NBA Summer League | Page 13 | The Boneyard

NBA Summer League

Reaction Score
I’m not a huge NBA fan, but I’ve seen him do some insane things on tape. I think given his unique size and skills, if he stays healthy he will definitely be “one of the best players of his era”.

I also think Hawkins will be a top 3 player from this draft class, but that could just be my UConn bias…

Staying healthy is the only thing that could realistically stop him imo but he'll continue to bulk up considerably. Look at Giannis' build when he came into the league, or even how much muscle Chet gained coming into this year.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Staying healthy is the only thing that could realistically stop him imo but he'll continue to bulk up considerably. Look at Giannis' build when he came into the league, or even how much muscle Chet gained coming into this year.
Kevin Durant couldn’t bench 185 at the combine. Adding bulk shouldn’t be an issue if they want to beef him up a bit.

Reaction Score
Kevin Durant couldn’t bench 185 at the combine. Adding bulk shouldn’t be an issue if they want to beef him up a bit.
There's plenty of others who couldn't bench press 185 lbs., Durant is just the most famous. Basketball players aren't exactly good at or built for bench pressing...

The worst players ever at the NBA Draft Combine’s bench press test

caw

Reaction Score
Atlanta is getting close to max roster after they just guaranteed another player. They have one spot open with two non-guaranteed players on summer league team with Martin being one of the two.

Reaction Score
I was driving through Charlotte yesterday and listened to local sports radio. They mentioned that Bouknight looked lost in summer league. They believed it was time to move on from James but were afraid he might surprise them on another team. I also thought they said James was criticizing the coaching in summer league. IMO he should shut up and play harder.

Reaction Score
Atlanta is getting close to max roster after they just guaranteed another player. They have one spot open with two non-guaranteed players on summer league team with Martin being one of the two.
Like you said, Tyrese’s second year is all non guaranteed. However, if he isn’t waived by Atlanta by July 21, the 1.7 mil then becomes fully guaranteed.

Reaction Score
He’d look off a heck of lot better if he wasn’t shooting so poorly. He’s missing wide open jumpers over and over.

Reaction Score
I'm not shocked Bouk's effort has been questioned this summer league, but I am kind of surprised at how inefficient he's still been as a 3rd year player. He's shooting 18% on 28 threes, and 34% from the floor. It's getting really hard to see his path back to NBA minutes when he has a reputation of being difficult to coach and he's not really even showing those flashes anymore.

Reaction Score
I must admit I may have been wrong about James. Usually 2 - 3 year players dominate the summer league or are at least the best performers but Bouk appears to be getting worse. Maybe he can eventually redeem himself but not in Charlotte. Mostly his own fault on his failings but this Hornets summer team is unwatchable.

Last edited:

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I'm not shocked Bouk's effort has been questioned this summer league, but I am kind of surprised at how inefficient he's still been as a 3rd year player. He's shooting 18% on 28 threes, and 34% from the floor. It's getting really hard to see his path back to NBA minutes when he has a reputation of being difficult to coach and he's not really even showing those flashes anymore.
He looks like a playground baller. No sets, no d, volume shots via 1-1.

Reaction Score
Like you said, Tyrese’s second year is all non guaranteed. However, if he isn’t waived by Atlanta by July 21, the 1.7 mil then becomes fully guaranteed.
Thanks for the info on the timing of Tyrese's 2nd year guarantee. He certainly has something to play for in the short term. He is in a tough spot with AJ Griffin being the 1st round pick last year, and another shooting guard (Bufkin) drafted in the 1st round this year as well as Lundy in the 2nd round. Just a crowded position for the Hawks. It will be tough to hold onto a spot with Atlanta.

Reaction Score
Who was the last Charlotte draft pick to excel in the league king term? James isn’t doing himsel any favors and I’m sure his confidence is dropping game by game. The stats don’t lie, but this team is pathetic. Kind of hard to imagine that the staff has goals with the produce they’re putting out on the floor.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
There's plenty of others who couldn't bench press 185 lbs., Durant is just the most famous. Basketball players aren't exactly good at or built for bench pressing...

The worst players ever at the NBA Draft Combine’s bench press test
Really long arms definitely make the bench press much more difficult, agree it's not a good test for those players.

Durant has been somewhat durable (Achilles aside) given his slight build, but he doesn't really bang inside. Wemby likely won't either.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Do you think no one stepped up or he didn’t want to listen?
People who should have "felt" they stepped up only to make shallow token attempts or worse- they turned a blind eye. People know what had been going on and you wonder why you don't see any UConn pro alum intervening. Not saying that Bouk didn't turn a deaf ear but a lot who could/should have helped did not.
Really sad........................................

Reaction Score
Who was the last Charlotte draft pick to excel in the league king term? James isn’t doing himsel any favors and I’m sure his confidence is dropping game by game. The stats don’t lie, but this team is pathetic. Kind of hard to imagine that the staff has goals with the produce they’re putting out on the floor.
Kobe

Reaction Score
People who should have "felt" they stepped up only to make shallow token attempts or worse- they turned a blind eye. People know what had been going on and you wonder why you don't see any UConn pro alum intervening. Not saying that Bouk didn't turn a deaf ear but a lot who could/should have helped did not.
Really sad........................................
I have a lot of sympathy for Bouk and I'm still hoping he can find a way to put it together and stick in the NBA, but 5 guys from his last year in school have now had at least a cup of coffee in the league. And a lot of those guys made it to that level primarily based off their attitude, work ethic, motor, etc. If that's the level of the guys in your own locker room, it shouldn't take Ray Allen or Rip or anyone else to get your head on straight.

Not to mention, those pros had their hands all over this past years' team. We heard constantly, from Hawkins especially, how much support he got from former players, we saw those alumni at practices all year long, even during the summer before we proved we could be really special. I just find it hard to believe that those same guys didn't offer any resources to Bouk at all

Reaction Score
Adversity might not be the worse thing for Bouk. And not just basketball adversity. He has lived the life of a pampered elite athlete for his entire existence on the planet. He is being knocked down right now. He still might not realize it. He might be out of basketball before he learns the world doesn't owe him anything. I'll root for the kid. But at some point he has to look in the mirror.

Reaction Score
Adversity might not be the worse thing for Bouk. And not just basketball adversity. He has lived the life of a pampered elite athlete for his entire existence on the planet. He is being knocked down right now. He still might not realize it. He might be out of basketball before he learns the world doesn't owe him anything. I'll root for the kid. But at some point he has to look in the mirror.
We’re a bit beyond adversity at this point

Reaction Score
I feel like Jackson played pretty well and yet his team got obliterated while he was in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyClifton

Top Bottom