Narduzzi to Pitt | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Narduzzi to Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Can you kill something that is already dead?
Oh we're alive. We may be hooked up to a respirator and being fed through a NG tube, but we're alive. '

Hey that's another slogan "UConn football - we're not dead yet!"

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
The way these things go, both sides can spin a situation and both sides can be right.

But, effectively, Narduzzi was offered the UConn job and he declined it.

Dantanio spiked us pretty hard in advising Narduzzi.

I know you have some connections with the school....is this based on fact or your belief?

If it is fact....then does that mean WM was not truthful at BD's press conference? He was very demonstrative with his comment that BD was always his first choice.

Reaction Score
The way these things go, both sides can spin a situation and both sides can be right.

But, effectively, Narduzzi was offered the UConn job and he declined it.

Dantanio spiked us pretty hard in advising Narduzzi.

To further confirm this, KDKA talkees said he turned down the Uconn job because the money offered for the assistants was too low.
I don't understand, the boneyard always said this kind of thing was Hathoway's fault.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Oh we're alive. We may be hooked up to a respirator and being fed through a NG tube, but we're alive.

upload_2014-12-24_11-38-15.png

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I know you have some connections with the school....is this based on fact or your belief?

If it is fact....then does that mean WM was not truthful at BD's press conference? He was very demonstrative with his comment that BD was always his first choice.

Well that clears it up.

Reaction Score
Narduzzi may also have no clue how to run and offense or handle QBs.

Reaction Score
Can we officially start the pool predicting his departure from Pitt? Hell, would anyone be surprised if we hear an announcement on Wednesday he is leaving Pitt to take the Michigan job?

Reaction Score
On choosing Pitt after passing up on previous head coaching opportunities: “I’ve had some opportunities in the past. I’ve walked into the head coach’s office and, ‘Yeah, Coach, I got a call from such and such. I don’t know.’ On the morning I got a call this year, I walked in the office with a big ol’ smile on my face, because I knew this was the place. A place I was going to go after the job, and I wanted the job. It’s a beautiful area. I love the toughness here. I love the football in this area and the surrounding area.”

On his familiarity with the area: “This is my home. Is there anything closer to Youngstown that’s a place you can win national championships? Pittsburgh is my home. It’s 50 miles down the road from where I grew up. It’s a tough city, like Youngstown. I wouldn’t call it a destination job, but this is a place I want to be for a long time, if they let me.”

On his staff: “I won’t get into details, but we’ve got every weapon and tool that we need to get the best coaches here on our staff. We’ll have a pretty powerful staff, and I feel good about where we are. … Obviously, every coach that gets a head coaching job as a list of guys. … I’ve got a got a few guys that I’m really interested in, going to try to get them. I’ve got about three-deep, maybe four-deep at some positions. We want to get that five-star guy, and I think we can do it here.”

On his offensive philosophy: “As a defensive coordinator, you always have ideas. I’m an idea type of guy. I’ve always got ideas on offense, defense or special teams. I’m going to be involved like a normal head coach would be. I certainly won’t be sitting there telling them what to call. The offensive coordinator will have his way, but during the week, we’ll have discussions about what I think we can attack a defense. We’ve done that at Michigan State in the summers. … I’m going to be involved like a normal head coach and nothing more than that.”

http://coachingsearch.com/article?a=Key-quotes-from-Pat-Narduzzis-introduction-at-Pitt

Reaction Score
2 Facts about the Pitt job that can't be over looked:
1) Pitt is a P-5 job which right now is HUGE
2) The metro Pittsburgh area year in and year out produces some of the top high school players in PA and the country. There are some schools in that part of PA that produce as many if not more P-5/G-5 kids in 1 year as Lou Marinelli has produced in his entire career at New Canaan.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Pitt is going gaga over Narduzzi like UConn went over Diaco the day of Diaco's introductory press conference.

One big difference - Narduzzi is inheriting Connor, Boyd, Voytik and some big OL guys from the Chryst recruiting classes. So he's already got some dangerous offensive weapons.

Narduzzi can recruit Western PA and Ohio. And he's got Le'Veon Bell talking about what a great coach he is. What All-Pro was talking up Diaco?

And one last thing - Gallagher will give Narduzzi resources that Steve Pederson wouldn't.

Pitt is 100x closer to winning the ACC Coastal and getting to the ACC championship game than UConn is of winning anything in the craptastic AAC.

Sour grapes is sour grapes.

Reaction Score
Pitt is going gaga over Narduzzi like UConn went over Diaco the day of Diaco's introductory press conference.

One big difference - Narduzzi is inheriting Connor, Boyd, Voytik and some big OL guys from the Chryst recruiting classes. So he's already got some dangerous offensive weapons.

Narduzzi can recruit Western PA and Ohio. And he's got Le'Veon Bell talking about what a great coach he is. What All-Pro was talking up Diaco?

And one last thing - Gallagher will give Narduzzi resources that Steve Pederson wouldn't.

Pitt is 100x closer to winning the ACC Coastal and getting to the ACC championship game than UConn is of winning anything in the craptastic AAC.

Yup, on the surface Narduzzi is the perfect hire by Pitt, and Pitt is a heck of a first coaching gig for Narduzzi.

I was hoping Pitt would screw up and hire someone on his way down like Schiano, but unfortunately Jeff Hathaway is not Pitt's AD.

Reaction Score

Merry Christmas to you too.

Reaction Score
The Pitt fans and the school are very happy with Narduzzi becoming the next head coach of the football program. Couple that with the fact that Steve Pederson is no longer AD and it is a clear indicator that Pitt will be taking football seriously again. The future is looking bright for Panther football again, and it's nice to see the well wishes from other fan bases who also enjoy college football. Good luck with the program!

Reaction Score

There WERE a lot of Notre Dame Defensive guys talking up Diaco ... including the most notable. So ... let's not re-write this history.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I have a feeling if Vince Lombardi's ghost talked up Diaco, it wouldn't affect his perception here one bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom