Nolan/Amida | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nolan/Amida

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Man, I hope you don't have any kids. A few mistakes and them. No goodwill for them. Ever.

Tyler screwed up. Paid the price. He's a 20 year old young man. And he will provide 5 fouls and hopefully give solid minutes off the bench. But he's a local kid playing for his dream school. I guess I'm just more of a "give the kid a break" than "screw him"... If Ollie's cool with Tyler, then so am I.

First off, where did I ? I'm stating the facts. People make mistakes and that's fine. However, I just don't buy that it's some feel good story.

The story if Tyler olander will not likely be featured on the hallmark channel, that's all I'm saying.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Tyler is a great story. Local kid who has managed to carve out a niche on a national big time team. I'm proud of him. Having said that, I think it's pretty clear to most everyone that he's not the answer for an extended period of time. But he does bring experience to the table and I'm glad we have him.

I find it interesting that we were all so ecstatic when Facey was cleared, and after the first game, we realize he's not going to be THE major player in the post - Brimah and Nolan are. Love Facey's upside, but he has some developing to do it seems...

I could be wrong cuz maybe there are a few Facey sycophants here but I always thought, and read, the opinions here that he was going to be quality depth at his position. Not THE guy.

Reaction Score
What's with all the drama- lord!

If TO is our starting center we are not that good a team. I am not knocking TO just stating a fact. I agree with Fishy - go with the potential of the newer centers- we know what we get with TO starting and it is not enough to take us where we want to go this year. He has a role to play (get it)- but it is not our starting center.

Reaction Score
Man, I hope you don't have any kids. A few mistakes and them. No goodwill for them. Ever.

Geez! Chillax, dude. He just spoke his opinion and you already cursed his offspring to extinction? You seems to be of quick trigger type.

Tyler screwed up. Paid the price. He's a 20 year old young man. And he will provide 5 fouls and hopefully give solid minutes off the bench. But he's a local kid playing for his dream school. I guess I'm just more of a "give the kid a break" than "screw him"... If Ollie's cool with Tyler, then so am I.

I just have one question for you, IS HE IN HIS SENIOR YEAR? I don't care if he is 18. He is a loose cannon and he needs to grow up and we are not talking about BB skills.

BTW, I don't know UconnHuskBask from Adam.

Reaction Score
Great story? Way to lay it on thick.

Guy was a scholarship player and hasn't gotten any better since his freshman year.. Now maybe he wasn't cut out for this level ( likely ) but he's certainly not earned himself any goodwill with his off the court antics either.

The only story I care about is that a freshman from Storrs came in and scored the first baskets against Kentucky in the F4, and then drove his shoulder into the neck of that jorts-wearing-hillbilly and made him cry. For that, I am eternally grateful to Tyler Olander.

Reaction Score
Frankly, I think either Phil or Tyler will start initially, but Amida will be getting a lot of playing time. By the end of the year, I'm hoping Amida will have developed enough to start. Right now I'm just glad we have four big guys to spread the low post fouls around.

Reaction Score
Tyler's a known quantity at this point. He's the guy that anchored a front court that ranked 233rd in the country in rebounding last year.

He plays hard, but he's marginal at this level - we need rebounding and he's a guy who will deliver 3.5 rebounds in 20 minutes a game. He's had two double-digit rebound games in his career and they were back to back against Maine and Coppin State two years ago. All things considered, Giffey is a more productive rebounder than Tyler - if he gets 21 minutes again this year, we're not very good.

Far better to sink or swim with the higher upside of Brimah and Nolan and keep Olander as a five-foul plan C at center.

great analysis

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Amida's upside is huge and merits increased minutes just to get him some experience. However, given his propensity to foul (not an uncommon problem for a freshman), his minutes will be limited.
PN clearly looks to be our best rebounder and he is playing with a lot of confidence and clearly he looks a good bit stronger than last year, so based on one scrimmage, he deserves the lion's share of minutes at this point IMHO.
TO didn't play poorly on Wednesday and the way he gets trashed on this board is getting old. I certainly agree that he should not be playing the majority of minutes at this point but he does deserve to be in the rotation.

KF is a freshman, who just played in his first scrimmage. JLamb didn't look ready for big time basketball until nearly half-way through his freshman season, so it is far to soon to criticize the young man. He did show a good knack for rebounding and had a good finish on one drive, shifting the ball from one hand to the other while in the air. He also has very good foot speed for his height, which will come in handy against opponents with bigs who are good perimeter shooters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom