Never ending Jonathan/logo debate | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Never ending Jonathan/logo debate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I already said I'm not totally hating on the new logo, and of course these dudes get new t-shirts from the school or Nike it's going to be the new logo for the most part.

I'm simply saying the old logo is better and more recognizable and attached to our program. I'm actually not saying anything that controversial, I don't hate either one I just find it astonishing that people who grew up watching 90s UConn basketball would hate that logo - it's iconic in my mind.
Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinions. But I think your second paragraph is just completely wrong. It might apply to a large section of this board, but to the recruits and players they grew up with the current logo

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I love these threads.

imagesCAF7ICPE.jpg

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinions. But I think your second paragraph is just completely wrong. It might apply to a large section of this board, but to the recruits and players they grew up with the current logo

Yeah I get it. I didn’t say anything other than my opinion and my astonishment that others didn’t share it, only b/c I thought it was way more in my camp.

I still think it is, but I’m shocked at anyone having the opposite opinion. It’s literally just aesthetic taste and visual association. There’s nothing to be wrong about. I’m wrong that I think it’s iconic and can’t believe people HATE it?

Reaction Score
I’d like to see the throwback white unis with new logo on the pants

Reaction Score
Yeah I get it. I didn’t say anything other than my opinion and my astonishment that others didn’t share it, only b/c I thought it was way more in my camp.

I still think it is, but I’m shocked at anyone having the opposite opinion. It’s literally just aesthetic taste and visual association. There’s nothing to be wrong about. I’m wrong that I think it’s iconic and can’t believe people HATE it?
You're shocked when anyone doesn't like the same things you like?

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Give me alllll of the logos and allll of the alts. The kids like to mix it up and so do I. Let's have some efff -- fng fun guys.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
This is a White Siberian Husky
View attachment 87167

This is a Wolf:
View attachment 87169

Both are beautiful canines. Only the top one is our mascot though.
We've never had a white husky as our logo. That cartoon dog with long fur doesn't resemble your photo at all. It was obviously a Samoyed.

You can prove me wrong by posting any piece of UConn gear with a logo that looks remotely like your top photo.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
You're shocked when anyone doesn't like the same things you like?

Yes, that's exactly what I said. That's the exact context and the exact everything. Nailed it.

You love picking at things that don't need to be picked at, don't you? What purpose did you serve asking that question other than to be snarky and annoying?

I am definitely shocked at any Bills fans that don't love the classic Bills logos like the standing red buffalo and the 90s buffalo. I'd be shocked if a lifelong Yankee fan told me "I HATE the pinstripe uniforms and that stupid NY hat" and I'd be thoroughly flabbergasted if a diehard Celtics fan told me they'd rather the all black uniforms or a "city edition" for a big playoff game with no sign of the clover.

All of those things would surprise me, and that's not even a bit weird. So yes, a fan who grew up loving UConn basketball that actively dislikes the old logo, that did come as a surprise.

I also said 50 different ways, to try to avoid stupid posts like yours, that I don't really care that much, I clearly think that one is iconic and the new one isn't but I don't dislike the new one and I don't care that anyone has that opinion, it just surprises me.

Yes, superjohn, I'm shocked when anyone doesn't like the same things I like.

Reaction Score
Yes, that's exactly what I said. That's the exact context and the exact everything. Nailed it.

You love picking at things that don't need to be picked at, don't you? What purpose did you serve asking that question other than to be snarky and annoying?

I am definitely shocked at any Bills fans that don't love the classic Bills logos like the standing red buffalo and the 90s buffalo. I'd be shocked if a lifelong Yankee fan told me "I HATE the pinstripe uniforms and that stupid NY hat" and I'd be thoroughly flabbergasted if a diehard Celtics fan told me they'd rather the all black uniforms or a "city edition" for a big playoff game with no sign of the clover.

All of those things would surprise me, and that's not even a bit weird. So yes, a fan who grew up loving UConn basketball that actively dislikes the old logo, that did come as a surprise.

I also said 50 different ways, to try to avoid stupid posts like yours, that I don't really care that much, I clearly think that one is iconic and the new one isn't but I don't dislike the new one and I don't care that anyone has that opinion, it just surprises me.

Yes, superjohn, I'm shocked when anyone doesn't like the same things I like.
Thanks for answering my question.

Weird

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
@superjohn flooding other threads responding to me trolling cuz he’s embarrassed he sounds like a moron lolol

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Yes John, I know what NIL is. Just like I know more basketball than you can dream and I know a bad opinion when I see one.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We've never had a white husky as our logo. That cartoon dog with long fur doesn't resemble your photo at all. It was obviously a Samoyed.

You can prove me wrong by posting any piece of UConn gear with a logo that looks remotely like your top photo.
Or… I can shrug my shoulders and not go after the red herring.

The bottom line is since 1935 until the last rebranding, the University of Connecticut’s mascot has always been a white husky. Whether you feel like any particular rendering of that white husky is biologically inaccurate really isn’t particularly relevant, is it?

1681226244354.jpeg

Reaction Score

The bottom line is since 1935 until the last rebranding, the University of Connecticut’s mascot has always been a white husky. Whether you feel like any particular rendering of that white husky is biologically inaccurate really isn’t particularly relevant, is it?

View attachment 87223
They should've gone with a white Husky as their logo instead of a Samoyed, it never made sense to brand yourself after something different than your name. The logo is everywhere and that's what people know you for, most people around the country never see the actual dog.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Isn't it pretty well documented that the UConn Husky is historically a white husky, but also that the artist rendering used his dog which was a Samoyed? Both things can be true?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They should've gone with a white Husky as their logo instead of a Samoyed, it never made sense to brand yourself after something different than your name. The logo is everywhere and that's what people know you for, most people around the country never see the actual dog.

Isn't it pretty well documented that the UConn Husky is historically a white husky, but also that the artist rendering used his dog which was a Samoyed? Both things can be true?
Yep, it’s also true that at least one of the live mascots was a Samoyed husky.

Attachments

• 1681229192051.jpeg
    1681229192051.jpeg
    361.9 KB · Views: 53
Reaction Score
Yes. They should've gone with a Husky logo since they're the UConn Huskies.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

View attachment 87223
As we're discussing logowear, not mascots, it is particularly relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom