Next year | The Boneyard

Next year

Reaction Score
We should probably have the two best players in the country, it happeared 3 times for us Sue & Swin & Dee, then Tina & Maya, then Breanna and Moriah, then NEXT YEAR
You named some of my favorite Gampel players. Next YEAR--Azzi, Paige, Caroliine, Nika, ICE, Edwards, Ayanna I know i"m missing a few--the point is Geno has been blessed with great players---but I doubt he has had this many all at once.. If Uconn doesn't reach at least the FF next year it won't be for lack of talent and determined players.

Reaction Score
Who will we have next year where? Here’s my sense of the possibilities, starters underlined:

PG: Nika Inês KK (with Paige and Azzi occasionally shifting over)
SG: Paige, Ashlynn (or Azzi sometimes)
W: Azzi (or Paige sometimes), Caroline
PF: Caroline, Aubrey, Q, Ayanna (sometimes Aaliyah or Ice)
C: Aaliyah, Ice, Jana, Amari (sometimes Aaliyah)

Reaction Score
If everyone is healthy next year, I think we have three of the top four players in the country with Paige, Azzi and Aaliyah. But I also have to give props to Caitlin Clark.
Ever heard of Angel Reese, Cameron Brink, Olivia Miles???

Reaction Score
I think the starters will be Aaliyah, Paige, Nika, Azzi and then I think Jana will earn a starting spot. I was more impressed with her play from what I seen than Ayanna and Ice. I saw Ice and Ayanna in a couple of tournaments when they were seniors and they did not stand out.
But ya never know till its GO time so we'll see. But anyway you slice it I think we will have a great team.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
My starting 5 if everything is going good would be
Paige - Azzi - Nika - Caroline - Aaliyah
Two many shooters on the floor at the same time. If Geno wanted to go with a similar lineup like we have now, I would insert Ice in Carolines spot.

Reaction Score
This year’s lineup is one of my favorites. A traditional player in each role.

No one has proven themselves yet, but I’d be starting one of Amari, Ayanna, Ice or Jana alongside Aaliyah. Unless a proven portal big becomes available.

Rebounding and dominant post-play has accounted for every National Championship (maybe Stanford aside?) since UConn’s last. It’s the true key to winning, in my opinion.

Reaction Score
I expect Jana will be a big deal next year: a 6'4 player who plays like a guard, and who has been practicing with the team since early this (calendar) year. The only other incoming player I've seen more than a few seconds of is Ashlynn Shade, who was sensational in last year's Indiana state championship.

JBK

Reaction Score
My starting 5 if everything is going good would be
Paige - Azzi - Nika - Caroline - Aaliyah
What happened to Aubrey ? I pray Caroline heals in the off season so she can contribute or I see her losing some time to Ashlyn

JBK

Reaction Score
Who will we have next year where? Here’s my sense of the possibilities, starters underlined:

PG: Nika Inês KK (with Paige and Azzi occasionally shifting over)
SG: Paige, Ashlynn (or Azzi sometimes)
W: Azzi (or Paige sometimes), Caroline
PF: Caroline, Aubrey, Q, Ayanna (sometimes Aaliyah or Ice)
C: Aaliyah, Ice, Jana, Amari (sometimes Aaliyah)
Aubrey made tremendous strides this year and will only get better. Her defense, rebounding, athleticism and ability to go to the hoop is unique and needed. She will be a top 10 WNBA selection after 1 more year at UConn. We all pray for Caroline to heal 100 percent, but until that happens I cannot see her starting and Ashlynn may surprise many as another Caroline type player

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Next year - Nika, Paige, Azzi, Aaliyah and Jana or Ice.

First off the bench - Aubrey (if she returns) and Caroline.

Reaction Score
Holy smokes! We starting early on this next year stuff.
More like back from a break - it seems these threads have appeared regularly throughout the season. For me, next season discussion can wait until after our guys cut down the nets this season! Absolutely love this group of warriors and will cherish every minute of the upcoming six games that remain for them to play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom