New Playoff Format - ACC vs. Big East | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New Playoff Format - ACC vs. Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Charlotte was a lot of fun. Toronto was fun in a different way. I did get to do shots with Alfred Fincher at 9 am in Charlotte - that was certainly fun.

Both of those places suck compared to Scottsdale in almost every way.

Reaction Score
Yeah I remember Louisville after I hit post. Wake Forest right? Yeah I guess that counts technically.
it counts technically? . it counts. it just makes you look petty when you try to discredit it by adding "technically"

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
it counts technically? . it counts. it just makes you look petty when you try to discredit it by adding "technically"

Ok whoooooo it counts. Committed league members have one BCS win. It's over Wake Forest. But certainly lets keep in the Miami games from a decade
ago when comparing the leagues.

Reaction Score
i have to admit you're being generous calling Louisville a "committed" league member.

Reaction Score
Ok whoooooo it counts. Committed league members have one BCS win. It's over Wake Forest. But certainly lets keep in the Miami games from a decade
ago when comparing the leagues.

Wake won the ACC that year. Over Miami and FSU and Clemson.

It counts.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
i have to admit you're being generous calling Louisville a "committed" league member.

Committed when compared to Boise and sure Biz it counts, but not in the court of public opinion where so much of this exists.

Reaction Score
Committed when compared to Boise and sure Biz it counts, but not in the court of public opinion where so much of this exists.

In the court of public opinion, you are 100% correct.

But they won the ACC championship that year. Devaluing Louisville's win in the Orange Bowl is unfair to Louisville, unfair to Wake, unfair to reality and logic and not needed on this board. It's not Louisville's fault, or the Big East's, that the ACC sent a champion with a name on its jersey that didn't meet "the public's" standards.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
In the court of public opinion, you are 100% correct.

But they won the ACC championship that year. Devaluing Louisville's win in the Orange Bowl is unfair to Louisville, unfair to Wake, unfair to reality and logic and not needed on this board. It's not Louisville's fault, or the Big East's, that the ACC sent a champion with a name on its jersey that didn't meet "the public's" standards.

Ok ok. Can the next time someone posts the Big East record in BCS games and they include Miami and Virginia Tech can they get lectured too? :)

Reaction Score
NBC will promote the Big East after it has Big East TV rights. They're not going to try to make the Big East more valuable before they have to pay its value.
Thinking the same thing when the "NBC Sports" logo popped up..
Although I do agree having vt, fsu, Clemson, and gt is a leg up on Boise, UofL, and cincy.

Reaction Score
This is true. IMO it is a positive development. Our Fiesta bowl appearance really did nothing for our football program other than get RE a new job.

BTW there are now 6 "Major Bowls". People shouldn't be so quick to rule out a worthy Big East team getting an invite. It will need to be earned however, unranked teams need not apply. That's the way it should be.

It's not hard to fathom a really good Boise or San Diego St team in the Fiesta bowl, a really good Houston or SMU team in the Cotton Bowl (this is actually a layup), a really good USF, UCF team in the Orange bowl. UCONN's best chance would be a Florida bowl if we were the Big East Champion with one loss and a top ten ranking.
Having the BE champ shooting for one of the "other" bowls should not be our goal. That our champ is relegated to 2nd tier status only builds on the perception that we aren't worthy of the playoff.

Reaction Score
Why is ACC being viewed as a winner in this thing and BE being viewed as a loser? They have a few more historical powers but if Boise keeps it up (I don't believe they are not coming), aren't we more likely to have a team in the playoff than the ACC? In any event, Boise should have better access than before, no? And if anyone else runs the table, don't they most likely get in from BE? Maybe a one loss team gets in from ACC now and then but I wouldn't expect it in most years.

Aren't we in the same boat?

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/26/winners-losers-post-playoff-edition/

This is why... http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...-open-on-playoff-after-accorange-announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom