Narduzzi to Pitt | The Boneyard

Narduzzi to Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Spurned Uconn last year and now accepts at Pitt, a school where the coach leaves in a year for a higher profile job.

Tells you some where Uconn sits currently I suppose

Reaction Score
Do we know for sure he spurned Uconn? Warde had said something about Diaco being the only guy on his list. They were both Broyles award winners so it's conceivable that Warde put Diaco ahead of Narduzzi.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Do we know for sure he spurned Uconn? Warde had said something about Diaco being the only guy on his list. They were both Broyles award winners so it's conceivable that Warde put Diaco ahead of Narduzzi.
Well everything that happens has to reflect badly on Warde because he suuuuuuuucks, therefore Narduzzi must logically have been the #1 candidate and spurned UConn.

Reaction Score
Narduzzi did the KCKeeler thing. When it became apparent he wasn't getting the gig he withdrew his name from consideration.

This hire makes me happy. Narduzzi is a Hathaway type. A solid #2 guy. But a guy I wouldn't let run anything. Hopefully he buries Pitt.

Reaction Score
Narduzzi did the KCKeeler thing. When it became apparent he wasn't getting the gig he withdrew his name from consideration.

This hire makes me happy. Narduzzi is a Hathaway type. A solid #2 guy. But a guy I wouldn't let run anything. Hopefully he buries Pitt.
Jimmy where does that come from?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
http://coachingsearch.com/article?a...hatever-youd-like-Bob-Diaco-was-my-top-choice

Bob Diaco was introduced as head coach on Thursday after officially signing the contract around 1:30 a.m. Late Wednesday, Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi announced the withdrawal of his name. Manuel said Diaco, Notre Dame’s defensive coordinator, was his No. 1 guy.
“It was a great process for me, but an even better result,” Manuel said. “I just want to touch on a couple issues about the search. We had a great candidate pool. I want to thank the men that took the time to come talk to me about their vision of how they could lead UConn football. I’m going to make this clear to you: Bob was my top choice. The things that are out there, you can write whatever you’d like. This is my top choice.
“This is the person I chose, and he was the first interview of the day. It was a great interview, and he was constantly on my mind. Read what you’d like, think what you’d like. I’m telling you, he was my top choice

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Pitt is a program that has had at least 3 losses for the past 30 seasons. It's safe to say he will either be fired by 2018 or will have moved onto a big time gig.

Reaction Score

You quoted two sources. Bravo.

Both of those sources got their story from the same website, who cited unnamed sources.

That source has this on their website....

"Since 1999, all sources remain confidential. Send scoop to mail@footballscoop.com or call/text 225.229.3429"

Because as we all know, the best journalists out there have to advertise to get their "inside" information.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Diaco could turn out to be a horrific program killing mistake, but it is tough to find fault Manuel for thinking that he was a good choice. He had a good resume and references and in all likelihood is one hell of a interview.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'd be lying if I said that this didn't sting a little. I really was hoping for Narduzzi last year but got over it when Diaco was announced. It doesn't bother me whether he withdrew from UCONN consideration or if Diaco was Warde's #1 the entire time. What bothers me is that it is Pitt. If there was ever an irrelevant P5 program just a notch above Wake level, it's Pitt.

Reaction Score
I'd be lying if I said that this didn't sting a little. I really was hoping for Narduzzi last year but got over it when Diaco was announced. It doesn't bother me whether he withdrew from UCONN consideration or if Diaco was Warde's #1 the entire time. What bothers me is that it is Pitt. If there was ever an irrelevant P5 program just a notch above Wake level, it's Pitt.

Pitt hasn't been relevant since Dan Marino. Don't let it bother you too much. I'm sure by this time next year Diaco and Co. will have us all cheering.

Reaction Score
Narduzzi was never offered the UConn job. He was interviewed. WM preferred Diaco. Narduzzi removed name to save face. Football Scoop is wrong. I wish him well at Pitt but I'm glad we have Diaco. We'll see soon enough if my faith is misplaced. As PJ Fleck said after he went 1-11 in his first year at Western Michigan, "Never sacrifice what you really want, for what you want right now". Words I'm sure Diaco believes in as well. Fleck and Western Michigan made it to a Bowl in year two. Stay positive.

Reaction Score
Narduzzi was never offered the UConn job. He was interviewed. WM preferred Diaco. Narduzzi removed name to save face. Football Scoop is wrong. I wish him well at Pitt but I'm glad we have Diaco. We'll see soon enough if my faith is misplaced. As PJ Fleck said after he went 1-11 in his first year at Western Michigan, "Never sacrifice what you really want, for what you want right now". Words I'm sure Diaco believes in as well. Fleck and Western Michigan made it to a Bowl in year two. Stay positive.

That's the official story at least.

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
I remember reading that 'unnamed UConn source' released details of Narduzzi's withdrawal from the process to a Michigan reporter.

If someone from UConn was going to release privileged information just hours into process, wouldn't they release the details to a CT source?

I am pretty sure it was Narduzzi's agent spinning the details.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The way these things go, both sides can spin a situation and both sides can be right.

But, effectively, Narduzzi was offered the UConn job and he declined it.

Dantanio spiked us pretty hard in advising Narduzzi.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Dooley said:

You should only feel bad if he succeeds at Pitt. To me this feels like a consolidation prize for him. MSU isn't going to keep winning like it has, this may have been his last year as a top candidate before he was passed by the hot coordinator of the moment.

The fact that no major program gave him a sniff says a lot. He'll fail a Pitt becuase everyone fails at Pitt, or he will turn around a program that should be a lot better than it is and move on. If he does that then you can feel bad if Diaco doesn't improve our spot.

Reaction Score
Diaco could turn out to be a horrific program killing mistake, but it is tough to find fault Manuel for thinking that he was a good choice. He had a good resume and references and in all likelihood is one hell of a interview.
Can you kill something that is already dead?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom