Nike Hoops Summit | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nike Hoops Summit

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Aren't there a couple of Swords? Like Citron, a couple of local kids that got away from UConn.........I remember screaming about UConn going after Citron when she was a junior in high school...........she already was showing she had the goods back then.......

Yes, younger sister Savannah.

Reaction Score
Aren't there a couple of Swords? Like Citron, a couple of local kids that got away from UConn.........I remember screaming about UConn going after Citron when she was a junior in high school...........she already was showing she had the goods back then.......
Yes. Savvy Swords is a 2025 I believe. A tad taller than Syla.

Reaction Score
Well, this is just embarrassing! The US seems to have one play; get the ball, ignore your teammates, and bull your way to the basket and throw up a prayer! I can’t even count how many times Allie was standing at the arc with no one within 10 feet of her while the ball handler ignored her (or anyone else) and threw up a shot that would get them benched immediately on most teams! I’m the first to admit that these “all-star games are rarely well played but this one is particularly egregious! Hence the score, I suppose. Hopefully they will clean this up at halftime and we will see them try to play team basketball! So far, the most impressive thing from the US is how bad they are from the line!

Reaction Score
The World team plays intense defense and is the most physical team I've ever seen play what's essentially an exhibition.

Not a half to write home about for Morgan Cheli.

Shocked UConn didn't recruit Swords.
Re Swords, she may not have gotten on their radar in time. Both sisters were playing for a program in Sudbury ON for a while and they may not have been at events where UConn coaches were at.

Reaction Score
USA on a run and game is now World 73 USA 72 7:51 left. Press defense has caused USA to get a lot of turnovers

Reaction Score
Not sure if I like the us coach going to full court press the whole second half. I get it to get back in the game but this is like a showcase. I know it sounds a bit soft but idk. I don't feel like I got to see the world teams talent on display cuz they were s bit rattled by all the trapping and the full court press.

On a UConn note, liked what I saw from Morgan, once again, looks really like a point guard at 6'2.

Reaction Score
Ajsa Sivka promising, reminds of Abrosimova, reasons for which I have no idea :).

Morgan Cheli has a quite decent handle. Allie Ziebell never found a way into the offense - or at least the team never found a way to engage her.

Reaction Score
That was an ugly but exciting game. Looks like there are quite a few kids who could have impressive freshman seasons. Hopefully we have three such kids!

Reaction Score
Looks like they’re at least making some free throws now. Still no passing
That game was a super competitive backyard brawl.

Dawn will not have to coax Edwards to look for her shot.

Yeah, once she gets the ball, don’t expect to get it back! ;)

Reaction Score
Dawn will not have to coax Edwards to look for her shot.
To say the least. lol For most of the 1st, 2nd and early 3rd quarters seemed the US approach was Edwards and 4 who cares. They adjusted to team ball, great team D, and the game flipped. Imagine that...

My mates used to call such plays - "Give and go to <expletive begins with "h">. :D

Reaction Score
Really? I had the opposite thought, not enough balls to go around for Smith and Juju who are both ball dominant imo.
Smith defends very well rebounds well and was probably
The only one who took good shots
Either way she can flat out play
And the 6-1 not so much
Closer to 5-11

Reaction Score
Smith defends very well rebounds well and was probably
The only one who took good shots
Either way she can flat out play
And the 6-1 not so much
Closer to 5-11
I wasn’t impressed. Good motor but couldn’t pass and her game was just go one on one each time. Will fit in perfectly to that USC “offense” I guess.

Reaction Score
I wasn’t impressed. Good motor but couldn’t pass and her game was just go one on one each time. Will fit in perfectly to that USC “offense” I guess.
Interesting take I thought she was clearly the best talent
Tough crowd to impress!!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

Smith's an excellent passer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom