NC State Post Game Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

NC State Post Game Thread

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Nika’s great at defending a ball handler but she’s been a foul prone disaster at the perimeter. Also, if there were a rebound and UConn got the ball, Geno wanted his best free throw shooters out there. Nika is 25% for the season in FT.
Opposing Big East coaches think otherwise. Until the end the team was shooting 10% from the foul line. The whole team.

Reaction Score
I am not aware that Amari is having academic demands that would preclude her from playing. Piath Gabriel is the player Geno noted was absent due to academic issues.
Yes, that is correct. My cheap shot about academics & playing basketball was not just gratuitous but misdirected.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Information. Never hurts to know more. And it shows that Azzi played the most minutes, and that supports your position.
Always good with information! Sorry, without context I wasn't sure what the connection was.

Reaction Score
I loved CD talking Geno off the ledge after that tying three in 1OT. You could clearly see her mouth "It's okay!" And my favorite part of the game is when Geno was calling the play with 0.8 seconds left in OT and he poked Paige in the eye or damn near it. She gave a funny look like what the heck dude.
The poke in the eye :eek:;):confused::oops:

Reaction Score
This just proves that the rest of women's basketball is catching up to UConn. UConn is still UConn, but there is more parody in the game and it's culminated it probably the most exciting for UConn basketball since the 6OT game between Syracuse men and UConn. Only getting harder from here and these women showed they have the grit to handle it. I think they break through and win it all.
We're just half a decade removed from the Stewie era that dominated for four years, so it's hard to believe that much progress and parity has been made in such a short time. If we were able to bring back the 2014-15 or 2015-16 teams, I think they'd still crush every team in WCBB.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This will all stop next year after the selection committee deliberates for a mandatory 15 seconds and assigns South Carolina (regardless of their seeding) to the Greenville region. The Voepels, McNutts, Antonellis and Parker’s of the media world won’t mention anything about home team
advantage.
Exactly.

CL82

Reaction Score
This just proves that the rest of women's basketball is catching up to UConn. UConn is still UConn, but there is more parody in the game and it's culminated it probably the most exciting for UConn basketball since the 6OT game between Syracuse men and UConn. Only getting harder from here and these women showed they have the grit to handle it. I think they break through and win it all.
Now that game was exhausting. The only thing that would’ve made it better is if we had won it.

CL82

Reaction Score
For what it’s worth, the Jazz station I listen to in the morning on my ride into work had a segment on the game including Geno’s quote that it was just 10 great players going at each other making play after play fighting for their lives.

Just another tiny example of how women’s basketball has creeped into the larger consciousness.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
Tired of hearing how this team lacks toughness or heart. Was this enough for the detractors?
i have not, or certainly very rarely, heard anyone accuse this team of lacking toughness or heart! where and who are these detractors?

or maybe i've just filtered them out of my consciousness, based on them being not worthy of hearing.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Didn't help Iowa. It's Uconn did you think they would let it pass w/o the complaints. ND wasn't having a problem until their mental lapse. Please just being salty because everyone had Uconn done for the season and here they come.
Everyone but me. I never give up.

Reaction Score

Attachments

• 20220328_190632.jpg
    20220328_190632.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 156
  • 20220328_215804.jpg
    20220328_215804.jpg
    680.4 KB · Views: 145

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Probably the most exciting win, I have ever seen. What fun!
I just want to make one point. This was NOT a home game for us as the national media has made it out to be. Our players have never played in this arena before, it is as new to them as it was for everyone else.
80 miles from Storrs, means they took a bus instead of a flight. Big deal, flying to Greensboro might have taken the same time. (or not much more)
They stayed in hotel, same as any other regional
Boston, Providence, Springfield, would they have gotten the same "Home" commentary?
UCONN fans would have filled the arena no matter where in the Northeast they played.
Just more anti-Uconn garbage that we have to put up with.
Well, to be fair, there were 9,825 screaming UCONN fans in the arena and 'bout 175 NC State fans...I was there and counted them. :rolleyes:

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
It took me two hours to get my breathing under control and to stop sweating (in my perfectly climate-controlled living room), and I am only now starting to have enough brain function to comprehend what has just happened.......but it was worth it.
Then, we're almost even.....it took me another 90 minutes to get home.

Reaction Score
As you're watching highlight videos (or the full replay), pay attention to Megan Cuomo in the hot pink top behind the bench. If Paige was the cherry on top of this wonderful sundae, Meg was the sprinkles -- delightfully unnecessary and smile inducing.
View attachment 74967

I was lucky to sit near Megan. She was vocal and cheering on the Huskies the entire game. I loved her energy and how much she tried to get everyone around her into the game.
Made me think of some of the negative comments I have read about her on here over the years. I'm a big fan of her and appreciate her even more now.

Reaction Score
While Paige's clutch shooting was one of the great performances I have seen in any game, championship or in season, not sure why Azzi isn't getting more love on the Boneyard. Prior to Paige taking over, Fudd was also unstoppable for several critical periods. Kept UConn in the game so Paige could be Paige in the Overtime.

Thank you for posting this. I think Christyn got us going in the 1st quarter then Fudd blended in during the 1st leading into the 2nd quarter. Paige missed some shots during this time period. In the end, Paige put on a performance to remember but these 3 guards got it done!

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
i have not, or certainly very rarely, heard anyone accuse this team of lacking toughness or heart! where and who are these detractors?

or maybe i've just filtered them out of my consciousness, based on them being not worthy of hearing.
Those comments were made liberally after the losses to Arizona and Arkansas last year. And on the face of it, appeared to have some validity. This year's squad, not so much.

Reaction Score
This will all stop next year after the selection committee deliberates for a mandatory 15 seconds and assigns South Carolina (regardless of their seeding) to the Greenville region. The Voepels, McNutts, Antonellis and Parker’s of the media world won’t mention anything about home team
advantage.
When you have won 11 national championships and been to 14 straight final fours, there will be 'haters' (really just jealous). Think about Duke on the men's side, the Yankees, etc. It comes with the territory and it is what you get when you are dominant ('dynasty') in a sport.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
This was a wonderful game by both squads. There were ebbs and flows by both teams, but mostly relentless punch and counter punch. At times a particular player would make a mistake, and then come back and do something great. There were questionable decisions made by both coaches, but overall both coaching staffs performed well. Dorka was heading to a fine performance, and her injury was heartbreaking to fans and the kids. Nika brought her energy at the right times. CW, AE, , ONO, and E kept us going all night. And then Paige took control and willed us over the top. The refs made some strange calls, but not in favor of one team or the other. I was on the edge of my seat all night. They so obviously love each other, and bring joy and pride to their efforts and the school. Can't wait to see the next contest. Go Huskies, and a speedy recovery to Dorka.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom