New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 26 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
She was reportedly receiving $700k collective offers mid-season, and her stock only rose during the tournament after the 41-point ISU game. I'd be shocked if U$C didn't offer her at least that.

Perhaps I misunderstood what was stated, but I thought shortly before/after Tara resigned and the rumors started about Iriafen considering transferring because some schools were throwing out NIL numbers in the $700-800k range.

EDIT: see you explained it in another reply.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Why would she? Would it make you happy if she took a look at Dook and decided "nah"?

No. Only one scholarship available. I don't want anyone who isnt at leaat 6'4, a proven interior scorer, rebounder, and can provide at least some rim protection. Chen isn't that.

Reaction Score
I'd put Texas or UCONN over Southern Cal at this juncture, even if they land von Oelhoffen. USC feels a little like LSU this year, adding in a lot of pieces but developing chemistry is far from a given. And most importantly, being good on paper doesn't always translate, especially when trying to gel a lot of talent together. I think USC will be quite good and has potential but I'd put a well built Geno of Vic team ahead of them. Regardless though, it's a MASSIVE get for USC. Making the Final Four should absolutely be a goal/expectation this year.
One thing that helps USC is that there is a clear top dog. Teams tend to have more problems when there’s a lot of new talented people and no established leader. (Eg UConn 98-99)

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
So how are terp fans feeling. I think they've been almost underrated the past couple years in terms of their portal acquisitions. Anyways is this lineup top 3 in Big Ten

Shyanne Sellers
Bri McDaniels
Kaylene Smikle
Saylor Poffenberger
Amari Deberry
If Frese can figure out Deberry and Poffenbarger improves her efficiency they have potential to be quite good. A lot of “ifs” though. I think they’re more in the 4-8 range though after UCLA/USC/Ohio State.

Reaction Score
I'd put Texas or UCONN over Southern Cal at this juncture, even if they land von Oelhoffen. USC feels a little like LSU this year, adding in a lot of pieces but developing chemistry is far from a given. And most importantly, being good on paper doesn't always translate, especially when trying to gel a lot of talent together. I think USC will be quite good and has potential but I'd put a well built Geno of Vic team ahead of them. Regardless though, it's a MASSIVE get for USC. Making the Final Four should absolutely be a goal/expectation this year.
Iriafen Is a lot better than Morrow or Van Lith.

Reaction Score
So how are terp fans feeling. I think they've been almost underrated the past couple years in terms of their portal acquisitions. Anyways is this lineup top 3 in Big Ten

Shyanne Sellers
Bri McDaniels
Kaylene Smikle
Saylor Poffenberger
Amari Deberry
Not Top 3, but potential to be the 4th best team who might challenge OSU for #3. Chemistry is the key word.

Kubek & the other 2 transfers (Te-Biasu and Toure) figure to play important roles too.

Reaction Score
Not Top 3, but potential to be the 4th best team who might challenge OSU for #3. Chemistry is the key word.

Kubek & the other 2 transfers (Te-Biasu and Toure) figure to play important roles too.
I don’t think they’ll be in the picture for the conference title either but I give Brenda a lot of credit for hitting the portal hard and recruiting some frontcourt power which should help with the Terps’ rebounding issues. Chemistry will be a major question mark but thats becoming somewhat of the norm in the portal era. This is a roster that should be super versatile and able to respond to different types of matchups which I think has been one of Maryland’s challenges over the years.

Reaction Score
Is she? It took Iriafen until her third season at Stanford to flourish, right? Morrow has done it since day one at DePaul.
Compare them where they are now (now that one has flourished while the other moved up in competition). Who's better?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Is she? It took Iriafen until her third season at Stanford to flourish, right? Morrow has done it since day one at DePaul.

Morrow was playing against the likes of Butler, Providence, and Xavier. Plus Morrow started from day one. Iriafen had traffic in front of her to contend with.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Compare them where they are now (now that one has flourished while the other moved up in competition). Who's better?

No guarantee Iriafen will be able to play at this past season's same level in 2024-25; she has yet to put together back-to-back elite seasons. Morrow has.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Not even debatable in my mind, but obviously some disagree so I guess it is objectively debatable.

I've watched 3 seasons of Morrow play at an extremely high level, and at two different schools; watched Iriafen do that for 1 out of 3 seasons. While Morrow's perimeter game is not all that, I think it's better than Iriafen's (simply because Iriafen didn't step out beyond the arc but 6 times).

packwrap

The real 'shlynn Shadey
Reaction Score
Morrow still 16pts 10 boards with sec schedule, despite being a very similar player to Reese.

She will be the leader with Fj this year. Where there's plenty of room for criticism is the efforts both at Depaul and LSU to turn her into a guard. 3 pt and overall % not great. As a forward, she's short, but... unbelievable quickness from catch to shot, and a real nose for rebounds.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom