Nike Hoops Summit | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Nike Hoops Summit

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
I couldn't keep my eyes off Sivka, Fournier and Swords.

Ajša Sivka is a very nice player. Fournier's motor is very impressive. Disappointed we weren't in Swords' radar. KBA is getting a couple of good ones in Syla and Olson.

Reaction Score
UConn really needs to hit the portal hard for a big rebounder. This game is a huge reminder!
Thats' why they have Sarah. She is supposed tremendous rebounder.

And the game is more than rebounding. We saw last year South Carolina lose despie crushing Iowa on the boards.

The game overall comes down to basketball players.

I would love a fundamentally sound tall expereinced post that is well-versed in all of the fundamentals.

Reaction Score

I found this year's World Team representation much more interesting than last year. In 2023, only two players from this team were headed for the NCAA for the following season. This time, 9 players will be in the NCAA when the next season starts. Two of the 3 players who won't make it are not there yet, Olivia Vukosa, Class 2026 and Daria Biriuk Class 2025. That leaves only Ajsa Sivka, who will turn 19 on November 23. Last year, the two players who headed for the NCAA were Diana Collins at Ohio State and Leyticia Vasconcelos at Baylor, both of whom failed to make the grade for their teams. Unfortunately, once again this year, the #1 player in the country wasn't in uniform (Sarah Strong) and even the #2 (Jaloni Cambridge), although the week before, they were from Chipotle Nationals and seemed to be doing very well. Last year, #1 player Juju Watkins, was not in uniform. It's worth mentioning, however, that despite an effort to be better represented this year, there were still some major absentees from the World Team. I'll mention just 4 names: Juste Jocyte (Lithuania), Dominique Malonga (France) Awa Fam and Iyana Martin Carrion (Spain).

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Reaction Score
I don't care if she scored 40 points or was on the floor when her team gave up 100 points.........my evaluation of any future UConn player isn't swayed by their performance in any single game, especially an all-star game..........I'm pretty confident that Cheli is a multi-talented glue player who will thrive in Geno's system.......
I agree, I am very high on Morgan and think she can be an impact player for UConn right away.

Just tough to see she struggled because I know these types of things means a lot to these kids, but it definitely doesn’t mean anything.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Ajsa Sivka promising, reminds of Abrosimova, reasons for which I have no idea :).

Morgan Cheli has a quite decent handle. Allie Ziebell never found a way into the offense - or at least the team never found a way to engage her.
It seemed to me that, with the exception of a couple of players, the US players were being subbed in and out so fast that they had no chance to establish any sort of rhythm.

Reaction Score
I don't care if she scored 40 points or was on the floor when her team gave up 100 points.........my evaluation of any future UConn player isn't swayed by their performance in any single game, especially an all-star game..........I'm pretty confident that Cheli is a multi-talented glue player who will thrive in Geno's system.......
The voice of reason!!
Thnks!!!

Reaction Score
I don’t remember which UConn signee it was but she was handling the ball and reminded me a lot of Nika. UConn has some great talent coming and so does SC. One thing needs to be said that I think some are forgetting, but Edwards was the only big in the game for the US. With Sarah out there really was nobody else.

Edwards does have a short game. She’s very smooth around the rim, but she’s also got a lot of bounce. She’s a relentless rebounder and was All-State in volleyball, basketball and soccer. (She also has a 5.0 GPA and will be studying engineering in the Honor’s College).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom