NBA huge individual performances | The Boneyard

NBA huge individual performances

Reaction Score
Embiid with 65 and 17 in 34 minutes and Towns has 44 points on 14-17 fg's at halftime.

It always cracks me up when people say the big man in dead in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Embiid with 65 and 17 in 34 minutes and Towns has 44 points on 14-17 fg's at halftime.

It always cracks me up when people say the big man in dead in the NBA.
No one has said that in like 8 years.

But if you want to see a huge performance, turn no further than to our own Andre Jackson.
8 points, 3-4 shooting in 20 mins.
Playing crunch time minutes !!!

Reaction Score
Holy cr@p, 8 points!!!!!!!
Indeed
Unfortunately there is no stat line for "Sick Defensive Energy", and "A Nasty Dunk", but rest assured, if there was, he would lead the league this evening.

Also, did you see where i said "Crunch time minutes" ?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
53 now for Towns in 25 minutes, come on go for history your playing the Hornets.

Reaction Score
KAT getting doubled and starting to force it, hopefully Charlotte continues to keep this close so he can stay in the game deep into the 4th

Reaction Score
Huge fan of Embiid but he is going to face the same uphill battle that Westbrook and Jokic faced, particularly Westbrook. Even though the MVP is a regular season award, your post season success is absolutely a non-discussed factor. Jokic was arguably the MVP last year but had never won a playoff series prior to winning it all, only a few MVP voters were willing to give him a nod. Westbrook averaged triple doubles but couldn't win in playoffs and that absolutely affected his MVP consideration. Throw James Harden in the same boat... As a result Embiid won the MVP last year (and I do believe he deserved it) but will never win another one until he gets it done in the playoffs. Fair or foul but voters aren't going to acknowledge him as 2x MVP without playoff success.

I say that as someone rooting for the guy too. I will always root for greatness regardless of the jersey.

Reaction Score
Huge fan of Embiid but he is going to face the same uphill battle that Westbrook and Jokic faced, particularly Westbrook. Even though the MVP is a regular season award, your post season success is absolutely a non-discussed factor. Jokic was arguably the MVP last year but had never won a playoff series prior to winning it all, only a few MVP voters were willing to give him a nod. Westbrook averaged triple doubles but couldn't win in playoffs and that absolutely affected his MVP consideration. Throw James Harden in the same boat... As a result Embiid won the MVP last year (and I do believe he deserved it) but will never win another one until he gets it done in the playoffs. Fair or foul but voters aren't going to acknowledge him as 2x MVP without playoff success.

I say that as someone rooting for the guy too. I will always root for greatness regardless of the jersey.
The Nuggets won a first round series vs the Spurs in 2019, went to the WCF in the bubble, and then won a first round series the year after that with Jokic surrounded by nothing

Poe

Reaction Score
KAT with 60 with 10 min left, might actually one up embiid … absurd

Reaction Score
KAT forcing it now way too much and the TWolves are out of sync from him chasing points

Reaction Score
All of a sudden it's a 1 point game.
That's got KAT written all over it.
He's been chasing points and their offense is out of sync, doesn't help that Ant is sick but you can tell they have zero flow now. The Twolves color commentator is pissed because you could see it coming with how they were playing and now the Hornets are up.

Reaction Score
The Nuggets won a first round series vs the Spurs in 2019, went to the WCF in the bubble, and then won a first round series the year after that with Jokic surrounded by nothing
In that case I mis-remembered but the spirit of what I said is true, Jokic was denied a rightful 3x MVP because of the lack of playoff success despite it being a regular season award. Embiid may win MVP this year but that will be the final one without playoff success.

Fair or foul no one really takes the bubble year seriously except laker fans (and not even a majority of them) and Lebron stans.

Not saying that's right, just saying that's what the voters have done historically.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
All eyes were on KAT to see him try to top Embiid and that was a shytshow

Reaction Score
He's been chasing points and their offense is out of sync, doesn't help that Ant is sick but you can tell they have zero flow now. The Twolves color commentator is pissed because you could see it coming with how they were playing and now the Hornets are up.
Yup, and they just lost by 3.

They were up by about 11, and KAT started taking bad shots, and they lose. It's just about a perfect encapsulation of his career. Score a bunch of inefficient points in a loss.

Reaction Score
In that case I mis-remembered but the spirit of what I said is true, Jokic was denied a rightful 3x MVP because of the lack of playoff success despite it being a regular season award. Embiid may win MVP this year but that will be the final one without playoff success.

Fair or foul no one really takes the bubble year seriously except laker fans (and not even a majority of them) and Lebron stans.

Not saying that's right, just saying that's what the voters have done historically.
Jokic should've won MVP last season and Embiid should win MVP this season but I think Embiid can only miss like 6 more games this season if he wants to qualify for MVP. He shouldn't be chasing that, he needs to be fresh and healthy for the playoffs and show that he can really bring it when it matters.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I’m just happy Embiid was hurt in 2014. That Kansas team with a healthy Embiid would have beaten us. Olander and Nolan were not going to hold Embiid to under 30 points and 20 rebounds.

Reaction Score
Jokic should've won MVP last season and Embiid should win MVP this season but I think Embiid can only miss like 6 more games this season if he wants to qualify for MVP. He shouldn't be chasing that, he needs to be fresh and healthy for the playoffs and show that he can really bring it when it matters.
I think it was a combination of voter fatigue, as well as Embiid having an MVP caliber season himself. Also, I think that matchup mid to late season where Embiid fully dominated swung things a lot.

Embiid is having, statistically, the highest efficiency season of all time, by a good bit. Really hope he gets the games needed, it’s an all-time season.

Reaction Score
I think it was a combination of voter fatigue, as well as Embiid having an MVP caliber season himself. Also, I think that matchup mid to late season where Embiid fully dominated swung things a lot.

Embiid is having, statistically, the highest efficiency season of all time, by a good bit. Really hope he gets the games needed, it’s an all-time season.
There was some of that but there was a weird and I would say ugly campaign from guys who have influence campaigning against Jokic last season most noticeably led by Perkins. Joel was campaigning for himself and guys in media were campaigning for him. He had a great season but Jokic was better, the funny thing is Joel cares, media members care, the fans care. Jokic couldn't care less.

Reaction Score
There was some of that but there was a weird and I would say ugly campaign from guys who have influence campaigning against Jokic last season most noticeably led by Perkins. Joel was campaigning for himself and guys in media were campaigning for him. He had a great season but Jokic was better, the funny thing is Joel cares, media members care, the fans care. Jokic couldn't care less.
Yeah but that’s completely out of the ordinary for Jokic not to care, guy is just a totally different type of person. 99.9% of players do care about an MVP. That’s a legacy definer.

I think the 3 peat MVP had some voodoo around it. Jordan should’ve gotten it, LeBron should realistically probably have 5 in a row with 2011 cutting between his 2 back to backs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom