My Predictions For 2014 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

My Predictions For 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've heard dham could run point guard...seriously. like set up the offense. And I wouldn't mind landing Dorsey, who could end up a top two player in '15.

Reaction Score
I've heard dham could run point guard...seriously. like set up the offense. And I wouldn't mind landing Dorsey, who could end up a top two player in '15.

I think that DH could be a point. He's a heady ball player. We have a special player!

Reaction Score

I do think D-Ham is capable of playing point forward in stretches.

Reaction Score
Don't think we get Robinson and AMA. Snider would be great.

If we strike out at point I bet we end up with a fifth year transfer then go all in for Dorsey.
I think we have a great shot at Robinson. We've been on that kid for a while now.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
The timing of who commits when can be an important factor. I hope that Abu does decide soon (like right after his visit to UConn). In any case, the dominoes need to start falling so that the guys down the list might become more willing to commit if they find they don't have a higher ranked player at their position ahead of them. I would love to get Abu...he seems like he has such potential. But, you can't tell about intangibles like basketball IQ and heart from watching highlight videos. I enjoyed seeing the joy that Robinson showed in some of the videos....he seemed to be having a good time. It would be nice if Black committed to Florida and Abu saw the light (and the playing time and the tradition). The drama of this recruiting season keeps building and my patience is starting to grow thin.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Re: DHam, there's a difference between occasionally creating opportunities for others and actually playing point guard. Some of you guys need to ease off the throttle a bit.

In other words, we've got the next George Gervin, not the next Magic. ;)

Reaction Score
Harris is projected as a 3. Henton is a stretch 4. Too slow to guard most 3s. Undersized at the 4. Good nose for the ball. Batts will graduate. CD is a 4-5. Rodney Bullock is a nice 4; but AMA should be able to get minutes over him

Reaction Score
Re: DHam, there's a difference between occasionally creating opportunities for others and actually playing point guard. Some of you guys need to ease off the throttle a bit.

In other words, we've got the next George Gervin, not the next Magic. ;)
This isn't the 80s. Some of you are so confined at looking for traditional qualities in a pg,sg,sf,pf,c. height means nothing if he's our most composed guard. if he and purvis share ball handling duties we would have mismatches all over the place. Nobody is use to a 6'9 guy bringing the ball up.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
This isn't the 80s. Some of you are so confined at looking for traditional qualities in a pg,sg,sf,pf,c. height means nothing if he's our most composed guard.
It's not about being composed, it's about initiating the offense and spreading the court the way KO wants it to be spread.

The obvious confusion among neophytes is "oh, he can dribble and pass, he must be a point guard!" That's how people who learned about basketball from video games think.

Reaction Score
Floor spacing is a team effort, not just the pg's. Do you not see the advantage of having two or three guys bringing the ball and doing something? Our offense is not that complicated its basically drive and kick with a lot of pnr's. last time I checked if youre the best ball handler and passer on the team you are the pg.

Matrim55

Reaction Score
My prediction for Snider is looking better...
@CoreyPegram: Quentin Snider fresh off his decommitment from Louisville says he will visit Xavier & Indiana unofficially. UConn will get official in Sept
Love it. I've done a lot of reading up on him over the last week and it seems he's a real floor general. Sounds like Bazz.

I'd still prefer Perkins - I think he's spectacular, and will help us play a style that will stand out and make it easier for KO to get other top recruits - but I'd be thrilled with any of the top 3 kids we're after.

Reaction Score
Snider's length, handle, and composure are a few things I really like about his game. He is almost like a cross between JLamb and Bazz in my opinion.

Reaction Score
i just want to make the point that it seems like every PG were recruiting is supposed to be the next bazz. has anyone else noticed that?

Yes I have noticed. Anytime you have an elite floor general like Bazz people are going to hope that the next person in line has similar qualities. Before Bazz everyone wanted the next Kemba. Bazz even came out and said himself he is not going to be Kemba, he can only be the best "Bazz" he can be. I thought that was great when he was saying that, bc it can be very difficult to follow footsteps like Kemba and not feel shameful when you fail to fill his shoes. So it takes maturity confidence and self-security to come in and "own" yourself and stop trying to be someone your not.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yes I have noticed. Anytime you have an elite floor general like Bazz people are going to hope that the next person in line has similar qualities. Before Bazz everyone wanted the next Kemba. Bazz even came out and said himself he is not going to be Kemba, he can only be the best "Bazz" he can be. I thought that was great when he was saying that, bc it can be very difficult to follow footsteps like Kemba and not feel shameful when you fail to fill his shoes. So it takes maturity confidence and self-security to come in and "own" yourself and stop trying to be someone your not.

exactly, i'm just tired of guys like perkins and snider both being compared to bazz when both look like they have different styles of game.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
He looks like he has a good handle, pushes it up the floor quickly, and is good at finishing against high school bigs. Not a single dunk, which I don't care about except that it does say something about his athleticism. Just a few good passes on that video, so hard to tell how good his floor vision is overall. His jumper looked pretty good, but not a lot of elevation when shooting it. The main thing I noticed is that he has a serious, no nonsense look about him when playing and he seemed to keep himself under control. Who knows from a single video, but he must be a very good player with his ranking.

Reaction Score
Snider looks to me like a cross between Peyton Siva and Marcus Williams.........which is more than fine to me!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom