NBA huge individual performances | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NBA huge individual performances

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yup, and they just lost by 3.

They were up by about 11, and KAT started taking bad shots, and they lose. It's just about a perfect encapsulation of his career. Score a bunch of inefficient points in a loss.
Did all that just to score 4 in the 4th quarter and his coach had to make offense defense subs because he was so bad on the other end.

Reaction Score
I’m just happy Embiid was hurt in 2014. That Kansas team with a healthy Embiid would have beaten us. Olander and Nolan were not going to hold Embiid to under 30 points and 20 rebounds.
Haha no way, would it be more possible sure. Guard play in March always wins, our guards would’ve dominated them, not to mention they weren’t getting by Florida, Patrick Young would’ve beat up on Embiid even if he scored 20-30 he wasn’t getting 20 boards. Donovan would’ve had a game plan for Embiid and Florida guards were way better than KU.

Remember 92 against Shaq in a game he dominated in it didn’t matter if he scored 50 because our guards dominated.

Reaction Score
Embiid with 65 and 17 in 34 minutes and Towns has 44 points on 14-17 fg's at halftime.

It always cracks me up when people say the big man in dead in the NBA.
They were talking about traditional big men. You won’t be seeing Dwight Howards or Shaqs anymore. What’s Edey’s draft projection?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They were talking about traditional big men. You won’t be seeing Dwight Howards or Shaqs anymore. What’s Edey’s draft projection?
if athletic/generational freaks like Dwight and Shaq popped up right now they would still be #1, especially in this craptastic draft class in 2024. Hell, forget Shaq because he was a 1 of 1 that we've never seen before, a rim running, rim protecting big with the athleticism of pre-back injury Dwight would have NBA scouts drooling in 2024.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Jokic should've won MVP last season and Embiid should win MVP this season but I think Embiid can only miss like 6 more games this season if he wants to qualify for MVP. He shouldn't be chasing that, he needs to be fresh and healthy for the playoffs and show that he can really bring it when it matters.

Narrator: He'll be chasing that

Reaction Score
if athletic/generational freaks like Dwight and Shaq popped up right now they would still be #1, especially in this craptastic draft class in 2024. Hell, forget Shaq because he was a 1 of 1 that we've never seen before, a rim running, rim protecting big with the athleticism of pre-back injury Dwight would have NBA scouts drooling in 2024.
Shaq said he was asked if he could play in today's game and his response was something like you aren't paying attention, I am playing today I'm the Greek Freak. Who do you think was doing all that stuff he learned and uses now.

Prime Shaq would most likely be even more dominant Today than he was in the 90's/early 2000's.

Reaction Score
Shaq said he was asked if he could play in today's game and his response was something like you aren't paying attention, I am playing today I'm the Greek Freak. Who do you think was doing all that stuff he learned and uses now.

Prime Shaq would most likely be even more dominant Today than he was in the 90's/early 2000's.
exactly, and instead of 250lb Giannis it would be 290-300lb "Orlando Magic" Shaq running around and bulldozing guys

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Coach feeling how we all feel - KAT's an empty stat

Reaction Score
Coach feeling how we all feel - KAT's an empty stat
It wasn’t to start, he was simply on fire. Then he tried to go for it and crapped the bed, and the rest of the team kinda just took a front row seat.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It wasn’t to start, he was simply on fire. Then he tried to go for it and crapped the bed, and the rest of the team kinda just took a front row seat.
Had to be the most gentle I’ve ever seen a player argue for an end of the game foul call I’ve seen. KAT stands true to his nickname.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Embiid with 65 and 17 in 34 minutes and Towns has 44 points on 14-17 fg's at halftime.

It always cracks me up when people say the big man in dead in the NBA.
Centers we’re legitimately dead during that Warriors run where K Love and Draymond Green were running small ball out there in the mid 2010s.

Jokic and Joel revived them from the ashes though and now you need size again if you want any chance to compete.

Reaction Score
Centers we’re legitimately dead during that Warriors run where K Love and Draymond Green were running small ball out there in the mid 2010s.

Jokic and Joel revived them from the ashes though and now you need size again if you want any chance to compete.
Warriors had lunch pale big men, Andrew Bogut and Kevin Looney.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Warriors had lunch pale big men, Andrew Bogut and Kevin Looney.
Yup, quietly they were a pretty good reason they won. McGee looked unstoppable against the Cavs very small frontcourt when KD was there for the last run.

Here’s a list of All NBA centers from the 2010s on. Some of these names are kind of shocking they made it.

JOAKIM NOAH was All NBA first team one year lmaooo. (S/O Andre for being a third teamer tho)
IMG_4044.png

Reaction Score
Bad examples I guess but I guess the overarching point is taken

Reaction Score
Luka 73 points on 25-33 fg for a perimeter player. NBA is getting whacky

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak