NC State Post Game Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

NC State Post Game Thread

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
”It’s good for the game “ Geno agreed tonight no matter who won
This was great for WCBB. Wes Moore coached a great game and his player played with heart. UCONN reminded the world that they are still UCONN and Paige resumed her rightful place a best player in WCBB. It is a great thing for the women's game that the two teams had agreed to a home and home series prior to this game.
Looking forward to the rematch.

Reaction Score
Everybody has spoken to any of the pertinent issues of this game. As a fan, all I can say is; Wow! I watched the game and it became an endless game with all of the lead changes and the intensity of play. Kudos to NC State a very good team that could have also won this game if a couple of things went their way. Congrats to UConn women who did nott sttop playing. We are lucky to have all of the team players and especially Paige.

I am not sure that this is a "great" team but it is a team with heart.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
DId anyone else jump out of their seats, like I did ,with that Aaliyah
Edwards put back...... WOW!
Kudos to Christyn WIlliams for " moving without the ball
on that last inbounds play and pass from AZZI! Think of
it inbounds from Paige , to AZZI , to Christyn! a great trio.
Evina

Reaction Score
I wish the haters would stop with the home court nonsense. The reason Connecticut is where they are is the formula that the committee uses. If teams don’t want Connecticut to be near home then beat them and knock them out of the two or one seed. Has there ever been a survey done asking the non-home team what impact the crowd has once the game gets started. I’ve often heard players say they completely tune out the noise and just live on the court. I have also heard players say it motivates them when the entire arena is against them they take on that underdog role.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
I have no voice, even this morning. It was a truly exciting game. For all the negatives I can think of (Dorka, foul shots, fouling) it was one of the best games I've been to since 1985. Surely ranks up there with Taurasi / TN and Bird / ND.
The only thing missing was Paige punching the hoop stantion!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
As you're watching highlight videos (or the full replay), pay attention to Megan Cuomo in the hot pink top behind the bench. If Paige was the cherry on top of this wonderful sundae, Meg was the sprinkles -- delightfully unnecessary and smile inducing.
1648557515167.png

Reaction Score
I wish the haters would stop with the home court nonsense. The reason Connecticut is where they are is the formula that the committee uses. If teams don’t want Connecticut to be near home then beat them and knock them out of the two or one seed. Has there ever been a survey done asking the non-home team what impact the crowd has once the game gets started. I’ve often heard players say they completely tune out the noise and just live on the court. I have also heard players say it motivates them when the entire arena is against them they take on that underdog role.
This will all stop next year after the selection committee deliberates for a mandatory 15 seconds and assigns South Carolina (regardless of their seeding) to the Greenville region. The Voepels, McNutts, Antonellis and Parker’s of the media world won’t mention anything about home team
advantage.

Reaction Score
As you're watching highlight videos (or the full replay), pay attention to Megan Cuomo in the hot pink top behind the bench. If Paige was the cherry on top of this wonderful sundae, Meg was the sprinkles -- delightfully unnecessary and smile inducing.
View attachment 74967
I noticed her during the game (hard to miss in that color). She was jumping up and down with hands held up high just like the rest of us. Like her or not as a commentator she bleeds blue.

Reaction Score
This will all stop next year after the selection committee deliberates for a mandatory 15 seconds and assigns South Carolina (regardless of their seeding) to the Greenville region. The Voepels, McNutts, Antonellis and Parker’s of the media world won’t mention anything about home team
advantage.
It’s a shame we can’t have faith in people’s integrity across the board. People kind of suck sometimes it’s A flaw in human nature.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
National player of the year for a reason. #1 recruit in the nation for a reason. She has IT!
Paige, Azzi, Christyn, and Evina were or at least at one time rated as the best high school player in the country but on that floor last night there was only one best player, Paige! The others played well but not at Paige's level. It just gets harder for the next two games.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Let's consider DeBerry and this game from a positive view. Seeing how physical the games are at this level should serve as a big motivator. Also likely served to inspire her regarding how putting in all the work is worth it.
Geno is in tourney mode. He will only play players he trusts and unfortunately Amari is not one of them. He believes those who are playing best together will get minutes. So the starter (Liv, CW, Azzi, Aaliyah, and Buckets) plus Evina will get the lion's share of the minutes.

Reaction Score
Paige, Azzi, Christyn, and Evina were or at least at one time rated as the best high school player in the country but on that floor last night there was only one best player, Paige! The others played well but not at Paige's level. It just gets harder for the next two games.

Wasn't Liv before her injury?

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
So you want to be a gambler:
I bet on UCONN giving 4 points. If NC State doesn't hit that miracle 3 pointer, my team would have won, but I would have lost the wager. But Chrysten's layup gave the Huskies a 4 point win in 2OT & I break even. Whew...I'll take it!
A push is sometimes great!

Reaction Score
A push is sometimes great!
Just insane that the game came right in on the spread. The ND championship was the most dramatic finish in women's basketball but this may have been the greatest game ever. Just a great showcase for the sport. A certain inspiration for thousands, perhaps millions, of young girls who will want to play this game. I think it's great.

Reaction Score
WOW!!!!!!!!

I'm exhausted. What a game - back and forth, back and forth.

All the best to Dorka. The replay told me all I needed to know.

Heading for the cabinet. It's time for a bourbon!!!

Cheers all.

On to the Final Four.

Oh, I had one in the 1st half and one in the 2nd.

Reaction Score
It was a terrific game and congratulations to UConn and their fans. It was well earned and one of the most entertaining I've watched. NCSU played very well and came up a bit short at the end.

To be honest, I had UConn winning this game in my initial bracket and moving on to the FF along with Stanford, SC, and Louisville. I figure it will be a wonderful tournament and this year again feels "normal", but last night make it thrilling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom