NCAA First Round (Friday) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

NCAA First Round (Friday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BTW it will be interesting to see who prevails - a team that runs offense and plays like a team, or the more athletic team of mismatched parts that prefers a helter-skelter pace...
It may be close, even with the "coaching mismatch." TN is just overwhelmingly physically superior. Just an observation : GB team is 100% Caucasian - on the floor and on the bench. Not big jumpers.

Reaction Score
I really don't get all the hype over DeShield's 'athleticism'. Watching her play, run, walk, stand, she just sags. Even in the few games they won she moves like she has stickum on the soles of her shoes.

Reaction Score
That's a great question. Would love to see someone ask Q that. I suspect that they didn't want the margin of victory to be any closer. Army outplayed them for the entire 2nd half. But not much that that coach does surprises me... :rolleyes:

I don't recall if it was Lawson or Lobo who mentioned this and quickly added, "that's just who they are". The Albany coach looks like a villain from the Adam West era Batman show.

Reaction Score
Uconn played Idaho in the first round of the NCAA tourney in 2013 and won by a score of 105-37.
But you have to admit that Baylor looks downright ferocious against teams that are defensively challenged. Downright.

Reaction Score
Green Bay hanging in there, up 45-44 on TN after 3. TN getting frustrated. Carter got called for a reach-in foul, then shoved the GB girl after the call (and that was a no-call, although the ref saw it and warned her). They showed the replay in the arena and it got the GB fans riled up. GB is keeping up by getting fouled trying to make layups against much bigger defenders. Then making the FTs.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Baylor wins 89-59..

That was my first time watching a full Baylor game and I'm pretty impressed with the lady bears. They can just hit you with wave after wave of bigs... and they have all types.. nifty undersized "bigs" like Davis, dominating centers like Brown, powerful forwards like Mompremier.. Cohen, who's a big but plays like a stretch-4 was hitting jumpers from near the arc... and I'm still "forgetting" 2 or 3 more bigs..

And the backcourt.. I really like Niya Johnson.. she's the definition of an unselfish point guard. Alexis Jones and Wallace provide that dynamic scoring punch.

Baylor looks like a complete team! They have all the parts of a championship caliber squad.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
and of course Tennessee gets the call from the officials. Some things never change. If GB fights back I am sure the shot clock will fail at their expense as well

Reaction Score
Looks like TN is gonna pull it out. Some out-of-character good shooting in last 2 minutes. Up 54-49 on GB with 37 seconds left. Will come back Sunday - one more chance to see superior coaching overcome superior athleticism :cool:

Reaction Score
and of course Tennessee gets the call from the officials. Some things never change. If GB fights back I am sure the shot clock will fail at their expense as well
Win or lose I've seen a lot of smiles on their faces. They'll remember the game against the 'great' Tennessee for the rest of their lives. Their coach reminds me of my favorite upstate New York drunken uncle.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
I switched to Oregon State who is absolutely dismantling Troy, 71-28

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Can someone tell me how Kansas State made into the tourney? Clearly what you do in your conference makes no difference as they went 8-10 in the BIG12

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
It must be the superior SEC layup mojo defense. Gris-gris, don't you know!

Reaction Score
Switched to see another game? All i am offered is ESPN2. Am missing something on TV, not online?

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
I have ATT U-Verse and I get all the games in the sports extended package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom