Next year's starting lineup | The Boneyard

Next year's starting lineup

Reaction Score
I know this is w-a-a-a-y premature, but I can't help thinking about it. Does anyone have any insight as to what Geno plans for next year's starting lineup?

I have heard him tout Azura as possibly the best player in the country, so it's hard to imagine her coming off the bench. And the only starting senior is our point guard. Is he going to shift each other player a position? Ie, make KLS the point guard, Kia the SG...etc? Can Katie even run the point? I know just about everyone on the team is a good passer, but how about ball handling and setting up and running the offense? If he starts Crystal at the point, which would seem logical, either he takes Azura off the bench, or kicks one of the other starters out of the starting lineup, which seems incomprehensible to me.

Out here in WV I don't get the Geno show that you get up there (if you still get them - I haven't even been back to Conn. since 2014). Has anyone on the coaching staff talked about this? Of course, it wouldn't be real politic to talk about moving someone to the bench in the middle of the tournament.

With Azura and Camera and Walker coming in, it certainly will be a nice problem to have. As long as he can keep everyone happy about playing time, that is.

Reaction Score
C Stevens
F Collier
G/F Williams
G/F Samuelson
G Nurse

Nothing else has any logical explanation to me. Geno will add Stevens to the Core Four. He will try other different combos with Dangerfield, Walker, Coombs off the bench.

Expect to see more limited time for Camara, Espinoza-Hunter, Gordon, Butler, Bent, Irwin --- just because of our embarrassment of riches. They will see plenty of time in the future.

Reaction Score
C Stevens
F Collier
G/F Williams
G/F Samuelson
G Nurse

Nothing else has any logical explanation to me. Geno will add Stevens to the Core Four. He will try other different combos with Dangerfield, Walker, Coombs off the bench.

Expect to see more limited time for Camara, Espinoza-Hunter, Gordon, Butler, Bent, Irwin -- just because of our embarrassment of riches. They will see plenty of time in the future.
I know it's early to think about it, but that's the way I see it, too. Of course, all is subject to how each player shows up in pre-season practice, but overall, I cannot imagine a starting lineup without Kia and Gabby as leaders. It's their team to run.

Reaction Score
Naw, I think it's Collier, Williams, Nurse and Samuelson off the bench and Dangerfield leading some transfers and newbies to start.

Reaction Score
so all you really think any of our guards can be efficient at the point? I'm a Celtics fan, and a few years ago our point went down with an injury and the coach moved our SG to point temporarily. It is not looked back upon with fond thoughts by many Celtic fans, I can tell you that. Turns out our SG was great at cutting, defending, and shooting, but lousy at passing and running the offense. oh yeah, and ball handling.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Next year's starting lineup will be as good or better than this year's.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
seen.jpg

I think it will be the four returning starters plus 2018 NPOY candidate Azura Stevens. Crystal, Camara, Walker off the bench. The others struggle for minutes. Geno/Red Auerbach: if you can`t win with 8, you can`t win with 88. No true point guard in my lineup, but big deal. They will figure it out and the pressing defense will be overwhelming. If the offense bogs down, true PG Crystal comes in to get things going.

Reaction Score
IF this year's team wins the NC, then:

F/C Stevens
F Collier
F Williams
SG Samuelson
PG Nurse

If no NC this year, or if the above lineup doesn't seem to be working early next year, then Crystal challenges Kia for starting PG.

Reaction Score
so all you really think any of our guards can be efficient at the point? I'm a Celtics fan, and a few years ago our point went down with an injury and the coach moved our SG to point temporarily. It is not looked back upon with fond thoughts by many Celtic fans, I can tell you that. Turns out our SG was great at cutting, defending, and shooting, but lousy at passing and running the offense. oh yeah, and ball handling.

I can't see taking what might be the best player on your team in Stevens and sitting her. How much pg has Chong been running the offense? The problem with your Celts and comparing them vs your Huskies is that UCONN has superior talent vs their league while your celts don't.

I agree with those that say Stevens, Collier, Williams, Lou and Nurse. IMO Geno loves his bench to change tempo which he hasn't had a lot of chance to do over the years. Next year he can do it with Danger.

I disagree with FFLD on one point though. I think Camara gets more minutes than Coombs.

Reaction Score
FfldCountyC, agree with the starting lineup; however, depending on the circumstance Batouly or Crystal are first up off the bench. Batouly's had an entire year of practice, and she will be a sophomore. Then Megan is next up.

Reaction Score
C Stevens
F Collier
G/F Williams
G/F Samuelson
G Nurse

Expect to see more limited time for Camara, Espinoza-Hunter, Gordon, Butler, Bent, Irwin -- just because of our embarrassment of riches. They will see plenty of time in the future.
BINGO, that's the" five in the drive for six" (getting a little ahead of myself). I also see many players getting 18 -25 minutes at most.

Reaction Score
I looked for threads on this subject but couldn't find any. or course, I only got through a few pages of threads before I gave it up. point me to a discussion? would love to read more.

Reaction Score
IF this year's team wins the NC, then:

F/C Stevens
F Collier
F Williams
SG Samuelson
PG Nurse

If no NC this year, or if the above lineup doesn't seem to be working early next year, then Crystal challenges Kia for starting PG.

Great line up just a bit lite on ball handling.

Any possibility of a nurse, Lou, walker, Williams , collier lineup come end of the year??

I know AS is the bomb and what to do with CD... . Interesting question. Time will tell no?

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
C Stevens
F Collier
G/F Williams
G/F Samuelson
G Nurse

So you've just relegated Lexi Gordon a six-foot wing player with a skill set and athleticism similar to Walker, just not the hype. AEH is also a fantastic HS player, it's a nice problem to have but leave next year until next year. There are still 3 potential games left in this season.

Reaction Score
So you've just relegated Lexi Gordon a six-foot wing player with a skill set and athleticism similar to Walker, just not the hype. AEH is also a fantastic HS player, it's a nice problem to have but leave next year until next year. There are still 3 potential games left in this season.

Lexi Gordon is going to be better than advertised quicker than most think. She's going to be a star.

Reaction Score
I have another question:

Uconn bench

Danger
Walker
Gordon
Irwin/ BC
Butler

Can this lineup by years end get to a final four?

Reaction Score
Great line up just a bit lite on ball handling.

Any possibility of a nurse, Lou, walker, Williams , collier lineup come end of the year??

I know AS is the bomb and what to do with CD... . Interesting question. Time will tell no?
Think Crystal Dangerfield starts before Walker does. Maybe both, but Stevens starts for sure - you can't sit her down. So when you start Walker you have to pick one of this year's starters to sit down. Who is your pick for the bench?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom