New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

New school commitments by Transfers - March 2024

Reaction Score
Question... how long after announcing entering the portal must a transfer student wait before committing to another school? Is there even a set period one must observe?
Go Huskies?

Reaction Score
Question... how long after announcing entering the portal must a transfer student wait before committing to another school? Is there even a set period one must observe?
Go Huskies?
There is not. Players can list themselves as do not contact if they have already talked to another school and they are going there.

CBus13

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
There is not. Players can list themselves as do not contact if they have already talked to another school and they are going there.
Someone who is more read up on the situations can correct me, but I don't think schools and players can have contact until they are in the transfer portal. Also "Do Not Contact" does not necessarily mean they know their next destination. It could just mean they don't want to experience high school recruiting again where anyone and everyone who is interested can reach out. I'd imagine many students are wrapping up their academic calendar and want to be able to keep things controlled.

Reaction Score
Someone who is more read up on the situations can correct me, but I don't think schools and players can have contact until they are in the transfer portal. Also "Do Not Contact" does not necessarily mean they know their next destination. It could just mean they don't want to experience high school recruiting again where anyone and everyone who is interested can reach out. I'd imagine many students are wrapping up their academic calendar and want to be able to keep things controlled.
Schools are not supposed to, but there are back channels where conversations get started. Coaches have alluded to it especially with NIL being so prominent in the minds of athletes.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Schools are not supposed to, but there are back channels where conversations get started. Coaches have alluded to it especially with NIL being so prominent in the minds of athletes.
My personal thought is that there was always some tampering going on, but it's probably out of control now. A few coaches have alluded to it without naming names. Basically having your players getting recruited by other schools, which is a no no but it's not hard to imagine it's happening.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Took 110+ three's last year and hit about 32%. Huskers is geared to setting up a lot of open launches so I can see her numbers both going up and getting better.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
And an interview, as well ....

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I know most of the rumors had Scott going to LSU. With Zaay choosing Alabama and Scott choosing Auburn, I am (selfishly) glad to see the talent being spread around . . . :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom