My Predictions For 2014 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

My Predictions For 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
i just want to make the point that it seems like every PG were recruiting is supposed to be the next bazz. has anyone else noticed that?

Bazz is one of the best point guards in UConn history, and most of us don't want to lower our standards. But honestly who really knows how any of these recruits will pan out. Bazz is tough as nails and that's something we can't measure with any of these prospects based on youtube clips.

Reaction Score
Not to be a homer, but you'd think between McLaughlin, Snider, and Perkins, one of them would be tempted by the idea of filling out a blank check of minutes at the point guard position with potential first rounders Hamilton, Purvis, and Calhoun flanking you on the wings. You'd be playing for a historic program with an embarrassingly rich history in point guards, a head coach who played the position for over a decade in the NBA, and a team ready to contend immediately. I mean, basically, you're the missing piece to the puzzle. Unless Kentucky, or UNC, or Duke comes calling, I can't think of many better situations.

Reaction Score
Not to be a homer, but you'd think between McLaughlin, Snider, and Perkins, one of them would be tempted by the idea of filling out a blank check of minutes at the point guard position with potential first rounders Hamilton, Purvis, and Calhoun flanking you on the wings. You'd be playing for a historic program with a n embarrassingly PROUD rich history in point guards, a head coach who played the position for over a decade in the NBA, and a team ready to contend immediately. I mean, basically, you're the missing piece to the puzzle. Unless Kentucky, or UNC, or Duke comes calling, I can't think of many better situations.

Agreed....however one small footnote, correction.

I know your choice of words is for dramatic effect however never use a negative, like embarrassing, to describe our history at point or anything else, even if meant sarcastically.....

Try PROUD rich history instead...UCONN PROUD ;)
fixed! :)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Agreed....however one small footnote, correction.

I know your choice of words is for dramatic effect however never use a negative, like embarrassing, to describe our history at point or anything else, even if meant sarcastically.....

Try PROUD rich history instead...UCONN PROUD ;)
fixed! :)
Unless intended to imply UConn has embarrassed most of the other college bb programs.:)

Reaction Score
True that Fleu, a thoughtful spin, but a stretch interpretation IMHO:cool:

My mind doesn't work that way....maybe I'm too old and out of touch:confused:

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not to be a homer, but you'd think between McLaughlin, Snider, and Perkins, one of them would be tempted by the idea of filling out a blank check of minutes at the point guard position with potential first rounders Hamilton, Purvis, and Calhoun flanking you on the wings. You'd be playing for a historic program with an embarrassingly rich history in point guards, a head coach who played the position for over a decade in the NBA, and a team ready to contend immediately. I mean, basically, you're the missing piece to the puzzle. Unless Kentucky, or UNC, or Duke comes calling, I can't think of many better situations.

can we add another like button? this is exactly why one of these kids should come here. any why i will feel really good about dorsey in 2015 if we get none

Reaction Score
I understand everyone on here thinks Boatright is going to leave after this year, but if he stays (which their is still a great chance) Uconn won't even need a point guard in this class and will be in even better shape next year for Dorsey and any other PG prospects. Just my opinion...

Reaction Score
@AdamZagoria: .@JoshPerkins03 has not yet scheduled a visit to UConn and if it's not done tonight he won't visit, his dad tells @jacklegwin of @SNYtv

Reaction Score
Thanks 3! I'm amazed at how well you are able to stay on top of all this recruiting news involving Uconn. Haha

Reaction Score
Look at how different we ended up. Crazy to think how much recruiting changes, even guys with a ton of info show that it is hard to predict.

Reaction Score
Makes me wonder why people even listen to this kid. He is not affiliated with school. Doesn't attend games or watch recruits play but somehow people take his word still.

Reaction Score
Makes me wonder why people even listen to this kid. He is not affiliated with school. Doesn't attend games or watch recruits play but somehow people take his word still.

I KNOW you're not talkin about 3 like that. I've only been here a short time, but he seems like one of the humblest and most informed, not to mention respected fans here. I'm all for sticking up for the Boneyard's young guns!!

Reaction Score
Look at how different we ended up. Crazy to think how much recruiting changes, even guys with a ton of info show that it is hard to predict.
Yea this year was interesting. My Snider pick was just that I felt we had a good shot but it was way to early to really know anything with him. Robinson who would've thought then that UConn was going to stop recruiting him. At that point we were considered his leader. Then Abu who knows what happened there. Many people are suspecting something happened with the AAU but it is what it is.

Reaction Score
I agree -3 may be young but he works hard and posts a lot of info during a period of time when there is very little to talk about. I am glad he is here and hope he keeps us informed for many years to come. When he is old enough I feel like I owe him a beer.

Reaction Score
Not sure what attending games or watching recruits has to do with 3 predicting what school they end up at. Recruiting is a fickle game and hard to predict. 3 does put in a lot of work to provide us with updates and interviews with recruits. It's good to have someone so dedicated like him around here.

Reaction Score

Your post makes me wonder why you decided to click submit. Its not like it was constructive or meaningful in any way.

Look if you don't like what 3 brings to the table, that is fine. No reason to be a dicc about it.

I personally thank 3 for bringing excitement to this board during the offseason. No one else was doing it. It's the type of committed and passionate fans such as 3 that help to accelerate program success.

Yes fans matter that much. You want a good example see Kentucky. Those fans have brought that program back from some struggles. They treat Calipari like a god and are unfortunately a huge part of the reason ppl actually think calapari is a good person.

Reaction Score

Um, people asked him to put together his predictions & 3UConn did just that. He never said he'd nail them. He made predictions on information he gathered... for fun! He did this for fun! He could keep all his information to himself, but he shares it with us and we are all grateful for it. He obviously spends a lot of time on this, much more than any of us can do. Cut him some slack....

Reaction Score
He did put a disclaimer where he mentions that his predictions are based off of info he had and plenty of guesses. At the time of his postings the predictions were definitely reasonable. Eh i digress.

Reaction Score
3 is arguably the most tapped-in poster when it comes to recruiting and provides timely information that nobody else is able to. He is an excellent news source.

You can't take anything away from him because he whiffs on a few predictions. Recruiting is impossible to predict.

Reaction Score
Congratulations on joining the parade of as$holes.

Dmike

Waiting for the Snow and 3 pointers to fly
Reaction Score

Shut your mouth you bully. You're like a child who complains about the
food his parents put on the table instead of being grateful that his parents bust their butts to put the food on the table. It takes guts, effort, and intelligence to put out the work product that 3 does on a daily basis. This site isn't as good without him. This has been a crazy recruiting year and 3 provides timely news about whats going on from whatever resources he can cobble together and I hope he continues to do it for all of our sakes. Rdm203, you should feel great shame and never post hate like that again.

Brownie

"Sword of God"
Reaction Score

Knickerbocker, please! I'm sure KO himself had his own recruiting predictions back in August, many of which were probably also wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom