, and generally people think it makes sense. I don't think that helps, necessarily, but it doesn't hurt.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert @theDudeofWV · 3h
My gut says the UCONN stuff is false. I think, based on sources, the B1G waits on the B12.

The way this works is if a B1G school is in your DMA you pay the premium price for the BTN per subscriber regardless of subscription.

One B1G source says YES fee is approx. $2.99. It could triple. Is that a hint?
I can’t see how the B1G would make $ from adding UCONN since their home market doesn’t include NY.

UCONN’s lack of AAU status, CFB history, small alumni base (by B1G standards) & small stadium make me highly skeptical.

Color me surprised - the UCONN-B1G rumor may have teeth. Checking on it in greater detail now.

Reaction Score
Find it amazing that WVU fans still don't understand that CT has a piece of the NY market on top of the Hartford/New Haven market. They talk about CR all the time yet they retain no info whatsoever.

Reaction Score
David Rooker ‏@dgrooker 3h
@theDudeofWV Storrs is only 86 miles from Boston. Are there enough eyes watching UConn in that area to justify bringing them into the B1G?

Christopher Lambert‏@theDudeofWV
@dgrooker Ratings say no. But there is a path to $ by adding UCONN via YES network. Is it enough?

One B1G source says YES fee is approx. $2.99. It could triple. Is that a hint?

My gut says the UCONN stuff is false. I think, based on sources, the B1G waits on the B12.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I swear these W.V. guys have the online information version of a ponzi scheme going.

They set each other up with false rumors, and then affirm or debunk them based on "sources."

It really is funny how these guys work. Why do they do it? Is there a monetary angle that I am missing or this or is it just for sport?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom