Most surprising UConn commitment | The Boneyard

Most surprising UConn commitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who is the player that was the most surprising UConn commit? Drummond is the obvious choice because he reclassified and committed like a day before school started. But I'm going with Daniels that came completely out of the blue. He didn't even visit and I don't think we knew he was even a target. Curious to see what you BYers think

Reaction Score
The timing of Drummond commit was surprising, but the commit itself was all but expected by everyone here and every coach in America (most didn't even bother to recruit Drummond because if he was going to college it was going to be as a husky)

Daniels was definitely out of the blue.

Reaction Score
Ed Nelson too. Though a transfer. ACC rookie of the year to sitting out a year. When UConn landed Nelson on top of that sick recruiting class in 04, that is when the other BE coaches started bitchin and moanin.

Reaction Score
The timing of Drummond commit was surprising, but the commit itself was all but expected by everyone here and every coach in America (most didn't even bother to recruit Drummond because if he was going to college it was going to be as a husky)

Daniels was definitely out of the blue.

Disagree. Most here took the fact that he was doing a post grad year instead of reclassifying, as an obvious sign he would never play college ball.

Reaction Score
Disagree. Most here took the fact that he was doing a post grad year instead of reclassifying, as an obvious sign he would never play college ball.
It sounds like you stopped reading my post halfway through.

If Drummond was going to play college ball it would be as a husky. Everyone here was worried he would jump after the PG year, but it was always expected that he was going to come here. He even said that he was always going to play at uconn. Nothing surprising other than the timing

Reaction Score
I thoughts Daniels was out the blue . Recent but I still remember the elation of a random 5* committing. Frankly dhamilton was also kinda crazy. So many big time offers to stay close to home... That's when I knew KO was the real deal.

Reaction Score
I thoughts Daniels was out the blue . Recent but I still remember the elation of a random 5* committing. Frankly dhamilton was also kinda crazy. So many big time offers to stay close to home... That's when I knew KO was the real deal.
Yeah, was gonna say DHam too.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Khalid seemed to come out of nowhere to me. And he seemed to change everything in an instant.

Reaction Score
Kevin Freeman was a surprising "consolation prize". He probably would have been playing for UMass if Mike Babul didn't end up signing with UMass first.

Reaction Score
DD and Drummond -- two top-10 guys who committed out of the blue in the summer. We really killed it coming off of the championship in 2011.

Reaction Score
Who is the player that was the most surprising UConn commit? Drummond is the obvious choice because he reclassified and committed like a day before school started. But I'm going with Daniels that came completely out of the blue. He didn't even visit and I don't think we knew he was even a target. Curious to see what you BYers think
Donyell

Reaction Score
boat. was convinced we were getting jabarie hinds. thank you jabarie hinds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robrio89

Top Bottom