New Mexico State Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

New Mexico State Post Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
NMST's season average on 3pt attempts was 32.6%. Allen's was 32.7%.

Allen went 4-7 from 3 (57.1%), rest of the team went 7-10.

I have to think part of Hurley's thinking was to let them hoist 3s. They're not good at it. Any other time this season, 17 attempts would yield them 5 or 6 buckets. Except for tonight. That's a huge difference of 15-18 pts.

Honestly, I was embarrassed by the chat Chicken Littles as I knew they'd come back and they did. And then Sanogo fouled on what was sure to be a shot clock violation. And then I got concerned. It's hard to overcome stupid basketball in crunch time.

Anyway, Kansas had a rep for early exits for awhile there... too soon to give up on Hurley.

Reaction Score
My 2 cents: they lacked a sense of urgency, especially in the first half. Seemed like they were playing not to lose.

The season long problem was a lack of outside shooters. It was a disappointing end to the season but they played incredibly hard for almost all of it.

Reaction Score
Hurley obviously did not prepare much for the Aggies. Played man all game. Dude is an idiot.

Probably watched 15 minutes of film.

Reaction Score
Not sure what to expect next year with primarily the same guys. This Unfortunately may be Hurley’s ceiling. At what point do we expect him to win tournament games or he’s gone??? Are we cool with making the tournament every year and losing in the first round. This was unacceptable.

VA Blue Dog

VA Blue Dog
Reaction Score
In first half Polley comes in makes a couple of 3s, we change the momentum and Hurley takes him out.
Sanogo has played badly the last few games and has rushed his shots. Continued to make needless fouls no where near the basket. Cole gets caught in a sideline trap the last minute and no time out is called. Tries to make a desperation pass and results in TO. This is not the first time that has happened. A team that is 242 in the country in 3s shoots 11 for 17, 64.7 %. Horrible O rebounding in 1st half.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
The two dumb fouls on Allen 3s that had no chance were killer.

Just stupid plays.

The turnover that lead to that fake and 1 with 30 seconds left was also bad

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I don’t disagree, but you got @LoyalFanCT picking out a new coach already, let’s be real calling for Hurley to be fired right now is pointless. No hiding that tonight is devastating and unacceptable.
Reading the chat when we are losing is high comedy. We don’t have enough shooters. Hurley didn’t foul any 3 point shooters. Allen is terrific and he made some really well defended shots. Hurley didn’t miss any open 3s. Kentucky loses to St. Peter’s one might notice and. the guy at Creighton everyone says outcoaches Hurley is in a serious fight with San Diego State.

Reaction Score
I never questioned the effort of this team until tonight. The first half spoke for itself. Even to start the 2nd half it wasn't much better. Hurley called a timeout and we showed some intensity for a few possessions but then Allen scored a bucket and the team looked dejected again. They eventually trimmed the lead but the fight, intensity, effort, scrappiness wasn't there tonight for some reason

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I genuinely thought that they were a community college when I saw the matchup lol.
There were at least 3-4 sports guys calling for this upset.

Reaction Score
I’m as disappointed as anyone but can we not start calling for Hurley to be fired. We lost that game not having enough juice in the first half. Teams 30% from 3 and what did they shoot tonight 65%. Unreal. Down 3 before we lost the ball I thought Hurley should have called a timeout, you could see that possession was in trouble.
Very simple explanation why he’s a terrible coach

2 years now; sanogo refusing to pass out of the double team has NOT been coached out of him.

That’s bad coaching. One of MANY examples

Reaction Score
We all know that this team doesn't have enough scorers. Only Cole can break down a defense and score. One of the players we were hanging our hopes on this year is hurt and didn't play. Until we are able to recruit better players that can score we are going to be a team that will have trouble advancing deep into the tournament. There are games this year where either Jackson or Whaley played most of the game and had zero points. That is very hard to believe. Hurley has made some great strides with this program but he will need another recruiting class or two to get this program into the top ten level.

Reaction Score
Very little. At a certain point, you have to hold guys in their 20s responsible. So many unforced errors on the floor that were inexcusable. That isn’t on the coach.
Not the only one. Players do deserve alot. But more than very little. His team. His 1 4 star ready to play, almost. His one pt guard. His slow start 1st halves. None adjustments to a hot hand, Kadaray and others.

It's OK to say he had a hand it this terrible loss. He's the coach. Hope he makes adjustments. Pretty confident he will get better. But he needs to.

Reaction Score
I keep seeing us happy Kentucky lost but it honestly makes me even more insecure, like even if we play incredible and get a 2 seed next year i am gonna be worried we go down in the first round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom