ND at Maryland tonight | Page 4 | The Boneyard

ND at Maryland tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Hola from Cancun! Is this game on ESPN or ESPN2? The resort gets both, but one is in Spanish... And I as am not sure the one in Spanish has the same programming.

I'll check for responses later. Off to happy hour for a delicious margarita in the 79 degree sunshine.
Hola! I was there last January. It's currently 60-70 degrees warmer than the Northeast.

Reaction Score
I am shocked by ND second half play, wow!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looks like you guys spoke too soon about Loyd.

She's incredible. Definitely looks like a First-Team All-American, or at least very close to it.

Reaction Score
Win or lose ND has really been exposed defensively. Where are the stops down the stretch?
ND's weakness is down low defensively. Maryland scored at will inside in the second half.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I never realized how much I hate the Irish until I caught myself rooting for the freakin' turtle. Ugh. I feel dirty. :(

Reaction Score
Since MDs poor performance at the start was due to its poor coaching and lack of offense, I assume that their coach is now great ?

great coaching by Frese..... give the ball to Thomas, she will score, or get fouled

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Takeaways:

Notre Dame gave up 83 points, I just can't imagine us giving up that many.

A lot of Loyd's points in the first half were bunnies, but she surely is a player, defense helps.

With about 2 minutes to go and Maryland pressing, Brenda called a zone and of course they lost Mabret gave her a 3 with no one is sight.
Stupid!

Loyd will get her points, Mc looks pretty good but I think our inaide gamew is beyond ND's ability to defend and we'll attack their shooters.
Achonwa had a mediocre game

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
You never felt like MD was going to get over the hump but I was thankful for a competitive game. That was fun. Especially seeing ND blow a 22 point lead.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame barely escaped. As great as they looked in the first half, they looked that bad in the second half. There is no way Ruttan c

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Good Win for ND as they were tested like UConn was against Baylor. Had enough toughness to gut out the win on the road after Maryland made a great comeback. I was surprised to see ND give up a 22 point lead. Teaching game for both teams. ND Should not have given up a 22 point lead and for Maryland have to got to start the game ready to play. They obviously weren't.

Good National TV game for WBB fans.

Reaction Score
There is no way Ruttan can cover Lloyd. Brenda waited too long at the end to make the defensive switch. My post got cut off.

Reaction Score
great coaching by Frese..... give the ball to Thomas, she will score, or get fouled
In other words, no matter what happens or how maryland plays, the answer always is: frese is a terrible couch.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame's lack of size and post players was so evident in the 2nd half. What Notre Dame does worst, we do best. Alyssa Thomas had her way in the post, and she's only what, 6 ft 2?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
yes, with all the talent she has had, making one final four is pitiful

Im agreeing with you, then I thought about how many final 4's that Coach McCallie has made during her time at Duke :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom