Non-Key Tweets | Page 139 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
MH ver3‏@MH ver3 9h9 hours ago
Informed by my old BigEast(AAC) contact that several CUSA schools have been contacted regarding possible membership. Marshall included.

Jerry Casser ‏@RUJerry 9h9 hours ago
@MH ver3 Is that 2 replace potential defectors?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 9h9 hours ago
@RUJerry yes

Marc Ostroff ‏@agentmdo 9h9 hours ago
@MH ver3 if big12 doesn't expand AAC not expanding for the sake of expansion correct?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 9h9 hours ago
@agentmdo correct. They have enough mouths to feed as it is

MH ver3 @MH ver3 · 9h 9 hours ago
Also hearing that FOX will help finance new additions(B12)as long as they meet certain criteria and if B12 will extend contract +GOR

B12 will not make any moves until at least April or May.Wants all options available(deregulation) and sufficient time to work tv deals

However the MWC is also a bit nervous about what the future may hold as well and are also developing contingency plans

UT AD still believes the B1G will raid the ACC again destabilizing it giving B12 better options but they seem to be alone in their thinking

Scott ‏@dodgerjazzcougs 8h8 hours ago
@MH ver3 none of this sounds good for BYU

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 8h8 hours ago
@dodgerjazzcougs BYU is the only school out there that actually adds value without pulling strings. If we expand I think they are in

Scott ‏@dodgerjazzcougs 8h8 hours ago
@MH ver3 I agree on the value just worried that the conference thinks BYU is to far away and more difficult to handle

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 8h8 hours ago
@dodgerjazzcougs I think that adding both Cincy and Memphis is conference suicide. BYU HAS to be one or it all falls apart.

If the B12 added BYU and Memphis and Memphis didn't take a dime but actually paid to join, plus CCG...that's a lot of added value.

MH ver3 @MH ver3 · 8h 8 hours ago
To get the best increased footprint for tv and get the best 2 programs available I think it would have to be BYU/Cincy

Marc Ostroff ‏@agentmdo 8h8 hours ago
@MH ver3 how can u say provo n natti bring larger footprint than tampa/orlando....do you see media market rankings

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 8h8 hours ago
@agentmdo combination of markets and tradition. BYU is a national brand. Ohio is a big state

MH ver3 @MH ver3 · 2h 2 hours ago
clarifying from earlier:Marshall was contacted by AAC not Big12! LOL

MH ver3 @MH ver3 · 44m 44 minutes ago
B12 has worked quickly to silence people within on anything related to expansion or a CCG.

MH ver3 @MH ver3 · 43m 43 minutes ago
The fact that the board for the B1G got info on it so quickly was very disturbing. B12 doesn't want anyone to know what's going down

Daniel Freer ‏@DWFreer 34m34 minutes ago
@MH ver3 14 member conferences pose scheduling problems...16 member do not...8 team divisions easier to handle. More expansion will happen

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 33m33 minutes ago
@DWFreer some think the B1G wants 20 or more. We shall see.

MH ver3 @MH ver3 · 43m 43 minutes ago
AT LEAST NOT FROM A PUBLIC REPUTABLE SOURCE. As for a random twitter account...well...

MH ver3 @MH ver3 · 40m 40 minutes ago
B12 only ally in deregulation of CCG is ACC. They know the other conferences will try to block this move.

MH ver3 @MH ver3 · 40m 40 minutes ago
Deregulation is still important even if they do expand because some(UT especially) don't want a divisional split ever.

TigerJay ‏@jay_256 38m38 minutes ago
@MH ver3 To hell with what UT wants. They're selfish arrogance is why the Big 12 is in the situation it's in now.

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 37m37 minutes ago
@jay_256 and their giant fanbase is the main thing keeping this conference together. It is what it is

MH ver3 @MH ver3 · 36m 36 minutes ago
B12 is going to spew the same old same old until they act.

Matt Reeder ‏@OurLucille_2 36m36 minutes ago
@MH ver3 who is to blame for the louisville debacle?

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 35m35 minutes ago
@OurLucille_2 WVU.

Matt Reeder ‏@OurLucille_2 34m34 minutes ago
@MH ver3 thought they wanted reasonable travel?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 33m33 minutes ago
@OurLucille_2 it was us or them. The Ville and Rutgers were next on deck but flirtations with FSU and Clemson ruined that.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 32m32 minutes ago
@OurLucille_2 and don't get me started on Notre Dame.

MH ver3 @MH ver3 · 35m 35 minutes ago
I know for certain the AAC is already lining up the dominos to fall in if they have attrition.

Matt Spellacy ‏@MSpellacy 32m32 minutes ago
@MH ver3 can you expound on this statement?

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 31m31 minutes ago
@MSpellacy see earlier tweets. My AAC contact is impeccable. I had all the news first when Catholics split and when SDSu and BSU jumped

@MSpellacy if you only knew how close the old BigEast was to being saved by MD, BC, and ND...

Matt Spellacy ‏@MSpellacy 30m30 minutes ago
@MH ver3 so if ACC gets raided they have a contingency plan in place, essentially..?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 30m30 minutes ago
@MSpellacy AAC

Matt Spellacy ‏@MSpellacy 16m16 minutes ago
@MH ver3 sorry, misread. UConn hosed again...sigh

MH ver3 @MH ver3 · 35m 35 minutes ago
Just like I promise you that the meetings with Cincy and the others happened as well. Lots of back-tracking going on now.

MH ver3 @MH ver3 · 33m 33 minutes ago
Uconn getting hosed the most. Boston College and distance from the south and Midwest killing them

Carmon Wilson ‏@Cdub_99 32m32 minutes ago
@MH ver3 Gun to your head. Who are the two team the Big 12 takes today if a decision were to be made today?

@Cdub_99 I still believe Cincy and BYU

Brad Weiss ‏@UConnPittDad 33m33 minutes ago
@MH ver3 it's a shame. Top 20 public University. Great sports on a whole.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 33m33 minutes ago
@UConnPittDad the only BlueBlood not in a P5

Brad Weiss ‏@UConnPittDad 31m31 minutes ago
@MH ver3 makes no sense. Unbelievable football & basketball practice facilities. They would bring NY & NE to Big 12. Lots of TV sets.

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 29m29 minutes ago
@UConnPittDad agreed. But if Pitt had been patient then Uconn, Pitt, WVU, and Syracuse would all be in the B12 now. Imagine the basketball!!

Dennis Barnes ‏@uconndennis 32m32 minutes ago
@MH ver3 the only constant of CR is to make sure UConn gets kicked in the nuts

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 30m30 minutes ago
@uconndennis yet they still keep winning titles.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Informed by my old BigEast(AAC) contact that several CUSA schools have been contacted regarding possible membership. Marshall included.

Oh my god, we are Marshall?!

Reaction Score
People just like to blather for no reason...The Big 12 isn't dissolving.

Top 5 Athletic Departments:
Texas

Top 10
Oklahoma

Top 25
Oklahoma State
Kansas

Top 50
West Virginia
Texas Tech
Kansas State (40)
(TCU)
(Baylor)
Iowa State (50)

Connecticut (48)

Cincinnati (51)

So there are two premium properties that people would take on a non top 50 AD, but Kansas doesn't have enough sway to bring along Kansas State, and Oklahoma doesn't have to take care of Oklahoma State persay. When 6 of your teams are not very valuable, they aren't going to vote to destroy the conference which pays assloads of money.

Now when the GOR expires, well Iowa State and Texas Tech might be joining us in the AAC(k)...(please God, no...get us all out of here...)
imagine if uconn had p5 revenue streams

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
imagine if uconn had p5 revenue streams
Yes. I would love for someone with the time to review all P5 conf team's individual revenues and then put us in each conference pulling out AAC TV/Bowl money and replacing it with each conferences TV/Bowl money to see where we would rank. I assume we would be in the top half of most conferences.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Yes. I would love for someone with the time to review all P5 conf team's individual revenues and then put us in each conference pulling out AAC TV/Bowl money and replacing it with each conferences TV/Bowl money to see where we would rank. I assume we would be in the top half of most conferences.

I would like this too...but am FAR too lazy to put it together. UCONN jumps up into the Top 30 I would think, right?

Reaction Score
Big10 - You have 18 teams instead of 16. I believe, if any conference goes to 20, it's the Big10. I think that if your scenario presents itself, Delany will grab that in a heartbeat. They would need 2 more teams to get to 20 (18 would be a mess to schedule). Who would those teams be? In a perfect scenario, the two teams would be split up between the East and West. It would allow for pods to bring back some original groupings.

Pod A: Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Some Western School
Pod B: Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Illinois
Pod C: Indiana, Michigan, MSU, OSU, Purdue
Pod D: UConn, Rutgers, PSU, UMD, Some Eastern School

The groupings would be consistent with prior arrangements and historical rivalries, at least in Pods A,B, and C. Geographically, you couldn't ask for anything better. In Pod D, you have Paterno's Eastern league started in PSU, Rutgers, and UMD. UConn fits in there very well. One other Eastern school would top it off.

Depending on who the other two teams are, this is a powerhouse of unquestioned merit in both football and basketball.

In my dream, I'm waking up right when Kate Upton and Marilyn Monroe are trying to seduce me.

The wildcard there is with the access to Texas and the Northeast, would ND finally suck it up and be that 20th team in the B1G. Imagine that. ND would be the 5th team in the Eastern Pod. The football schedule would be 4 pod games, 3 (1 against rotating cross division games and then an 8th game that would be a conference semi-final for the 4 pod leaders and an additional cross-over for everyone else. That allows for each team to still have 3 non-conf games and a championship game.

Reaction Score
The wildcard there is with the access to Texas and the Northeast, would ND finally suck it up and be that 20th team in the B1G. Imagine that. ND would be the 5th team in the Eastern Pod. The football schedule would be 4 pod games, 3 (1 against rotating cross division games and then an 8th game that would be a conference semi-final for the 4 pod leaders and an additional cross-over for everyone else. That allows for each team to still have 3 non-conf games and a championship game.

It would be better than the current Big Ten, that is for sure.

But, just a fan's opinion here, I doubt ND would want anything to do with even this Frankenstein of a Big Ten.

Where is the playing of games in the Southeast for recruiting exposure?

Eight games is too many, not leaving room for series with other conferences (games against schools like FSU, Miami, Georgia, Arizona State, , the Navy game and the Southern Cal and Stanford games for West Coast exposure).

It would still be putting ND under the thumb of the Big Ten, which ND has struggled mightily to avoid. I don't think ND would join it.

There are also the small matters of the ACC GOR, the ACC exit fee and the contract that says that if ND is forced to join any conference for football before 2027, it has to be the ACC.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This more of an olympic sport issue and not football, correct?
Obviously, gridiron games are not an issue for BYU as so few college games are scheduled on Sundays. Yes, it's primarily an issue for other sports (men and women) and not just possible NCAA tourney hoop games. The further a school travels, the more often 2 games are scheduled, e.g., Friday night and Sunday afternoon. Maybe not a limiting factor looking forward, but it's certainly been cited as a past issue for BYU.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It would be better than the current Big Ten, that is for sure.

But, just a fan's opinion here, I doubt ND would want anything to do with even this Frankenstein of a Big Ten.

Where is the playing of games in the Southeast for recruiting exposure?

Eight games is too many, not leaving room for series with other conferences (games against schools like FSU, Miami, Georgia, Arizona State, , the Navy game and the Southern Cal and Stanford games for West Coast exposure).

It would still be putting ND under the thumb of the Big Ten, which ND has struggled mightily to avoid. I don't think ND would join it.

There are also the small matters of the ACC GOR, the ACC exit fee and the contract that says that if ND is forced to join any conference for football before 2027, it has to be the ACC.

I agree that ND will only join a conference if it has no other way to ensure itself a path to the football playoffs and that the ACC is ND's preferred destination. Thus, assuming that ND does have to join a conference, would a B1G with members in the Northeast and Texas plus lower Olympic Sport travel costs as ND can take a bus to schools in IL, IN, OH, and MI than the ACC (assuming they West Virginia, Cincinnati and another school or two)? ND's football team would get 2 east coast games a year (alternating home/away games with Penn St, Maryland, Rutgers, and UConn), and an opportunity to play 1 game every other year in the south central (Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska) and still have 3 to 4 (assumes an 8 game league schedule) open slots for it's rivalry games with Navy, USC, etc.

Pods
East: 1) Maryland, 2) ND, 3) Penn St, 4) Rutgers, 5) UConn
North: 1) Indiana, 2) Michigan, 3) Michigan St, 4) Ohio St, 5) Purdue
West: 1) Illinois, 2) Iowa, 3) Minnesota, 4) Northwestern, 5) Wisconsin
South: 1) Kansas, 2) Missouri, 3) Nebraska, 4) Oklahoma, 5) Texas

Each team schedule: 4x Pod games, 3x cross-pod games with 1 from each pod, 1x 'open' game with pod leaders playing each other (semi-final) & everyone else assigned, 1x optional conference champion game for 2 teams (semi-final winners) = 8 league games, 3 or 4 OCC games.

As for the contract, it's ND, I am sure there is a loophole or an out clause in the ACC contract somewhere just based on the experience that the Big E had with ND.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Intra-state political issues with KState, but which philosophical differences do you perceive between KU and the SEC?

It's the south for one. Lawrence, KS is not the south. B1G would work just fine. SEC? No. (this is my take a native of KS, 4 generations back and a graduate of the school).

Reaction Score
It's the south for one. Lawrence, KS is not the south. B1G would work just fine. SEC? No. (this is my take a native of KS, 4 generations back and a graduate of the school).
Fair enough, but that's more geographic and cultural than a philosphical difference.

pj

Reaction Score
See history on Bleeding Kansas. Lawrence was the center of it. I think it would take an awful lot for KU to join the SEC, not impossible, but not likely.

All it would take is the SEC to offer and the B1G to refuse an offer.

But, the B1G is more likely to offer Kansas than the SEC, so ... they'll be in the B12 or B1G. Remote chance at the Pac.

Reaction Score

The only things that could pull KU to the SEC is money, Mizzou and Kentucky.

Reaction Score
See history on Bleeding Kansas. Lawrence was the center of it. I think it would take an awful lot for KU to join the SEC, not impossible, but not likely.
Jayhawks vs Redlegs history?Quantrill? raiders I assume!?! Interesting bloody history. I think Lawrence was headquarters?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Jayhawks vs Redlegs history?Quantrill? raiders I assume!?! Interesting bloody history. I think Lawrence was headquarters?

Yes. There is a reason the brewery in Lawrence is called the Free State Brewery. :) Still Zoo Cougar is right that with no other options, they'd consider the SEC. But that won't happen.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 @MH ver3 · 1h 1 hour ago
Heard today that if B12 gets a waiver for CCG it will only be used with 10 teams for 2015-after that they plan to be larger

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 43m43 minutes ago
B12 likely lost $14 million by being snubbed in the playoffs this year

Robert Brandi ‏@BYUBuff 37m37 minutes ago
@MH ver3 that's a $14 million loss they don't have to share with more teams. You know what they say about Karma.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 34m34 minutes ago
@BYUBuff So by not having a CCG and not making the playoffs the B12 may have actually lost $ or at the least broken even vs having 2 more

MH ver3 @MH ver3 · 45m 45 minutes ago
Not to mention CCG revenue we could have-appx $20 million from FOX or ESPN and an additional $5 million from Jerry

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 39m39 minutes ago
FOX has pledged to rework the B12 contract if the additions can increase the conference's national footprint by 1 timezone and at least 25%

Sean F Hosley ‏@sfhosley 38m38 minutes ago
@MH ver3 25% in miles or people?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 37m37 minutes ago
@sfhosley tv sets

rip van winkle ‏@ripvdub 22m22 minutes ago
@MH ver3 Florida...

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 21m21 minutes ago
@ripvdub florida would add nearly 8 million more so there is value there. Ohio adds about 4 million more and thats appx what they need

rip van winkle ‏@ripvdub 17m17 minutes ago
@MH ver3 Now that they are actually in and playing games, no one really cares that Maryland and Rutgers suck in FB. #B1G

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 14m14 minutes ago
@ripvdub the brand elevates the team. We witnessed this when the New BigEast elevated Louisville, USF, and cincy

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 27m27 minutes ago
Big12 currently has a footprint of a paltry 16 million tv households. So any additions will have to add at least 4 million more

Lawrence Ewaldt ‏@ProfsrChaos 25m25 minutes ago
@MH ver3 #UCF & #USF TV markets combine to be ranked 4th in the nation = win

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 23m23 minutes ago
@ProfsrChaos sets by state. Not just Markets

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 22m22 minutes ago
@ProfsrChaos although WVU gets credit for more than the .8 million households in our state thanks to some overlap in DC and PA

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 22m22 minutes ago
@ProfsrChaos the same is true for the Kansas schools and the overlap in Missouri

MH ver3‏@MH ver3 26m26 minutes ago
The extra timezone gives Fox an extra slot to put a B12 match-up in every other week.

Alex ‏@AlexAmend08 25m25 minutes ago
@MH ver3 so..what combination with byu gets the b12 to the 25% footprint increase?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 21m21 minutes ago
@AlexAmend08 BYU brings about 1 million(not nationally-just state and market) so realistically florida, ohio, NC, NY/NJ metro, Tenn

pj

Reaction Score
So UCF gets credit for all of Florida, Cincy for all of Ohio, WVU for West Virginia, DC, and Pennsylvania?

If these are really the metrics Fox is looking at, then UConn has to rank highly.

Reaction Score
So UCF gets credit for all of Florida, Cincy for all of Ohio, WVU for West Virginia, DC, and Pennsylvania?

If these are really the metrics Fox is looking at, then UConn has to rank highly.
We probably don't even get credit for all of CT, let alone the boston/NY metro areas.

Reaction Score
We probably don't even get credit for all of CT, let alone the boston/NY metro areas.

You are probably correct. According to the 10 Commandments of Realignment, #1-#6 are: If it kicks UConn in the nuts, then it is best for realignment purposes. Thy will be done, Amen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom