ND/PSU [merged] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ND/PSU [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Should be noted that PSU while still down double digits is playing FAR better with Lucas off the court.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
With Lucas on the bench, Penn State has reduced the lead to 10 points (52-42) with just over 10 minutes remaining. It resembles the rally that Penn State staged against UConn at about the same point in the game a few weeks ago.

Reaction Score
Oh heckuva an effort there by Penn State caught on a screen of Mabrey who had the last 2 baskets....not!

Announcer- "Somebody didn't read a scouting report!".

Could be a tagline for a lot of teams.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Mabrey's a 3-point menace, they didn't guard her at all

Reaction Score
PSU keeps cutting the lead to 10....than plays no defense on the next possession.

Love Stephanie White. Unlike many WCBB announcers she calls out a lot of the poor plays out there.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Again (sorry Ice)
Lucas gets the ball and uses 5 seconds + dribbling the ball around trying to get her shot (most often to no avail).
She should take some lessons from Maya.
Finally got a three

Reaction Score
That last foul on Maggie Lucas was bull, not that it would have mattered. The announcer had it right. Kayla let me just get in her way and force the contact, and she'll get the foul. ND won by ten with all their players. Penn St. did not play great, partly ND, partly them. Twenty-two turnovers, killed on the glass and still only lost by ten. When ND plays Duke, that will say a lot, agreed.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The difference in the game was ND's 19 offensive rebound and second chance points. Both teams shot 22 FTs and made most of them. ND made 37% of its shots (compared to PSU's 40%) but ND took 19 more shots.

The score was closer than it should have been considering ML's difficulties and PSU's overall lack of alertness for most of the game.

Reaction Score
With Lucas ineffective, but tying up extra manpower, a good strategy might have been to give up on her on offense and use her as a decoy to set up the other players who seemed to be doing well.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
PSU keeps cutting the lead to 10....than plays no defense on the next possession.

Love Stephanie White. Unlike many WCBB announcers she calls out a lot of the poor plays out there.

YES!!!

And calls the game!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Remove the comparable players from ND as Uconn was missing, say McBride and Reimer and see what the score would have been against Penn State.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Remove the comparable players from ND as Uconn was missing, say McBride and Reimer and see what the score would have been against Penn State.
That's actually pretty accurate too. McBride is one of ND's best, if not best, scorers (guard/wing type like KML), and Reimer is their top player off the bench (forward type - I think Tuck has more range and Reimer is more a pure post but similar none the less).

Reaction Score
Oh heckuva an effort there by Penn State caught on a screen of Mabrey who had the last 2 baskets....not!

Announcer- "Somebody didn't read a scouting report!".

Could be a tagline for a lot of teams.
The same thing could have been said about a few of Maggie Lucas' shots against us. The defender wasn't even in the same time zone...

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Again (sorry Ice)
Lucas gets the ball and uses 5 seconds + dribbling the ball around trying to get her shot (most often to no avail).
She should take some lessons from Maya.
Finally got a three
That was the problem. Maggie does not normally have the ball in her hands as much. Too much one on one ball all around. Poor picks and screens with cutters too wide of the picks. The big problem for PSU is that without Bentley they do not have someone to consistently take the pressure off Maggie and spread the court. Taylor and Edwards need to step up. Worse than that was the officiating was completely different than what has been to date in the PSU games this year. This game had many of the issues I had expected going into the season. I have been surprised at how well the small core of veterans has been playing. If CT's depth is shallow PSU's is non existent. I would be more worried if I was ND given how badly PSU played and ND winning by only 10. Good news for PSU is despite the horrid foul situation and inability to do much with the ball they competed to the end. A loss that was expected; sloppy, disorganized, but not surprising. And despite foul trouble and weary legs they out scored ND in the second half much of it played without Lucas.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Overall, I was not that impressed with ND last night. Maggie Lucas had, arguably, the worst game of her career, unlike against us when she was ON FIYAH, and ND couldn't put them away. PSU overall couldn't hit anything last night, but only lost by 10? Really?...

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Overall, I was not that impressed with ND last night. Maggie Lucas had, arguably, the worst game of her career, unlike against us when she was ON FIYAH, and ND couldn't put them away. PSU overall couldn't hit anything last night, but only lost by 10? Really?...

Was defense the reason for her poor shooting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom