NCAA First Round (Friday) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NCAA First Round (Friday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

toadfoot

To live will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction Score
Don't see how Chattanooga can beat Mississippi St. Despite their offensive deficiencies, MS has way too much size for Chattanooga.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I want to thank everybody who supported Buffalo for the first 6 minutes of the game... Because it's over now !!!

:(

All ya gotta do is believe!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Because I'm trying to not allow my addiction to put me on a shrink's couch, I rarely permit myself to watch non-UConn games. On those occasions when I do, like today, I am blown away by the precipitous drop-off in the comparative quality of play on the floor that is exhibited by run-of-the-mill teams. I suppose the chalk will mostly hold in these early rounds, I see few teams out there, however highly seeded, that I think are good enough to win ANY games! Not a big surprise that there are so many empty seats, but I find that reality depressing.
What I find interesting is the comparative coaching - you look at the favorites and only occasionally do you see really well coached teams, and you look at the underdogs and many of them while being undersized and out quicker and out talented, still play really good basketball. They lose, but they lose because of talent and certainly not because of coaching.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Louisville is asserting itself now and is up 17. Central Arkansas played really well for the first quarter but seems to be running out of steam trying to keep up with the bigger and more athletic Cards. Myesha Hines-Allen is having a heck of a game for Louisville.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Louisville is asserting itself now and is up 17. Central Arkansas played really well for the first quarter but seems to be running out of steam trying to keep up with the bigger and more athletic Cards. Myesha Hines-Allen is having a heck of a game for Louisville.

Central Arkansas' bigs got in foul trouble. They have no one inside who can match up with Hines-Allen.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just a side note - LOVED seeing Florida go down - fairly big upset when you consider it's a 5-12 game - in the women's game, it's much less common for much lower seeds to upset the higher seeds. Would love to see most the SEC teams out in the first round.

Reaction Score

MHA has had an All-American season. She does so much for the Cards.

Btw, Cards up 51 - 34 to end the half. They're shooting a whopping 62.5% from the floor!!

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Not sure if its nerves or Syracuse defense bur Army looks dreadful. Only 4 points in the 1st quarter and 2 so far in the second.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Central Arkansas' bigs got in foul trouble. They have no one inside who can match up with Hines-Allen.
Big - singular, and I use the word loosely. Central Arkansas has one player over 6', Raquel Logan, who is 6-1. Taya Novokreshchenova, the 6-0 player, has seen the court in only 12 games this season.

Central Arkansas roster

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Assuming Louisville wins, the DePaul match up should be OUTSTANDING!

Reaction Score
I didn't watch the entire game. Anybody know what might be going on here?

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Big - singular, and I use the word loosely. Central Arkansas has one player over 6', Raquel Logan, who is 6-1. Taya Novokreshchenover, the 6-0 player, has seen the court in only 12 games this season.

Central Arkansas roster

Size also is making a difference in the Mississippi State game. Didn't realize the Bulldogs were so big on that frontline. 6-7 and 6-5.

Reaction Score
Not sure if its nerves or Syracuse defense bur Army looks dreadful. Only 4 points in the 1st quarter and 2 so far in the second.

Sadly, it really is an army of one over there. Kinda tough against five bigguns'.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Size also is making a difference in the Mississippi State game. Didn't realize the Bulldogs were so big on that frontline. 6-7 and 6-5.

I really like Chinwe for Mississippi State, she's big but can move around the floor. McGowan, the other big at 6'7, is a freshmen so she still has a lot to learn. She's not entirely comfortable dominating the paint and often gets overpowered by shorter players.. but if she figures things out during the offseason she could be a dominating post player in the SEC next year.

Mississippi State is really on the rise in the SEC.. their recruiting is getting better each year. They have Jacaira Allen coming in next year (she reminds me of FSU's Shakayla Thomas) and a few days ago they just got a commitment from Nyah Tate who will likely be a 5-star guard in 2017.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
I didn't watch the entire game. Anybody know what might be going on here?

Hmmm..

I watched the game so I must have missed something unless its the score. I thought it should have been 60-59 but it said 61 so I assumed I missed a shot somewhere at the end but other than that I am not sure.

Plebe

Reaction Score

Midway through the 2nd quarter they already have 13 turnovers and they're 2-of-13 from the floor. Minato is 0-of-5. Syracuse loves to turn teams over and that's what they're doing here.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
I really like Chinwe for Mississippi State, she's big but can move around the floor. McGowan is a freshmen so she still has a lot to learn. She's not entirely comfortable dominating the paint and often gets overpower by shorter players.. but if she figures things out during the offseason she could be a dominating post player in the SEC next year.

Mississippi State is really on the rise in the SEC.. their recruiting is getting better each year. They have Jacaira Allen coming in next year (she reminds me of FSU's Shakayla Thomas) and a few days ago they just got a commitment from Nyah Tate who will likely be a 5-star guard in 2017.

They also pick up Roshunda Johnson the Oklahoma State transfer who was pretty good in Stillwater.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Miss State up 37-31 over Chattanooga with about 5 minutes left in the third quarter. Yes, 37 points in 25 minutes for a ranked team.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Here comes Chatty. Down only 2 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd...

blaqtech

Longtime Louisville Lover
Reaction Score
All ya gotta do is believe!
Oh... I believe it's over.
Offense is not fluent, just shooting 3's and not playing good defensively. Seem to be a step behind OSU.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It's amazing that Chattanooga is still in this game with only 40 points. So many airballs and missed layups!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
LOL, "both teams struggling today [on offense]" sez the announcer. This might be a case of the first team to 50 wins.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Assuming Louisville wins, the DePaul match up should be OUTSTANDING!

DePaul is one of those rare teams that often plays better away from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom