Nike Hoops Summit | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Nike Hoops Summit

Reaction Score
Tough game to watch. Too much one-on-one basketball and poor shot selection. Lots of size on both teams.

Reaction Score
Wasn't able to catch the game last night. Is there a link to the boxscore available?

Reaction Score
Good rebounder, makes layups, shot 1-6 on FTs. Reminds me a bit of Belibi.
Yeah, her outside shooting needs to improve. Still perplexed as to why it hasn't in four years. She's played with one of the best coaches in prep ball and had access to resources through Canada Basketball to develop that not a lot of kids get here. Let's see what happens when she gets on campus in Durham.

Reaction Score
Yeah, her outside shooting needs to improve. Still perplexed as to why it hasn't in four years. She's played with one of the best coaches in prep ball and had access to resources through Canada Basketball to develop that not a lot of kids get here. Let's see what happens when she gets on campus in Durham.
Fournier actually has good form and a decent release on her FTs. But that doesn't really matter that much if she doesn't have feel and depth perception. Plus she's never been taught how to use her best asset (her vertical jump) to go up straight to shoot in traffic from any distance. Her ceiling may just be a Dennis Rodman type player who's offense is restricted to 10 feet. But she could still help a team in several other ways.

Reaction Score
Duke and Coach Lawson are getting one heck of a player in Toby Fournier!! Holy smokes!! She is good.
I wanted Connecticut to make a big push for her last year when she played in this game. I don’t know if they ever did she would fit really well.

Reaction Score
Good rebounder, makes layups, shot 1-6 on FTs. Reminds me a bit of Belibi.
I just love that she is so athletic! Just raw athleticism out there. The other stuff will come in time. She is still pretty new. She is a fan of EDD and Candace Parker. She is going to be a solid player. She is in great hands with Coach Lawson.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Fournier actually has good form and a decent release on her FTs. But that doesn't really matter that much if she doesn't have feel and depth perception. Plus she's never been taught how to use her best asset (her vertical jump) to go up straight to shoot in traffic from any distance. Her ceiling may just be a Dennis Rodman type player who's offense is restricted to 10 feet. But she could still help a team in several other ways.
With you there, but I still find it perplexing overall.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
We were excited to have the opportunity to see 2 of the 3 incoming frosh, and gotta confess, after watching a bit, we switched channels to watch something else. There was too much 1 on 1 going on, little ball movement. Then, I decided to tune back in and saw the comeback with the full court press, and it was great to see them pull out the victory.

Reaction Score
Kennedy Smith was better than advertised, imo.

I was also really impressed by Koval and Soltau. They moved very well with and without the ball.

ND will be formiddable next season

Reaction Score
Too early to be disappointed in our players. How is Strong’ health? Will Morgan ever be a defender? Allie’s D wasn’t bad. School is out on Her 3 point accuracy.

Reaction Score
That game was a super competitive backyard brawl.

Dawn will not have to coax Edwards to look for her shot.
does she have a good midrange and or three point shot? I've mostly seen her work very close to the basket..........

Reaction Score
If Kayleigh Heckel is running PG, they’ll have to make it work. She’s a floor general if I’ve ever seen one.
Another local kid who got away........I like her game......she's solid.......a bit old school........

Reaction Score
I didn’t watch it, sounds like it was an exciting comeback. These things usually aren’t a display of great team basketball to say the least.

Feel bad for Morgan that USA were -22 in the 12 minutes she was on the floor. +/- is a flawed stat, but must have been a tough game for her. Again, these types of games are a better showcase for players who like to take a ton of shots and Morgan seems more like a UConn type team-minded player.

Reaction Score
I didn’t watch it, sounds like it was an exciting comeback. These things usually aren’t a display of great team basketball to say the least.

Feel bad for Morgan that USA were -22 in the 12 minutes she was on the floor. +/- is a flawed stat, but must have been a tough game for her. Again, these types of games are a better showcase for players who like to take a ton of shots and Morgan seems more like a UConn type team-minded player.
That game was literally painful to watch! Not the kind of game I would expect any of our recruits to shine in. I could hardly believe how bad that first half was. Just a series of bull rushes into a crowd under the basket followed by a wild, out of control shot. The offense really wasn’t much better in the second half but they were able to completely fluster the World team with their defense. Really an ugly game though, and not one that should be used as any kind of evaluation tool.

Reaction Score

I don't care if she scored 40 points or was on the floor when her team gave up 100 points.........my evaluation of any future UConn player isn't swayed by their performance in any single game, especially an all-star game..........I'm pretty confident that Cheli is a multi-talented glue player who will thrive in Geno's system.......

Reaction Score
World came to play and finally the US team figured that out. The US came to showboat. Just horrible team ball. Nine assists on 79 shots!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
World came to play and finally the US team figured that out. The US came to showboat. Just horrible team ball. Nine assists on 79 shots!

I didn't see showboating, just a lack of cohesion among players not familiar playing with each other. No real PG's either. Morgan clearly is a wing.

Reaction Score
I didn't see showboating, just a lack of cohesion among players not familiar playing with each other. No real PG's either. Morgan clearly is a wing.
Maybe I'm using the wrong word. Selfish works. Passing to open teammates versus going one on 3 is selfish to me. And passing, the simple kind, doesn't require familiarity. They can't be any less familiar than a team from a bunch of different countries. Maybe she is a wing, but in her defense it's hard to get a flow when you're in and out of the game sometimes in consecutive possessions.

Reaction Score
I remember Coach Valley following Ajsa Sivka a while ago. I heard a couple times on the broadcast that she wasn’t sure if she wanted to play Collegiately, would be draft eligible next year. 6’4, can shoot the heck out of the ball and played some good defense. She would’ve been a great pickup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom